Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Timeshare opportunity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Timeshare opportunity Page: <<   < prev  155 156 [157] 158 159   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/29/2011 6:47:39 PM   
BrucePowers

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4681
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/29/2011 6:49:01 PM   
BrucePowers

I liked Edinburgh. A lot of fun stuff to do there

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 4682
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/29/2011 6:50:47 PM   
sprior

Castle, Royal Mile, zoo, er, thats about it. Unless you did Rose Street? The Grassmarket is fun too, had 100 shilling beer there, Oooh er missus.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 4683
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/29/2011 7:05:36 PM   
BrucePowers

There was a market square that had some very nice pubs. The castle was great. Viewing the Scottish royal jewels was easier than the English ones in the Tower, no conveyor belt.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4684
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/31/2011 4:47:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Went down to Laguna Beach on Sunday. Astoundingly beautiful day with a stiff onshore breeze that stirred up whitecaps and made the water look a milky blue like a glacial lake. A race of young aliens (outer space kind) with elaborate ink-colored birthmarks and big holes in their earlobes had displaced all the humans under about 25 years of age. Another small band of aliens had beamed down from their mothership. They wore white robes and sandals, were oddly happy and had metallic noisemakers at the ends of their alien digits. They seemed to have come to Earth for the chicken because after they strolled around annoying all the neurotypicals, they stopped at Pollo Loco and used their food stamp debits cards.

I saw an ad in a reastaurant window for a special Sunday Brunch drink. $5 for a "Bearded Clam" (Clamato and Stolichnaya) Not for me. I came to earth for the chicken too.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/31/2011 4:49:52 PM >

Post #: 4685
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/31/2011 4:50:25 PM   
Chickenboy

Well, you've got to admit, $5 for bearded clam *is* a pretty good deal. Sticking with the chicken is never a bad idea...

ETA: Neurotypicals anywhere in SoCal? Unlikely.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 5/31/2011 5:04:18 PM >

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4686
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/31/2011 5:05:38 PM   
khyberbill

I recall eating Bearded Clams when I was in San Diego (and other ports of call) while in the Navy, but I don't remember drinking any.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

Post #: 4687
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 5/31/2011 5:16:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well, you've got to admit, $5 for beaded clam *is* a pretty good deal. Sticking with the chicken is never a bad idea...

Yes, but it does matter how one will consume the bearded clam.

We saw two bearded clams acting as "Tidepool Educators" at the little city park north of Main Beach. They had on those ATF-style windbreakers that had "Tidepool Educator" stenciled on the back. They were really undercover "Tidepool Narcs". They were poorly disguised dykes...not the kind to hold back the water, either. The place has been trampled by about 1/5 the population of the Earth (and some aliens too) over the last 50 years and has nothing but Anenomes and a few crabs and mussels...and clams....but they acted like it was a pristine section of the Great Barrier Reef.

Stalker Girl picked an encrusted shell outside the park and, in a show of disrepect of authority, carried across the boundary. One of the bearded clams descended upon her.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: You can't collect shells here. This is a preserve.

SG: I picked it up outside.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: Well, you can't carry specimens either in here.

SG: Then I'll throw it in the water. It's dead.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: NO! That will disturb the ecosystem.

SG: Then I'll just take it back out.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: You can't remove items either.

SG: Well, what do you want me to do with it? <at this point I am starting to laugh at the Catch 22 situation and imagining what SG is thinking in response to her own question>

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: Better let me have it. I'm a Docent.

In the end, violence was avoided....sadly.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4688
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/1/2011 5:47:24 PM   
USSAmerica

Trying to keep from disturbing the peace at the library while I read!  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 4689
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/1/2011 7:08:08 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Well, you've got to admit, $5 for beaded clam *is* a pretty good deal. Sticking with the chicken is never a bad idea...

Yes, but it does matter how one will consume the bearded clam.

We saw two bearded clams acting as "Tidepool Educators" at the little city park north of Main Beach. They had on those ATF-style windbreakers that had "Tidepool Educator" stenciled on the back. They were really undercover "Tidepool Narcs". They were poorly disguised dykes...not the kind to hold back the water, either. The place has been trampled by about 1/5 the population of the Earth (and some aliens too) over the last 50 years and has nothing but Anenomes and a few crabs and mussels...and clams....but they acted like it was a pristine section of the Great Barrier Reef.

Stalker Girl picked an encrusted shell outside the park and, in a show of disrepect of authority, carried across the boundary. One of the bearded clams descended upon her.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: You can't collect shells here. This is a preserve.

Bearded Clam with ATF-style windbreaker: Well, you can't carry specimens either in here.

SG: Well, what do you want me to do with it? <at this point I am starting to laugh at the Catch 22 situation and imagining what SG is thinking in response to her own question>

I'd be tempted to follow the docent around for the day to ensure that she didn't just pitch that shell at the first opportunity. Make her fill out an environmental impact statement for such wanton ecosystem disturbance.

Post #: 4690
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/2/2011 4:36:20 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be tempted to follow the docent around for the day to ensure that she didn't just pitch that shell at the first opportunity. Make her fill out an environmental impact statement for such wanton ecosystem disturbance.

Ah, CB, that's why your Minnesotan society remains so culturally undeveloped compared to Enlightened Californians.

We got docents with ATVs paid for by the state protecting our Coastal Marine Ecosystems, and our ecosystems continue to thrive.

You, on the other hand, have no docents, and look what happened to your Coastal Marine Ecosystems. They're gone!

Coincidence? I think not!

(Of course, we're also broke; you're not, but that's beside the point.)

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4691
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 2:22:45 AM   
rtrapasso

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 4692
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 10:34:07 AM   
sprior

The World's Worst AAR (tm) is a free service provided solely at the discretion of the Mavis Plunkett Asylum and its inmates.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4693
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 10:35:19 AM   
sprior

Did we have a house rule about bombing oil in Burma? If not, the Wellies are going there.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4694
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 2:44:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

The World's Worst AAR (tm) is a free service provided solely at the discretion of the Mavis Plunkett Asylum and its inmates.

Indeed, and we have been busy placing a respectable third of four teams in the Mavis Plunkett Asylum Annual Basketball Tournament. We entered the "Apractic Division". The winning team had some kid named Sprewell, crazy SOB but one hell of a player.

I should add we won the consolation bracket on an underhand 3 point shot at the buzzer by Admiral Lord Sprior, who shot a creditable 6.5% from 3 point range.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4695
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 2:46:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Did we have a house rule about bombing oil in Burma? If not, the Wellies are going there.

I recall no such house rule, but I am bad about remembering things. In any event, it will be payback for the suicide merchantmen attack groups duirng the battle for New Scotland.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4696
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 3:05:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************August 17, 1942, Office of the Sec. of War,C-Ring, Pentagon***************

Arthur Garfield Hays, Boardmember, National Board, ACLU:...Mr. Secretary, it is the position of the Board that it should be the avowed policy of this government to stamp out racism, WHEREVER it is found.

Sec. Stimson: Mr. Hays, there IS a war on. Sometimes you just have to let the boys have their fun.

Arthur Garfield Hays, Boardmember, National Board, ACLU: BOYS!? It isn't just the junior ranks, Mr. Secretary. <consults reference card> Here. Here is the official "Mission Statement" of South Pacific Air Headquarters...."KILL JAPS!" That's it! All caps with an exclamation point. Mr. Secretary? Really? Must we?

Sec. Stimson: <snickers a bit, then comports himself> Who is that, Halsey?

Arthur Garfield Hays, Boardmember, National Board, ACLU: Yes, a certain William Frederick Halsey, Jr., USN. We demand you remove him from command.

Sec. Stimson: Demand? Who do you think you are?

Arthur Garfield Hays, Boardmember, National Board, ACLU: Mr. Stinson, I was hoping it would not come to this, but if are demands are not met, we will instruct our members to vote for another candidate.

Sec. Stimson: Who, Dewey? Come on, we both know your membership is not going to vote for him.

Arthur Garfield Hays, Boardmember, National Board, ACLU: Perhaps a thrid party candidate will emerge, then.

Sec. Stimson: Look, Mr. Hays, how would it be if I got Admiral Halsey to change his mission statement?.........

* It's "Stimson" not "Stinson"

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/5/2011 11:10:26 PM >

Post #: 4697
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 3:08:16 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

We entered the "Apractic Division".

A fitting division for you Cap'n. I trust you'll enunciate your way to victory?

Post #: 4698
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 3:10:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Have the Japanese been bombing LI and resources in China? If not, I'd expect that to commence forthwith if you start blowing up Magwe's production.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4699
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 3:54:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Have the Japanese been bombing LI and resources in China? If not, I'd expect that to commence forthwith if you start blowing up Magwe's production.

What if we just say we are sorry aftereward?

And who is this "LI" guy?

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/5/2011 3:57:37 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4700
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 4:48:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

So, after working yesterday, so I could earn more money and voluntarily check the box on my 2012 return to help pay down the national debt, I stop at Rubios for some really good (not kidding here) blackened salmon tacos and there is a little shop next door called, cleverly, "The Smoke Shop". It consists of several glass shelves and stark white walls with about 300 bongs on display. No Jimi Hendrix or Greatful Dead posters, no wrapping papers. Just bongs.

The proprietor, whom you might expect to have a pony tail and a tie-dye shirt, instead is tall and athletic whith short hair. He looks like he could be on the Iranian national soccer team or something.....and he is out front smoking a cigarette. 2011 and the owner of The Smoke Shop has to go outside to smoke.

Post #: 4701
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 5:24:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

So, after working yesterday, so I could earn more money and voluntarily check the box on my 2012 return to help pay down the national debt, I stop at Rubios for some really good (not kidding here) blackened salmon tacos and there is a little shop next door called, cleverly, "The Smoke Shop". It consists of several glass shelves and stark white walls with about 300 bongs on display. No Jimi Hendrix or Greatful Dead posters, no wrapping papers. Just bongs.

The proprietor, whom you might expect to have a pony tail and a tie-dye shirt, instead is tall and athletic whith short hair. He looks like he could be on the Iranian national soccer team or something.....and he is out front smoking a cigarette. 2011 and the owner of The Smoke Shop has to go outside to smoke.

Dude, those are water pipes. Not bongs-water pipes. For tobacco.

Post #: 4702
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 6:38:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Dude, those are water pipes. Not bongs-water pipes. For tobacco.

Ah..well. That would explain his insouciance and lack of furtiveness. They still looked like bongs to me.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4703
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 7:22:12 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********August 29, 1942*********

South Pacific: The combined efforts of a P-38 squadron flying sweeps and 3 squadrons of B-17's finally convinced Johnny Jap to give up Tanna airfield. There may have also been a mysterious loss of aviation support boys gone AWOL with all their Shinto **** left behind. A big Allied attack at Nadi today came in at 1:2 (just short of 1:1). Even so we destroyed quite a few Ronsons. The Allies suffered more disabled units so there will be no more ground attacks for a while. I have another Marine Regt headed to Fiji. The B-26's and P-39's and F4F's on ground attack are just not wearing down the Shinto Boys. Attention Washington....."SEND THE B-25's".

Oz: Malathion or Marekech or whatever that burg is on the road East of Geraldton is about 3.5 airfield level now. It will be at least level 4 for the offensive. The Jap shipping at PM is trying to make it back singly to Rabaul and is getting hammered by teh sub gauntlet. PM airfield is 100% destoyed. Terpao about 30% but there are no planes there. The Oscars that were covering PM (by LRCAP I imagine) have given up after they were hammered by Beaufighter sweeps from Horn. The Mediums at Horn are going after Lae today (which is only level one). When Horn is up to level 4 I can shut down Madang. All of this is to make New Guinea look like the next site fo attack and to allow safer shipping through the Torres Strait. I plan to send a regiment to take Merauke when Operation Weasel starts.

Post #: 4704
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 10:57:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**************SoPac Air HQ, Suva, August 29, 1942************

Adm. Halsey:.....What's wrong with "KILL JAPS!"?

M&M Enterprises Managment Consultant in fine linen slacks: It is very concise, sir, but I think Sec. Stimson is looking for something more suitable for public release.

Adm. Halsey: Stimson? Hasn't he anything better to do?

M&M Enterprises Managment Consultant in fine linen slacks: It is a political position, sir. Can you imagine how awkward it will be for the future governance of Japan?

Adm. Halsey: Governance of Japan? Hell, if I have my way there won't be anything left to govern.

M&M Enterprises Managment Consultant in fine linen slacks: Splendid enthusiasm, sir! Now let's see if we can wordsmith that a bit. With your permission I'd like to come up to the front and we can brainstorm ideas. <walks assertively to the front and grabs chalk> Anyone..just shout it out.

Intel Officer: How about, "South Pac Air HQ, we endeavor to eradicate the Japanese race!"

39th Fighter Squadron, CO: "Everyday"

Intel Officer: Yeah, "Everyday". That's good!

M&M Enterprises Managment Consultant in fine linen slacks: I like it. I like it. Do you think we can soften "eradicate"?......

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/5/2011 11:08:53 PM >

Post #: 4705
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/5/2011 11:19:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************C-Ring Pentagon, Aug. 29, 1942**************

Sec. Stimson: <on phone> Director Hoover? This is Henry Stimson........Yes, yes, I'm fine....Yes, the wife is fine too. And yours?......oh, I see. Sorry, silly of me. Say, the reason I called is I want your guys to get rid of someone......No, not KILL him, just induce him to retire, he's nominally on our side but I am tired of the complaints......Right, got a pen? OK, William Halsey, H-A-L-S-E-Y, Halsey, Admiral USN. He's in Fiji......yes the one in the South Pacific....Yes, of course we still own it. Any ideas?....ummhmmm....ummmhmmmm.....Itch powder? You don't say?....Does it really work?

Post #: 4706
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/6/2011 2:00:54 AM   
erstad

quote:

And who is this "LI" guy?

A LI is a Chinese unit of distance. You can trust me, I have a well-used Scrabble dictionary.

How one would bomb a LI, I'm not totally sure. My guess would be it refers to interdiction of ground movement.

Post #: 4707
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/6/2011 2:29:07 AM   
witpqs

You guys are all wrong...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 4708
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/6/2011 4:23:23 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I swear. You never know what the fish are going to bite on. Sometimes you creep up on a good riffle, spot a hatch so thick you need to keep your mouth closed, identify Pale Morning Dun 2 weeks early, hand tie a few at creekside, throw down your loops and start to tie the first one on and some gomer in flip flops, shorts and a 3rd degree sunburn
tosses in some PowerBait, hooks a 20 inch Brown on the first cast and spooks the entire hole.

It could be Cindy Li Who too

Post #: 4709
RE: Timeshare opportunity - 6/6/2011 4:24:56 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Sweet Jesus...does no one...OK...I'll wait a little bit.

Post #: 4710
Page:   <<   < prev  155 156 [157] 158 159   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Timeshare opportunity Page: <<   < prev  155 156 [157] 158 159   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI