Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Naval ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval ships - 6/8/2011 3:18:59 AM   
Johnlax

Forgive the newbie question here but does the game include Naval ships by name ? For example after a battle are certain ship sunk and or damaged. If damaged do ship limp back into port for repairs??? Thanks for any answers
Post #: 1
RE: Naval ships - 6/8/2011 10:35:24 AM   
kirk23

Hi Johnlax I'm afraid to say if your interest is in anyway naval,then this game won't rock your boat,naval side of the game is very abstract and in no way resembles historic facts!!!

No the ships are not named,and what is worse they don't suffer damaged & get repaired,they are deemed sunk like they are all flimsy rowing boats,they all get wiped out in naval battles and drop like flies,which makes it a pointless exercise building any ships in the first place,I feel the game would be better forgetting about including any naval aspect,and let it just be about a land campaign game,if not they should fix the naval side of it, with naval people who know something about the Napoleonic sailing ship period in history, the fact that ships of the line were extremely hard to sink means nothing in this game,so for a score out of ten for effort regarding the naval aspect I give the game a score of 1 and that is being generous it's a joke.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 6/8/2011 10:51:11 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval ships - 9/25/2011 5:58:38 AM   
Murat

Really? A 1? So no Ship of the Line was ever sunk? No large fleets were ever eliminated in mass? It's not perfect but it is a naval system and it does have some basis behind it. This is not Wooden Ships/Iron Men (speaking of ahistorical....) combined with Empires in Arms, it is EiA ported to computer.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Naval ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI