Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Naval game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval game? - 6/9/2011 6:44:49 PM   
Johnlax

guys I am taking a serious look at this game for purchase Can someone give me a feel for the naval game here DO ships go out in Squardons conduct blockades and have battle when they meet? Most importantly to me do ships suffer battle damage and limp back into ports for repairs? Are repairs and refits handled in any fashsion? Thanks for any insights

< Message edited by Johnlax -- 6/9/2011 7:32:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Naval game? - 6/9/2011 7:58:23 PM   
evwalt

Ships move in Fleets and can blockade ports, cutting port income and trade routes.  Fleets can engage each other and (in single player) fight tactical battles.  They will suffer battle damage which can be repaired to varying degrees at the end of the turn (I believe the normal chance to repair a certain amount of battle damage 1-5 points (?) is 10%; with a certain upgrade it is 90%).

In several PBEM games I have been in, naval engagements have been won when superior fleets are engaged by 2 or more enemy fleets.  The first battle will often see the superior fleet taking lots of damage but few ships sunk, while the losing fleet is trashed.  A second enemy fleet arrives and engages the previously superior fleet causing many of the damaged ships to be sunk.

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval game? - 6/9/2011 8:45:26 PM   
Johnlax

evalt thanks for reply is refit factored in the game. Also are ports a factor in ship repair and or building thanks again

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval game? - 6/10/2011 10:03:54 AM   
gnmad

ports can repair ships and are needed for ship building with lvl of development affecting what can be built and ships starting morale. refits as such dont exist tho there are lots of upgrades that can be added to ships at any time.

< Message edited by gnmad -- 6/10/2011 10:06:10 AM >

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Naval game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI