Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fire In the East scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Fire In the East scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 5/24/2011 5:36:29 AM   
Grymme

One suggestion would be to play AG nord vs NW front the first time. Thats a much less daunting project. Here a round could be finished in less than half an hour.

As for play balance. You should not underestimate the advantage Germany gets from initiative and the initial bonus. In my game i am rather concerned that it might go to easy to defeat the SU.

Also one advice. I would not restart a game for bugs unless those bugs were the kind that crashes the game. There will be bugs for a long time, both in the scenario and the game engine. Thats just the way game development goes. Its better to play around the bugs if you want to get somewhere. If there are bugs that affect game balance somehow there is always ways to work that out by dumping supply to that amount etc.

Anyway. Hope

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 121
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 6/5/2011 8:42:25 PM   
Grymme

Uploaded a new FITE bundle complete with newest version of the scenario, briefing, small scenario Battle for Tula and i also added another new scenario Guderians Blitzkrieg.

CHANGES TO FIRE IN THE EAST
- Fixed Murmansk small bug (the hex sprite was not showing the correct location)
- Cleaned up Axis and Soviet available research so that research bransches that have no effect are not possible to buy.
- Engine OOB bug fixed with release of AT:G v214.
- Fixed bug where it was not possible to evacuate the factories of a handful of cities (they were not selectable with the actioncard)
- Also changed the way evacuating factories works so that success is not automatic, but evacuation will succeed in 60% of the time. There can only be one atempt to evacuate a hex, after that the hex will not be selectable anymore.

This is pretty small changes and i would not advice anyone to restart a game because of these changes. The only bug that affected gameplay was the evacuation thing and the change of functionality is not that far away from how it worked with the bug.

Here is a link to the bundle

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z17MVRBB

GUDERIANS BLITZKRIEG
Also, as a bonus for FITE-players i have included a new medium sized scenario in the bundle. Its a 13 round scenario covering the southern arm of the Operation Typhoon drive for Moscow in 1941. Its called Guderians Blitzkrieg. (Its Passwordprotected, but with the same password as the FITE scenario). Its editable for those who find any bugs in it (its a first version so has not been playtested for balance.

Its actually loosely inspired by the boardgame Guderians Blitzkrieg by Multimanpublishing, see link

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2994/guderians-blitzkrieg

Here is a screenshot that shows most of the board. The playing surface is roughly 43*54 hexes with a couple of hundred units.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 122
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 6/10/2011 5:15:25 AM   
xiaochun3612

Looks great Grymme!

Do you have a sense of how difficult it is to convert AT:WWII scenerio's to ATG?

Is it a case of they work out of the box, just don't take advantage of any of the new features...or do you have to do some work to get them to function?

I'd like to convert my scenerio's over when ATG comes out..

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 123
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 6/10/2011 9:09:01 AM   
Josh

Damn spammers.

(in reply to xiaochun3612)
Post #: 124
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 7/27/2011 11:12:13 AM   
Grymme

Latest version 212 is now uploaded to my skydrive. The only change is the fixing of a pic error that apparently caused some problems when playing against soviet AI.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 125
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 2/12/2016 10:19:20 AM   
wolf14455

Looks great. New to ATG but played lots of War in russia type games. Are you atill working on this scenario and if yes how to get hold of a copy?
cheers

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 126
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 2/12/2016 10:23:01 AM   
rjh1971

You need to get in touch with Grymme and donate him a couple of bucks or euros through PayPal, and he will send you the scenario and password.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 2/12/2016 11:24:42 AM >

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 127
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 2/12/2016 11:01:40 AM   
wolf14455

Ok, cool. Just senden him an Email.

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 128
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Fire In the East scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI