Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/13/2011 9:43:45 PM   
michaelm75au

1108m6

Attachment (1)

Michael

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 901
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/13/2011 9:58:20 PM   
DOCUP

Thanks Michaelm and Viberpool

you guys rock

doc

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 902
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 4:52:42 AM   
Gary D

Michael;

Using the beta dated the 12th of June I believe I am seeing a TOE upgrade issue. Any unit at rest within the required distance to a headquarters unit is upgrading without "toggling" the TOE upgrade yellow text on the unit. I recently had two "suprise" TOE upgrades that dropped units AV strength from 45 to 3 given that there are no items of the appropriate new type to fill out the unit.

Attached is the save just prior to running the turn. The units are two Indian Lancers units, one in Silchar and one in Diamond Harbor. After you run the turn I believe the units will "auto upgrade".

Been awhile since I have tackled AE so perhaps my problem is a lack of understanding how TOE upgrades are currently implemented but it is my belief that the "yellow toggle" and "rest" were both prerequisites?

Thank you sir for all your efforts in improving AE!

All the best;
Gary

Attachment (1)

Post #: 903
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/14/2011 5:20:10 AM   
Pascal_slith

Hi michealm,

a number of more minor ops messages appear on the screen during the running of a turn but do not appear in the Ops Report (an example is 'floatation repairs failing' messages among a few others).

Would it be possible to make sure all messages that appear on the screen during the running of a turn also appears in the Ops Report?

I ask this because sometimes these are important messages for a specific ship or unit but I cannot remember all of them after the turn run ends.

< Message edited by Pascal -- 6/14/2011 5:21:46 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 904
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 6:39:38 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary D

Michael;

Using the beta dated the 12th of June I believe I am seeing a TOE upgrade issue. Any unit at rest within the required distance to a headquarters unit is upgrading without "toggling" the TOE upgrade yellow text on the unit. I recently had two "suprise" TOE upgrades that dropped units AV strength from 45 to 3 given that there are no items of the appropriate new type to fill out the unit.

Attached is the save just prior to running the turn. The units are two Indian Lancers units, one in Silchar and one in Diamond Harbor. After you run the turn I believe the units will "auto upgrade".

Been awhile since I have tackled AE so perhaps my problem is a lack of understanding how TOE upgrades are currently implemented but it is my belief that the "yellow toggle" and "rest" were both prerequisites?

All the best;
Gary

AFAIK that bit about "toggling" the TOE upgrade text to yellow is just for display - it tells you that there is a TOE upgrade (either available now or in the future). If you have Replacements = On, then TOE upgrades are on also (same button controls both).

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 905
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 8:08:18 AM   
elxaime

I am trying this latest beta for the first time, but it seems to only open to a small screen, not full screen. The existing standard WITP-AE was full screen on my computer. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks.

Also, it is great these changes are being done, but is there any sense of whether an official patch may come out soon? If so, I would prefer to hold off the PBEM I intended to start.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 906
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 10:33:36 AM   
BigDuke66

Check the command line options, the Beta shortcut has only -w so the games starts in window mode, just copy the command line options from your original shortcut over to the new beta shortcut and everything should run like before.

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 907
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 2:12:40 PM   
Gary D

quote:

AFAIK that bit about "toggling" the TOE upgrade text to yellow is just for display - it tells you that there is a TOE upgrade (either available now or in the future). If you have Replacements = On, then TOE upgrades are on also (same button controls both).

Thanks WITPQS for that lesson. I do not believe that replacements were set to "on" either, but I will have to go check that.

Gary

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 908
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 2:28:50 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary D

Michael;

All the best;
Gary

TOE upgrade will happen when the unit is at REST in a friendly base within range (2 x the command radius) of a command level HQ.
There is no requirement to toggle anything else.

That said, I thought I had added a requirement that replacements need to be ON for TOE upgrade to happen. But I don't seem to be able to find it.

Michael

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 909
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/14/2011 5:52:34 PM   
witpqs

Michael,

Does the fortification level of a base affect the chances of enemy air and naval bombardment attacks achieving airbase supply hits and/or port supply hits?

Post #: 910
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 2:21:35 AM   
DDLAfan

Hi,

If I start a PBEM with the beta, will we be able to update it with the offical patch when it comes out, or will we have to start over if we want to use the official. Thanks.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 911
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 2:35:36 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: DDLAfan

Hi,

If I start a PBEM with the beta, will we be able to update it with the offical patch when it comes out, or will we have to start over if we want to use the official. Thanks.

Unless something totally unanticipated happens I am sure you will be able to update and continue playing. They always have succeeded in doing it that way.

(in reply to DDLAfan)
Post #: 912
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 10:52:33 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Michael,

Does the fortification level of a base affect the chances of enemy air and naval bombardment attacks achieving airbase supply hits and/or port supply hits?

Yes.
Fort and terrain, plus amount of loss relative to device causing the damage.
The relative damage was in build 1104, and I think the terrrain/fort was sometime earlier (or at the start as there is no annotation as to the build it was updated in).

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 913
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 1:26:19 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Michael,

Yes.
Fort and terrain, plus amount of loss relative to device causing the damage.
The relative damage was in build 1104, and I think the terrrain/fort was sometime earlier (or at the start as there is no annotation as to the build it was updated in).

Thanks!

Post #: 914
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/15/2011 2:37:48 PM   
cfulbright

What does the exclamation mark after number of resources in an LCU mean?

Post #: 915
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/15/2011 3:06:56 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

What does the exclamation mark after number of resources in an LCU mean?

See the version notes of Beta patches on first page:

Added Army screen shows a '+' next to under-strength devices that are in pool, a '!' next to device if upgrade in the pool. Helps to see what replacements can be used

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 916
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 6:16:47 PM   
inqistor

WOOHOO! I finally installed the beta (1108m8). It have not repaired broken TOEs (not, that I was counting on it ).

Was there any changes in ASW code? I had subs, which lurked, literally for weeks in enemy bases, and routes, and had like 1 serious ASW attack every 3 days. Now, in one turn, I had to send 4 subs to repair yards. Not, that I am complaining, just observation.

Was there any Scenario data changes? Will there be any Scenario bug fixes in official release?

ANYWAY,
new button which suppose to fill air unit with extra pilots, seems to NOT take into consideration pilots already in unit reserve. Take a look at picture. Indeed unit needs 3 pilots to be full, however, when I click this "Get 3 Pilots" button, first two pilots already in reserve will be changed into Active status, and only 1 EXTRA pilot will be added to group. Then unit is still short 2 pilots, and button will be still active with 2.
There is identical situation, when there is only 1 pilot needed, but group have 9 pilots in reserve. You just need to click 10 times for adding 1 pilot.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 917
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 6:49:31 PM   
witpqs

I'm not the programmer but I believe I know the answers, so here you are:

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

WOOHOO! I finally installed the beta (1108m8). It have not repaired broken TOEs (not, that I was counting on it ).

Was there any changes in ASW code? I had subs, which lurked, literally for weeks in enemy bases, and routes, and had like 1 serious ASW attack every 3 days. Now, in one turn, I had to send 4 subs to repair yards. Not, that I am complaining, just observation.
Someone asked this a while back, and the answer they were given was no, no changes to ASW. There have been changes where Search Arcs (and ASW Arcs) got fixed (versus the latest official release), so it is possible that your opponent is getting better search and more able to zero in on your subs.
quote:

Was there any Scenario data changes? Will there be any Scenario bug fixes in official release?
No scenario changes - code only.
quote:

ANYWAY,
new button which suppose to fill air unit with extra pilots, seems to NOT take into consideration pilots already in unit reserve. Take a look at picture. Indeed unit needs 3 pilots to be full, however, when I click this "Get 3 Pilots" button, first two pilots already in reserve will be changed into Active status, and only 1 EXTRA pilot will be added to group. Then unit is still short 2 pilots, and button will be still active with 2.
There is identical situation, when there is only 1 pilot needed, but group have 9 pilots in reserve. You just need to click 10 times for adding 1 pilot.

The button has never been only for adding 'extra' pilots. They did change how many pilots the button will ask for, but not 'how' it works. It will always make active pilots that have 1-day delay first and get new pilots if there are not enough of those (1-day delay pilots).

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 6/15/2011 6:50:49 PM >

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 918
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 8:16:56 PM   
inqistor

Hmm, I doubt AI uses search arcs, but it is possible this also somehow increased detection. Not that they earlier were not regularly detected.

You can see in picture, that unit is already "standard full" (it have 16 pilots), so button is only for filling extra. Button should show 5, just like in case of filling "standard".

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 919
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/15/2011 9:09:31 PM   
witpqs

As I wrote, he changed the number of pilots that the button will call for.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 920
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/16/2011 3:34:50 AM   
MosheDayan

Question about m8. In my game against the AI, I just upgraded from version m2 to version m8. The combat reports (in fact, the entire combat replay of the turn) is now going at warp speed. I get each graphical replay (though it takes about .5 seconds). Any idea how to slow this down, since I get good information from watching the turn go by?

Thanks.

"If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." - Moshe Dayan

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 921
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/16/2011 3:41:06 AM   
Rainer

Check DELAYS (Screen "Preferences" or in game the second left button on top line).

EDIT: By the way, has nothing to do with the version.

< Message edited by Rainer -- 6/16/2011 3:42:53 AM >

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to MosheDayan)
Post #: 922
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/16/2011 11:06:17 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: MosheDayan

Question about m8. In my game against the AI, I just upgraded from version m2 to version m8. The combat reports (in fact, the entire combat replay of the turn) is now going at warp speed. I get each graphical replay (though it takes about .5 seconds). Any idea how to slow this down, since I get good information from watching the turn go by?

Thanks.

Pressing the space bar during the turn will turn off/on the general message delay.
Did you by chance do this? A message flashes on the screen about message delay being OFf/ON.

Michael

(in reply to MosheDayan)
Post #: 923
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/16/2011 7:23:10 PM   
inqistor

I have made custom testing scenario some time ago. It cuts the whole map to area around Marcus Island, and Wake. To my surprise, under the latest beta (1108m8) there is NO Airgroups shown! First I thought, that I made something wrong, but when I increased map size to include also part of Japan coast, there was no airgroups there either!

I have launched game under latest official patch, and the scenario works as normal. All airgroups are present. I have launched again beta, but it seems all other scenarios works perfectly, both Guadalcanal (smaller map), and GCs MODded by me earlier. This testing scenario still does not show airgroups, even after restart. Scenario available if needed.

Also, there is small screen glitch:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 924
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/17/2011 2:54:28 AM   
michaelm75au

As I mentioned in the Tracker thread, Microsoft has patched the CRT libraries again. This can cause an issue with Tracker and the DLL as happened the other month. The DLL expects to use a version of the CRT libraries that are installed by the latest Window patches.

I think I may have found a way round this problem so that unpatched PCs can still run the newer DLL.

Attached is the new DLL.
I have tried it on a PC which hasn't had the Window's patch yet. It worked as far as decoding the file was concerned.
Try unzipping the attachment and putting the DLL in the Tracker install directory. (Rename the old one just in case )

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 6/17/2011 2:55:38 AM >

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 925
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/17/2011 4:35:41 AM   
BigDuke66

I suppose using this DLL isn't a problem when you are patched up-to-date or?

Post #: 926
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/17/2011 5:23:14 AM   
michaelm75au

Well I sure hope it would still work

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 927
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/17/2011 9:49:22 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Hi michealm,

a number of more minor ops messages appear on the screen during the running of a turn but do not appear in the Ops Report (an example is 'floatation repairs failing' messages among a few others).

Would it be possible to make sure all messages that appear on the screen during the running of a turn also appears in the Ops Report?

I ask this because sometimes these are important messages for a specific ship or unit but I cannot remember all of them after the turn run ends.

Several of these repair messages were added to the Ops report around 1108k7 beta.

Michael

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 928
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/17/2011 4:06:03 PM   
Nemo121

Michael,

Have you been able to give any thought to the idea of making pilots sent to kamikaze groups appear immediately? Otherwise, with their high loss rate, the game's pilot replacement system does rather break down in terms of providing even barely trained pilots.

E.g. Historically many kamikaze pilots graduated basic training and went for some kamikaze-specific training. I model this in-game by drawing them into training groups I've converted to kamikaze groups. In these groups these pilots raise their Low Naval attack skill to 50 or 60 and then they are sent out to combat. Currently though I can only replenish the kami groups with a 1 week delay which really does cripple the rate at which they can launch attacks.

Making pilots drawn from the general reserve available in kami squadrons without delay would solve this problem.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

Post #: 929
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/17/2011 6:11:04 PM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121
E.g. Historically many kamikaze pilots graduated basic training and went for some kamikaze-specific training. I model this in-game by drawing them into training groups I've converted to kamikaze groups. In these groups these pilots raise their Low Naval attack skill to 50 or 60 and then they are sent out to combat. Currently though I can only replenish the kami groups with a 1 week delay which really does cripple the rate at which they can launch attacks

I am not quite sure, if they historically get replacements mid-operation.
I would say, they had amount of planes, and pilots, and thats it. If it was used, back to training.

Maybe you should try setting those unit as training, so they will be able to accumulate more pilots (assuming, that training unit can become kamikaze unit)?

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI