Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

using torpedoes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> using torpedoes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using torpedoes - 6/10/2011 4:03:09 AM   
kanibal

In a practice game vs the ai in scenario 1, playing Japan, I moved the KB to PH and did 2 days of port strikes followed by a raid on the US west coast. All my B5N2 Kates have been set to use torpedoes throughout the entire series of strikes; However, the Shokaku never used so much as 1 torpedoe???

I have initiated so many sorties that the KB has no carrier with more than 60 sorties remaining. All Kates on all CVs have been set to use torps throughout every strike, yet the Shokaku still shows 45/45 remaining torp sorties and 651/48 normal sorties?

Any thoughts as to why?

Thank you,

Kanibal
Post #: 1
RE: using torpedoes - 6/10/2011 4:28:39 AM   
Shark7

One of the unseen variables, but it does seem that at least 1 of the carriers will keep its torpedoes...I've noticed this is well.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to kanibal)
Post #: 2
RE: using torpedoes - 6/15/2011 4:44:57 PM   
kanibal

Anyone else have any thoughts?

(in reply to kanibal)
Post #: 3
RE: using torpedoes - 6/15/2011 8:20:49 PM   
inqistor

I do not think, I have any CV mission, without, at least, some attacks on ships, so could not confirm this, but

if this is standard behavior, it could suggest, that calculation for randomizer is short by ONE. It could be glitch in game-code. If everyone see this all the time, put it into Tech Support.

(in reply to kanibal)
Post #: 4
RE: using torpedoes - 6/22/2011 9:00:26 AM   
Deca

I'd like to see this better answered whether or not this is representative of something broken (thereby needing further invesitagation & a possible save game to the tech support forum) or just a lack of understand of the underlying game mechanics.

"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 5
RE: using torpedoes - 6/22/2011 1:18:27 PM   
spence

According to the new book "Attack on Pearl Harbor:..." by A. Zimm there were exactly 100 modified torpedoes (for shallow water such as Pearl Harbor) at the time of the attack. Obviously that does not outfit all six of KB's CVs. The regular torpedoes could not be used in Pearl Harbor because they would dive into the harbor bottom when launched. The modified torpedoes were in fact a fairly recent innovation: the modification necessary did not even exist in the IJN inventory when the attack was planned.

IRL 40 B5Ns trained with and carried the modified torpedoes. The other B5N pilots did not train with them but rather trained either for high level bombing with 800 kg bombs or airfield attack with 250 kg bombs.

The present mechanism is a relatively simple way to simulate the armament and training limitations that the IJN faced. It may not be not restrictive enough in fact.

< Message edited by spence -- 6/22/2011 1:21:07 PM >

(in reply to kanibal)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> using torpedoes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI