Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/17/2011 7:18:52 PM   
Nemo121

Well, actually, a lot of kamikaze units seem to have been formed and then flown out en masse to replace the previous wave of pilots and planes in a unit after it had been committed. So we see planes and pilots arriving in large waves to frontline kamikaze units, not in dribs and drabs over the course of a week or more - that is, of course, so long as the replacement system worked. I'm sure it broke down at times in the end war period.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 931
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/17/2011 9:56:22 PM   
darbycmcd

Are you sure this won't lead to unrealistic operational tempo over time for each Kamikaze unit? You mention units replacing other units, but what you seem to be asking is for each unit to launch attacks more frequently. I just think this may be overstating the capacity of these individual units a bit, so caution is warrented here.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 932
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/18/2011 5:43:07 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Well, actually, a lot of kamikaze units seem to have been formed and then flown out en masse to replace the previous wave of pilots and planes in a unit after it had been committed. So we see planes and pilots arriving in large waves to frontline kamikaze units, not in dribs and drabs over the course of a week or more - that is, of course, so long as the replacement system worked. I'm sure it broke down at times in the end war period.

Nemo, can't you just overstack your air groups with "veteran" pilots? There isn't any limit on those ... you can cram 50 pilots into a 12 a/c group if you want. In your case, with planning, you should have no shortage ... just a thought ...

Pax

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 933
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/18/2011 3:48:04 PM   
Nemo121

PaxMondo,

Unless things have changed since m7 you can't overstack the groups with that many pilots. I am finding that for a 36 plane group I am able to put in about 39 pilots.... If it could work the way you say then there'd be no problem since you could just hugely overstack at the beginning of a month, operate for a month and then replenish at the start of the next month ( when the next wave of kamikaze trainees graduates ).If they've changed do let me know and I'll upgrade to m8 since that'd be a change worth having.

Darbymcd,
At present the current in-game model of bringing pilots who have completed their advanced training ( the pre-operational deployment training in kamikaze tactics carried out after their basic training was finished ) into kamikaze units doesn't meet the requirements of those units, requirements Japan was able to handle in real-life ( I point here towards the many thousands of kamikazes held in readiness for Kyushu ). There are workarounds of course but a very simple change ( allowing either unlimited numbers of pilots to be stored in kamikaze units OR removing the delay for pilots transferring to kamikaze units ) would solve the problem entirely.

Players wouldn't be able to abuse this since there would be no change to place replacement rates/repair. That would cap the number of sorties which could be flown within the month and prevent a single squadron flying unlimited sorties per month.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 6/18/2011 3:49:10 PM >

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 934
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 1:49:03 AM   
felix83

Hi Michel, thanks for this wounderful patch  you provide to us  I Constantly upgrading and love it.

Today I stumbled over the Bomb altitudes. Did I overread that the Dive Bomber altitudes have changed?! Just wondering
Before the patch I flew always at 15k both TB, DB and F with the message "bombs released at ..."
After the patches I was wondering about the bad Bomb accuracy and could not find the message above, so I changed to 14k and had the Message of "bombs released at ..." whereas at 15k it just said Naval Bomb at 15k.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 935
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 2:57:09 AM   
Numdydar

Game crashes to desktop every time after a sub attack on Japanese TF209 using 1108m8. Attached is the save.

After some more testing. Something is occuring after that that is causing the crash, not the attack itself. I changed the path of that TF and a different sub attack against a different TF occured and the game still crashed.

I hope you can salvage my save and send it back, otherwise the game looks to be lost.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Numdydar -- 6/19/2011 3:08:38 AM >

(in reply to felix83)
Post #: 936
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 3:19:52 AM   
michaelm75au

The PT boat in the TF 258 is out of endurance and is trying to refuel. This is causing a 'divide by zero' error. Not the sub attack per se.
Can counter that but not sure why it is a problem - surely ships have run out of fuel in the past while at sea.
Investigating.
The PT is being routed to UK for repairs !!!

Run the turn and have it crash.
Load the 002 save in H2H and go to the TF 258 (Allied PT TF near Aden entry point)
Change its destination to Karchi
Save game.
Reload this save as normal and continue playing.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 6/19/2011 3:38:15 AM >

Michael

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 937
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 5:46:59 AM   
Numdydar

I guess the crew really wanted some 'at home' time' lol. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 938
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 7:09:55 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

The PT boat in the TF 258 is out of endurance and is trying to refuel. This is causing a 'divide by zero' error. Not the sub attack per se.
Can counter that but not sure why it is a problem - surely ships have run out of fuel in the past while at sea.
Investigating.

Load the 002 save in H2H and go to the TF 258 (Allied PT TF near Aden entry point)
Save game.

Hmmmmm if the TF is on-map it should not be possible for it to be routed to the UK! The UK should only be accessible from some of the other off-map bases.

Andrew

Post #: 939
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/19/2011 9:40:47 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

quote:

Investigating.

Save game.

Hmmmmm if the TF is on-map it should not be possible for it to be routed to the UK! The UK should only be accessible from some of the other off-map bases.

Andrew

The TF home base was UK. The AI was trying to route to the home base.
It seemed to correct itself at the end of the turn.

Michael

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 940
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 10:28:18 AM   
michaelm75au

[1108m9]
Tweaked On mouse over land units, unit number is in [], and if too many to list, "plus xx more LCUs" will be added to display. Leave room for "Total" line [MEM]
Fixed Missing weapons on ship database ingame [MEM]
Tweaked Randomize unit detection affecting base DL [MEM]
Tweaked Turn on normal message delay at end of turn cycle (except for continous play) [MEM]
Tweaked Added more info on mouse over on groups in hex and land/naval list [DCB]
Fixed Stop TF endurance from going below 0 - caused CTD [MEM]
Fixed Low skill pilots could start with high individual skill [MEM]

< Message edited by michaelm -- 6/19/2011 10:31:48 AM >

Michael

Post #: 941
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 11:26:11 AM   
Sardaukar

"This is madness! no, this is michaelm!"

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 942
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 12:44:34 PM   
PaxMondo

Thanks Michael!!

Pax

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 943
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 12:48:10 PM   
BigDuke66

He should get his own Superhero Theme Song!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 944
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 12:49:04 PM   
RalfBHV

Great Work!!!

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 945
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/19/2011 12:54:09 PM   
PaxMondo

Michael,

"Fixed Low skill pilots could start with high individual skill [MEM]"

Confirm fixed.

Not sure that pilot replacement selection is now WAD. Sent you a save game via email to evaluate.

THANKS for the ongoing support!!!

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 6/19/2011 3:17:25 PM >

Pax

(in reply to RalfBHV)
Post #: 946
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m9 - 6/20/2011 1:23:03 AM   
DivePac88

Thank you again Michael for all your hard-work.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 947
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/20/2011 1:27:27 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

Andrew

I should have added - it should not be possible for an on-map TF to have a home base of the UK either. Again that should only be possible for TF's in other off-map bases (that have direct links to the UK base).

So it looks like there is still a bug lurking in the off map movement code.

The off map bases that are not directly linked to the main map, and for which it should be impossible to set either home base or destination for on-map TFs, are UK, Canada and US East Coast. Also, prior to May 1943, Aden does not have a direct link to any other off-map base, and so a TF at Aden should not be able to set its home base or destination to any other off map base, and vice versa (when the Med opens, those all become possible).

Andrew

Post #: 948
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/20/2011 5:25:01 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Andrew

I should have added - it should not be possible for an on-map TF to have a home base of the UK either. Again that should only be possible for TF's in other off-map bases (that have direct links to the UK base).

The off map bases that are not directly linked to the main map, and for which it should be impossible to set either home base or destination for on-map TFs, are UK, Canada and US East Coast. Also, prior to May 1943, Aden does not have a direct link to any other off-map base, and so a TF at Aden should not be able to set its home base or destination to any other off map base, and vice versa (when the Med opens, those all become possible).

Andrew

Except that Aden and Abadan are always reachable from each other, so I guess you mean "other than Abadan" when talking about Aden before the Med opens.

Post #: 949
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/20/2011 7:12:33 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
quote:

Andrew

Except that Aden and Abadan are always reachable from each other, so I guess you mean "other than Abadan" when talking about Aden before the Med opens.

Yes. Other than Abadan.

Thanks,
Andrew

< Message edited by Andrew Brown -- 6/20/2011 7:13:14 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 950
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/20/2011 4:58:27 PM   
gabeeg

michaelm,

I am a lurker in this particular forum. Just got the game a few months ago, but one of the reasons I pulled the trigger was because of the continued support you have been providing. I just wanted to add my thanks along with the others. I do hope at some point...maybe with the official patch release, that a manual update or errata is included. Seems the changes have gotten to the point that there are a lot of little things in the manual that are no longer exactly correct (though the basics are still there).

Post #: 951
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 7:30:37 AM   
Satansbraten

Testing the latest beta m9 I noticed something odd for ranks of air leaders:
I'm using scenario 6 (start = Dec 8) for comparision with the latest non-beta version.
Leader ranks seem to be "out-of-order" for some leaders (I guess this happens for named leaders only, those with * on the group screen).

Examples looked up while running the beta, when running the latest official patch their ranks are in the COL/LTC/MAJ "range" on all screens:
Some units in Manchuria:
1st Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = LGEN, leader rank on pilot roster = LGEN
2nd Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = LTC, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN
3rd Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = COL, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN
Example of a Takao-based recon unit:
4th Sentai Det A: Leader rank on group screen = MGEN, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN

Additionally some of the IJ Navy leaders in Takao also show differences between rank on group screen and rank on pilot roster, but not in the GEN range (or would it be ADM then?), but of course I didn't scan through all units...

Generally spoken, I'm sure I see the same deviations in listed ranks for *-pilots in the latest official version, especially in japanese navy units but not with such "extreme" ranks (e.g. some "flying"-leaders are CDR on group screen and LT on pilot roster).

My guess is this isn't a game breaker at all, but it looks very odd to have LGEN/MGEN as combat pilots

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 952
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 7:32:03 AM   
felix83

Hi michelm,
do you also observe that Air HQ are constantly disables some of its contents?
As one or two % disabled are normal, over the last 100 turns there seems to be a trend. Even the well suplied Air HQ in San Francisco (22 Mio. supply, maxed out) start to slowly degrade, now down to 91/100. All have normal leaders even in CONUS.
What makes we wonder is that other HQs doesnt seem to have this issue , as the West Coast Cmd for example has the usual 99/100 content.
I found it by chance in the tracker.
Is this WAD? Hope it helps.
It seemed to start after the update 1108m7a.

P.S. I would also thank you all for the ongoing support of this great game as I am mostly a lurker, mostly in read only mode.

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 953
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 1:57:20 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: felix83

Hi michelm,
As one or two % disabled are normal, over the last 100 turns there seems to be a trend. Even the well suplied Air HQ in San Francisco (22 Mio. supply, maxed out) start to slowly degrade, now down to 91/100. All have normal leaders even in CONUS.
What makes we wonder is that other HQs doesnt seem to have this issue , as the West Coast Cmd for example has the usual 99/100 content.

P.S. I would also thank you all for the ongoing support of this great game as I am mostly a lurker, mostly in read only mode.

There is no specific code to erode Air Hq support.
I have noticed in general support in HQs do tend to get disrupted from time to time. Never paid that much attention to it as it usually came good again.

Michael

(in reply to felix83)
Post #: 954
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 2:12:05 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Satansbraten

Testing the latest beta m9 I noticed something odd for ranks of air leaders:
I'm using scenario 6 (start = Dec 8) for comparision with the latest non-beta version.
Leader ranks seem to be "out-of-order" for some leaders (I guess this happens for named leaders only, those with * on the group screen).

Examples looked up while running the beta, when running the latest official patch their ranks are in the COL/LTC/MAJ "range" on all screens:
Some units in Manchuria:
1st Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = LGEN, leader rank on pilot roster = LGEN
2nd Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = LTC, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN
3rd Hikotai IMAF: Leader rank on group screen = COL, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN
Example of a Takao-based recon unit:
4th Sentai Det A: Leader rank on group screen = MGEN, leader rank on pilot roster = MGEN

Additionally some of the IJ Navy leaders in Takao also show differences between rank on group screen and rank on pilot roster, but not in the GEN range (or would it be ADM then?), but of course I didn't scan through all units...

Generally spoken, I'm sure I see the same deviations in listed ranks for *-pilots in the latest official version, especially in japanese navy units but not with such "extreme" ranks (e.g. some "flying"-leaders are CDR on group screen and LT on pilot roster).

My guess is this isn't a game breaker at all, but it looks very odd to have LGEN/MGEN as combat pilots

The max/min ranks for the different nationality/service don't have the same number of ranks between them; a base rank is calculated and then a random number added to it to get the new 'commanding' rank. Sometimes this would cause the extreme rank.
Pilots can get promoted and their rank increase. This should flow onto their leader rank if they are a leader. Although sometimes, a pilot and leader have same name but are not linked (ie not same virtual person).

Michael

(in reply to Satansbraten)
Post #: 955
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 2:57:56 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: felix83

Hi michelm,

There is no specific code to erode Air Hq support.
I have noticed in general support in HQs do tend to get disrupted from time to time. Never paid that much attention to it as it usually came good again.

If there is not enough AV at a base, then a random unit with AV support at the base can have its fatigue increased - working harder to maintain the aircraft.

Michael

Post #: 956
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/21/2011 4:41:44 PM   
felix83

That is the obeservation I had before, but in general not more than 5% of the TOE. What strikes me is that over the whole map only the AirHQs seem to affected, no LCU no other HQs. AirHQs seem to erode constantly, as neither AV support nor Malaria seems to be a problem across the board.
Don't get me wrong, I can live with it,  it's just an observation by chance, and thought it noteworthy to report (Thought it could be related to the AirHQ chnges, as it is a beta patch).  If it helps OK if not OK, too. If it's getting worse I post again.

Thanks

Felix

Post #: 957
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/22/2011 7:15:45 AM   
Numdydar

One think I have noticed for a while is that with automatic convoys, a lot of these ships are ending up disbanded in Tokyo versus going to Osaka. Will convoys form out of both Toyko and Osaka now or is this an issue?

(in reply to felix83)
Post #: 958
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/22/2011 7:32:14 AM   
Pascal_slith

Hi michaelm,

my PBEM oppent and I updated to m8, played two turns, then upgraded to m9. We had PDU OFF originally, but now in m9 even though PDU Off is indicated in the preferences settings after you load the turn, in the air unit display we found we do have a complete list of aircraft to potentially upgrade to as if PDU was On.

Do you need a copy of our latest turn to see this?

Best,

Pascal

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 959
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 6/22/2011 10:51:19 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Hi michaelm,

my PBEM oppent and I updated to m8, played two turns, then upgraded to m9. We had PDU OFF originally, but now in m9 even though PDU Off is indicated in the preferences settings after you load the turn, in the air unit display we found we do have a complete list of aircraft to potentially upgrade to as if PDU was On.

Do you need a copy of our latest turn to see this?

Best,

Pascal

Send me the save and which group to look at.

Michael

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI