Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game - 6/22/2011 7:30:53 PM   
Whydmer

I've been starting to tinker with the editor in order to learn enough to make a random game .at2 file for swords and cavalry level warfare that could be used to make either medieval or low magic fantasy matches. Ultimately I may even go so far as to make a full scenario on the same premise.

I want to make sure that I am travelling down the path of least resistance to start this. That said should I:

take either the generic or classic .at2 file and edit the SFT types and research areas to make what I want, and adapt supply rules if necessary. Or should I start with a brand new scenario file, or should I ask permission from one of those who have already made a LOTR or Ancient Rome Scenario to use their files and resources. I will most likely need to do that at some point as I am sure that I am not up to doing my own graphics for counters and images.

Any and all advice would be welcome on the above topics or related ones would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game - 6/22/2011 7:40:38 PM   
Grymme

Nice idea, AT certainly needs more mídeaval scenarios so it would be very welcome.

As far as the path of least resistance. I usually use the normal masterfile and work with the usuall SFTs and change/tweak them. Its much easier than making your own SFTs from scratch and you have the balancing work done for you by Vic.

The parts usually needed change is picture, sprite, text and then some tweaking. You can look for units that fulfill similar roles for example (heavy cavalry=tanks, Siege engines=Artillery, Magical creatures/dragons=Airplanes, Pikemen=Bazookas etc)

As one of those that have made both a couple of ancient rome scenarios and a LOTR scenario i can say for my part that you are welcome to use them or parts of them. But to be honest i think it wouldnt help as much as you would think as most of the things that you would probably like to do yourself and think are fun are the things that i have done for those scenarios.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to Whydmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game - 6/22/2011 8:32:26 PM   
Jafele

I love medieval world. It would be interesting some kind of adaptation of the Resource Mod (by Lancer).

< Message edited by Jafele -- 6/22/2011 8:33:56 PM >

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Plan to make a Mod for Medieval/Fantasy Random Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI