Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Current 1.4 Beta Blizzard

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Current 1.4 Beta Blizzard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Current 1.4 Beta Blizzard - 7/3/2011 11:01:58 PM   
pat.casey

Just finished doing a bit of a vs AI playtest with the 1.4 patch and I have to say I'm happy with what I saw.

For comparison's sake I took one of my old 1.3 savegames on December 4. I'd taken roughly the Lenningrad/Mosco/Rostov line and was in largely level 3 forts. Wehrmacht started the winter around 3.4 million effectives. Red army started around 4.2M.

Playing the winter through the 1.3 patch, I hit the spring muds with roughly 2.5M men in the Wehrmacht and the loss of Khrakov and Kursk (about 18 hexes in pushback in that area).

Playing the winter through the 1.4 patch, I hit spring muds with roughly 3.1 million effectives and no major city losses. Both my obviously overextended salients got spanked and I took serious losses there, but by fortified lines largely held and/or crumbled slowly enough that I could get reserves there in time to keep the situation under control.

Just one man's opinion here, but the 1.4 beta blizzard feels about "right" to me.

Where I was exposed and strung out in offensive lines I got spanked.
Where I was dug into decent fortifications I could hold, occasionally with difficulty.

All in all seems like a good patch to me.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Current 1.4 Beta Blizzard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI