Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/6/2010 9:10:29 AM   
Nibelung44

quote:

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

Oh wow that is a HUGE difference! Is that available only on the latest two titles? Or just the Revolution Under Siege?

I have not played RUS, but I assume that it is like ROP in that yes, the battle screen pops up, but then it disappears, but in the message box, you can bring up the battle results again and look at it for any length of time to see what happened.

well during a turn, there is the option to check 'pause on battle' also, to inspect the report at your leisure.

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 31
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 7/5/2011 4:13:55 PM   
Navodchik

I just got the game and this looks very interesting indeed. Being Finnish myself, I never could have imagined that one day I would see a strategy game which has even a scenario about our 1918 civil war...unbelievable! I've tried couple other AGEOD games, but in my opinion this one seems to be best. Very interesting historic era, and one that hasn't before seen in wargames.

OT: The map of Finland has some mistakes, I've noticed these:

Vuoski, should be VUOKSI
Kymjoki, should be KYMIJOKI
Yovesi, should be RUOVESI (I suppose)
Langelmavshi, should be LÄNGELMÄVESI
Kironjoki, should be KYRÖJOKI

The lake located south of city of Joensuu is definitely not 'Lake Orivesi', but this really doesn't matter...

< Message edited by Navodchik -- 7/5/2011 4:16:19 PM >

(in reply to Nibelung44)
Post #: 32
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 7/5/2011 5:29:07 PM   
JJKettunen

This game would be terrific if it was supported better. Official patch 1.03 screws up the weather (no seasonal weather changes!) and degenerates AI behaviour. Obviously it wasn't tested before release. From AGEOD forums you can see that the developers don't care.

< Message edited by Keke -- 7/5/2011 5:38:56 PM >

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Navodchik)
Post #: 33
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 7/5/2011 5:39:49 PM   
JJKettunen

Have to add that playing with version 1.02b is a lot of fun, and with upcoming Fatal Years Mod it should be even more so.

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 34
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 7/6/2011 2:57:54 PM   
Navodchik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keke

This game would be terrific if it was supported better. Official patch 1.03 screws up the weather (no seasonal weather changes!) and degenerates AI behaviour. Obviously it wasn't tested before release. From AGEOD forums you can see that the developers don't care.

I can see now what you mean and I totally agree. Updated my RUS yesterday to version 1.03, played Finnish civil war scenario couple of times through - it's always winter! Let's hope that they will solve these problems in the future... BTW, the other AGEOD title Pride of Nations seems to be a game with huge potential within it, but it is obvious that they released this one way too early - even after 1.02 patch game crashes and sometimes it will not even start!

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI