Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphical Glitch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Graphical Glitch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 1:41:47 PM   
Caltone

Just got the game a few days ago. Loving it so far, there is a lot to take in. The Forum has been great as usual with lots of great threads to help new players get oriented. 2By3 has hit another home run.

I am having what I think is a graphical glitch. I installed the game, ran the 1.03 patch and the 1.04.36 beta patch. The problem I seem to be having is that everything seems to turn red when I move my mouse. Also I cannot seem to get the rail display to work.

Playing the Leningrad scenario to learn the game. Here's a startup screen, everything looks OK.

Now I have set to show rail damage and nothing shows up, also the screen outside my ZOC has turned red

Lastly, once this behaviour starts, I can clear it up by deselecting everything and taking focus away from the game but as soon as I start moving my mouse around, I get the red screen again

This may be WAD or user error I guess though, I am concerned as I cannot seem to bring up the rail view. Has anyone seen anything like this? Is it something I have done with my settings? I have tried reinstalling the game.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson
Post #: 1
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 1:50:06 PM   
Caltone

Quick update, it seems to clear up briefly when I deselect units by going to the event log. Once I close that the map looks clean again and I can show rail values. As soon as I select one of my units though, the red comes back.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 2:36:05 PM   
pompack

The rail display will only appear if NO units are selected

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 3:00:24 PM   
Caltone

Thanks pompack, seems like the rail display is WAD. Is the red shading in the sea area normal as well? The color looks darker than the one that's used when I select to show enemy ZOC and only "pops" in when I move my mouse.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 3:37:30 PM   
pompack

turn the shading on and off (hotkey "e") and see how that looks.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 5
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 4:22:08 PM   
Caltone

I think the e key is just a toggle for the show enemy ZOC button? That looks fine when I have no unit's selected. It's when I have unit selected and then move my mouse, the rest of the map takes on the red shade seen below and below. Take a look at the ocean hexes. I can turn this off by tapping the e key a few times, was just wondering why the entire map seemed to take a red shade. Assuming I start from a clear position with a unit selected, this is what happens when I move my mouse.

For example, what does the color difference signify in the screenshot below between #1 and #2?

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 6
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 6:16:16 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caltone

For example, what does the color difference signify in the screenshot below between #1 and #2?

The light pink indicates a hex that the selected units can currently move into. The dark pink (red) indicates a hex that the selected units that the selected units cannot currently move into.

The area that the engine displays as moveable is sometimes a little quirky, depending on whether you have one, or multiple units selected in a hex. This is because it takes a worst-case scenario based on the morale and movement type (foot or motorized) as well as if any of the units are non-combat (depleted units, HQs, ABs). For example, if you deselect the infantry unit, then the panzers will then be shown to be able to move further.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 7
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 8:09:33 PM   
pompack

The e key is the friendly hex indicator. Leaving aside the impassible sea and out-of-play map area, the light green indicates really friendly hexes with low MP costs, the dark green indicates kinda friendly hexes that will be really friendly next turn with high MP costs OR friendly hexes you can't reach with the selected unit, the light pink indicates hexes you can reach with the unit selected, and the dried blood hexes are enemy hexes you can't reach this turn with the unit selected.

Note that if you do not have the e key option enabled, you only see the colors when a unit is selected. If you have the option enable, you see the colors even without a unit selected.

< Message edited by pompack -- 7/9/2011 8:14:15 PM >

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 8
RE: Graphical Glitch? - 7/9/2011 9:08:42 PM   
Caltone

Thanks for the replies guys, helps a lot!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Graphical Glitch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI