Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/9/2011 12:19:39 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm
Found a problem with groups in training. If mission is non-training, but a patrol level for training is set to 100, then it isn't counted as training.
Is a silly case, but it could easily happen.

So, you no longer need my save?

Actually I am pretty sure all those groups at screen were set to pure training 100%, so it can be actually caused by ANY 100% setting.

No, I don't think I need it.
Because of that error, there was a knock on affect which cause the 'stack' number to be modified rather than the number of planes in the group being tested.

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1051
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/9/2011 2:01:05 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

I like this new hard/soft setting.
Is this possible to add similar switch on ships transfer screen? To show remaining ammo in ships? Currently I have to click every ship separately, and check what is current ammo level, and I am frequently sending ships with spent torpedoes to rearming, but want to keep rest of ships at front.

Rather than mix up the ship transfer screen for TF, I am going to add the ammo level info to the mouse-over that shows the ships weapons.
All the data is there except the Ammo. So it will show the % ammo left in the ship,as shown:

Attachment (1)

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1052
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/9/2011 4:20:29 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Hello..Dunno if this is possible, but I have a major irk since day one.

When building a combat naval TF, I pay extra to be able to acquire my own TF commanders. (Willis Lee is my favorite BB CO), but once that TF comes back to port, I lose the commander of that TF and am left to re-purchasing my CO's all over again.

Is there a way to make this "loss" or swap optional?

Thank you.

This is also an issue in that whenever I form a new carrier TF and select "auto select" commander the AI almost aways will choose an unsuitable surface fleet commander for the TF rather than any number of skilled carrier commanders available-forcing me to spend valuable PPs on replacing the commander. This does not seem to be a problem when setting up a SCTF.

What I do (sometimes) is select a ship plus a DD. If I dont get a suitable commander for what I want, I make another. For example, if I want a decent CV commander and dont have a lot of PPs to play with, I will:

1) Select a carrier and 1 DD (say the Lex for example). If the commander isnt up to task, then

2) Select the Lex and a different DD (thus leaving the first DD in the other TF). If that commander isnt up to it, I repeat this procedure until I get one I want, then disband all the 1 DD TFs I made to get him.

-( waits for the chorus of "gamey" from the same old people )-

I dont see it as any more "gamey" than leaving a 1 DD TF with Halsey aboard. Like Halsey would set foot on a DD

Not really gamey but a good temporary fix. A lot of clicking but worth it. Thanks for the tip. I just made a small surface combat TF off Cls and DDs any checked the commander and it was Marc Mitchner!!!! I have yet to have him show up in a carrier TF.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to CV 2)
Post #: 1053
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/9/2011 8:08:07 PM   
Shark7

OK, this is not so much a bug as a typo, but its in the M7 version of the beta (what I am using) and not sure if you've caught or updated it yet.

I have a land unit upgrading...not big deal, but the message reads as follows: somes devices have been upgraded at XXX. (the bolded s is the problem)

Not a big deal, but something you might want to fix in a future beta patch (it may be that way in the official patch as well).

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1054
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 2:07:25 AM   
michaelm75au

I can't delete the old file from the first post, so it is attached here.

[1108p2]
>>>>Tweaked TF refuleing when a ship in TF is below 70% fuel, and limit refuel to ship(s) below 70% [MEM]

[1108p3]
Tweaked Seaplane support/supply for search and strike to behave similiarily [MEM]
Tweaked Added a "load tender" button to ship screen to complement use of seaplane supply [MEM]
Changed When ship with no air ordn left, CAP is limited and no search/asw can be performed [MEM]
Tweaked Inactive pilots (delay = 1) should be treated as if active for fatigue recovery [MEM]
Fixed Refueling ship from port didn't check for available ops points [MEM]
Changed Don't allow ships without free ops points at start of cycle from replenishing at sea [MEM]
Changed Re-enabled cloud drawing during order phase [MEM]
Removed DB diving attack on ships only - introduced at start of 1108 patches by me for some obscure reason [MEM]
Fixed Incorrect calculation for number of planes at base; earlier patch bug [MEM]
Tweaked Add ammo levels to the mouse over on the TF-ship transfer screen [MEM]
Fixed The earlier 70% fuel fix caused refueling if ship was under 70% fuel - were not able to top-off the TF [MEM]

Fixed the bug not allowing ships to launch planes. Silly mistake. Drop a test of a variable.
Fixed Error in calc of engines for airfield stacking; revealed by previous tweak [MEM]
Fixed Manage repair error for min conversions incorrect from 1108p2; not allowing change from Pierside [MEM]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 7/11/2011 1:06:14 PM >

Michael

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 1055
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 2:13:52 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

[1108p2]
>>>>Tweaked TF refuleing when a ship in TF is below 70% fuel, and limit refuel to ship(s) below 70% [MEM]

[1108p3]
Tweaked Seaplane support/supply for search and strike to behave similiarily [MEM]
Tweaked Added a "load tender" button to ship screen to complement use of seaplane supply [MEM]
Changed When ship with no air ordn left, CAP is limited and no search/asw can be performed [MEM]
Tweaked Inactive pilots (delay = 1) should be treated as if active for fatigue recovery [MEM]
Changed Don't allow ships without free ops points at start of cycle from replenishing at sea [MEM]
Removed DB diving attack on ships only - introduced at start of 1108 patches by me for some obscure reason [MEM]
Fixed Incorrect calculation for number of planes at base; earlier patch bug [MEM]
Fixed The earlier 70% fuel fix caused refueling if ship was under 70% fuel - were not able to top-off the TF [MEM]

Thanks for the awesome support Michael!!!

Pax

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1056
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 2:23:10 AM   
Rainer

+1

(and that's a BIG PLUS ONE)

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 1057
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 3:29:59 AM   
ny59giants

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 7/10/2011 3:30:38 AM >

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 1058
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 3:38:10 AM   
michaelm75au

I am probably going to let the betas slip for awhile, unless something major occurs.

I want to focus on updating some aspects of the manual to bring it inline with the patches.
This may initally just be an addendum pdf rather than an actual update of the game's pdf. The manual as such belongs to Matrix Games.

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1059
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 3:45:15 AM   
Rainer

quote:

I want to focus on updating some aspects of the manual to bring it inline with the patches.

Sounds too good to be believed.
This is incredible!
Cheers to you

PS: May you stay healthy and prosper (and that's a very selfish wish).

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

Post #: 1060
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 4:40:44 AM   
m10bob

Thank you michaelm for all the work on these upgrades..Lotta thought and consideration put into them..

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 1061
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 11:26:19 AM   
trojan58

Is there anyway to make crippled submarine TF's act as if they are Surface TF's. It seams silly that a sub with high flotation damage is still classed as submerged for air and surface combat. A sub with more than 50 floatation damage should be confined to surface running only and as such able to be attacked normally by A/C and Surface vessels. On a side issue is it possible to increase the lethality of mines against submarines. As most submarines hit mines whilst submerged the chances of survival should be 0 or less. In my current game I have had two opponents subs hit mines off the Philippines and still able to successfully return to port.

There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 1062
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 12:35:44 PM   
ram_971

When I start a new campaign with 1108p3 july 9, KB doesn’t launch any attack on Pearl Harbor, neither on ships nor airports.   If I start a new campaign with 1060i oct 26, it works ok.

(in reply to trojan58)
Post #: 1063
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 12:53:30 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: ram_971

When I start a new campaign with 1108p3 july 9, KB doesn’t launch any attack on Pearl Harbor, neither on ships nor airports.   If I start a new campaign with 1060i oct 26, it works ok.

It could be weather issue (planes cannot fly if weather is horrible..and weather is random in game unless Advanced Weather option is off), happens sometimes. Try to start new game and see if it works.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to ram_971)
Post #: 1064
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 12:54:42 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ram_971

You're correct. No air attacks seem to be getting launched from ships???
I'll check and update the EXE

Edit
Fixed the bug not allowing ships to launch planes. Silly mistake. Drop a test of a variable.
Sorry about that
Updated EXE in post 1055.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 7/10/2011 1:51:06 PM >

Michael

(in reply to ram_971)
Post #: 1065
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 1:48:54 PM   
Omat

Hello

I am not sure if this is a display bug:

Using: Build 1108p2

When I go the "List all active ships" menu. When You click the buttom "ship due upgrade" it shows all ships which are

a.) upgradable and
b.) when the ship is set on allow upgrade to "YES"

If I rember correctly in previous Versions it was irrelevant if a ship was allowed to upgrade or not (setting is set to "Yes" or "No"). All ships where Displayed which are upgradable.

With this Save you can test it. In Pear Habour are some destroyers which are upgradable (1/42) When you set them to allow upgrade (Yes) thy will be shown in the "List all active ships" menu when you click "ship due upgrade" and a ship will be not displayed when you set the upgrade buttom for that particular ship to "No".

Omat

Attachment (1)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Post #: 1066
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 2:06:09 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

I am not sure if this is a display bug:

Using: Build 1108p2

When I go the "List all active ships" menu. When You click the buttom "ship due upgrade" it shows all ships which are

a.) upgradable and
b.) when the ship is set on allow upgrade to "YES"

If I rember correctly in previous Versions it was irrelevant if a ship was allowed to upgrade or not (setting is set to "Yes" or "No"). All ships where Displayed which are upgradable.

With this Save you can test it. In Pear Habour are some destroyers which are upgradable (1/42) When you set them to allow upgrade (Yes) thy will be shown in the "List all active ships" menu when you click "ship due upgrade" and a ship will be not displayed when you set the upgrade buttom for that particular ship to "No".

Omat

It was changed (a couple of betas back) so that the top filter 'Allowed/Not allowed' just shows those with 'Yes' or 'No' respectively. Clicking the filter will show all ships eventually.
Just showing ALL ships due to upgrade didn't tell you which ones were set to upgrade. You still needed to look at each ship to see the setting.
The filter had been added to eliminate this extra step. Which it does now.

Michael

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 1067
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 3:20:47 PM   
ram_971

Now it is working ok. Thank you for your super quick help.

Post #: 1068
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/10/2011 5:07:51 PM   
inqistor

quote:

Rather than mix up the ship transfer screen for TF, I am going to add the ammo level info to the mouse-over that shows the ships weapons.
All the data is there except the Ammo. So it will show the % ammo left in the ship,as shown:

THANKS!
That is great!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Just load the latest beta, most changes I've found or worked out but not search arcs. Could someone explain it please. e.g.clockwise, colours, arcs etc.

In the "manuals" folder you will find Interface addendum.pdf. It describes search arcs (not, that anyone would guess by file name ).

But I think ONE simple rule there is missing:
When you set search arcs manually on map, LMB will set beginning of your arc, and RMB will set end of your arc.

Post #: 1069
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 8:33:24 PM   
witpqs

quote:

[1108p2]

[1108p3]

Using the updated version of p3, the calculation of "aircraft stacking level" at a base is way off. See Umnak Island in the attached save game. It even looks like single-engine fighters are counting as x4 aircraft (try standing down everything except the fighters).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1070
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/10/2011 8:49:19 PM   
Rainer

Confirmed (same save - once loaded with 1108p2, then with 1108p3)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rainer -- 7/10/2011 9:07:23 PM >

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1071
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 10:58:18 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

THANKS!
That is great!

quote:

Just load the latest beta, most changes I've found or worked out but not search arcs. Could someone explain it please. e.g.clockwise, colours, arcs etc.

In the "manuals" folder you will find Interface addendum.pdf. It describes search arcs (not, that anyone would guess by file name ).

But I think ONE simple rule there is missing:
When you set search arcs manually on map, LMB will set beginning of your arc, and RMB will set end of your arc.

All that is the case with the latest official patch but the Beta seems to have change how the arcs are shown. I could set say patrol 50 for ten a/c and get green 5 green arcs now I do not. I get some black, some green very few blue plus less arcs.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1072
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 July 10 - 7/11/2011 11:00:13 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

[1108p2]

[1108p3]

Using the updated version of p3, the calculation of "aircraft stacking level" at a base is way off. See Umnak Island in the attached save game. It even looks like single-engine fighters are counting as x4 aircraft (try standing down everything except the fighters).

Got the same problem. I don'r know if its just a reporting problem or if it affects the strikes so reverting back as most of my airfields are now reported as being over stacked.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1073
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 11:02:18 AM   
michaelm75au

Fixed Error in calc of engines for airfield stacking; revealed by previous tweak [MEM]

Post 1055 updated (1108p3b)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 7/11/2011 12:00:54 PM >

Michael

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1074
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 11:10:48 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

All that is the case with the latest official patch but the Beta seems to have change how the arcs are shown. I could set say patrol 50 for ten a/c and get green 5 green arcs now I do not. I get some black, some green very few blue plus less arcs.

Was intoduced at start of patch 6 (beta):
In addtion to the blue and green for search arcs AM and PM respectively,
sectors sharing AM/PM search show as Black (Naval) or White (ASW).

Michael

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1075
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 12:04:31 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

Was intoduced at start of patch 6 (beta):
In addtion to the blue and green for search arcs AM and PM respectively,
sectors sharing AM/PM search show as Black (Naval) or White (ASW).

Thanks

Post #: 1076
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 12:10:49 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

I'm getting an unspecified error when I extract the exe.

Post #: 1077
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 12:13:00 PM   
m10bob

Since latest patch, the clouds are now staying visible during my planning stages, hard to see some of the bases now.

Just landed some ships at a small island in a damaged condition and when I set them for repairs, it cycled from "Readiness" to "Pier Side", and normally it would flip back to "Readiness" if there were no other options.
Now, it went to "Pier Side" and gave no further option, nor would it release back to "Readiness" till after I clicked maybe 6 times??

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1078
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 12:16:10 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

I'm getting an unspecified error when I extract the exe.

Must have been a bad upload. Let me rebuild and upload again. The build was fine when I tested before uploading.

Michael

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1079
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 7/11/2011 12:27:59 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Since latest patch, the clouds are now staying visible during my planning stages, hard to see some of the bases now.

Just landed some ships at a small island in a damaged condition and when I set them for repairs, it cycled from "Readiness" to "Pier Side", and normally it would flip back to "Readiness" if there were no other options.
Now, it went to "Pier Side" and gave no further option, nor would it release back to "Readiness" till after I clicked maybe 6 times??

Just press F7 to turn off the clouds during order giving.
Some people prefer to see where the bad weather is. I personally just turn if off before giving orders, toggling it to see if my TFs might suffer from good cloud cover.

With the repairs, it that in the 'Manage repairs' or in the ship screen?
My code shows that the 'Manage repairs' uses the left/right click to move thru the options in either direction.

It is the code I put in for the 'refitting' checks? It is tripping up if NO conversion sometimes. Will
fix before uploading again as the current upload file seems to be corrupt.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 7/11/2011 12:40:55 PM >

Michael

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI