Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Prestige points in campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Prestige points in campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Prestige points in campaigns - 7/13/2011 2:07:49 PM   
Mannock

I'm trying to create different scenarios to complement the grand campaign. Currently I am working on a re-make of the Sevastopol scenario from the original Panzer General.

Though I am wondering what a resonable amount of prestige point is when capturing a city?

Since the scenario is supposed to be part of the campaign it is important to not unbalance the game by handing out to much or to few prestige points.

Always from below, seldom on the same level and never from above. - Mannock revised.
Post #: 1
RE: Prestige points in campaigns - 7/13/2011 3:55:18 PM   
Rudankort

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mannock

I'm trying to create different scenarios to complement the grand campaign. Currently I am working on a re-make of the Sevastopol scenario from the original Panzer General.

Though I am wondering what a resonable amount of prestige point is when capturing a city?

Since the scenario is supposed to be part of the campaign it is important to not unbalance the game by handing out to much or to few prestige points.

Amount of prestige you get is 50 for normal flag and 100 for objective. I guess, your concern is that a city like PG Sevastopol has a lot of flags and so capturing them will give a lot of prestige. In that case, just do not place flags in all city hexes, but only in some of them. Hexes with no flags in them cannot be captured and so no prestige will be given for them. You can check out Urban Warfare map to see how this is done there.

(in reply to Mannock)
Post #: 2
RE: Prestige points in campaigns - 7/13/2011 4:54:03 PM   
Mannock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudankort

Amount of prestige you get is 50 for normal flag and 100 for objective. I guess, your concern is that a city like PG Sevastopol has a lot of flags and so capturing them will give a lot of prestige. In that case, just do not place flags in all city hexes, but only in some of them. Hexes with no flags in them cannot be captured and so no prestige will be given for them. You can check out Urban Warfare map to see how this is done there.

Yeah, that's what I meant, Sevastopol having many city hexes. Though I did think I was able to set the amount of prestige for any objective (for example setting a lot of city hexes (or rather their flags) to 10 prestige points).

But your suggestion of putting flags on only some of the city hexes resolves the problem. Thanks for the help!

Always from below, seldom on the same level and never from above. - Mannock revised.

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Prestige points in campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI