Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Price?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Price? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Price? - 7/12/2011 4:55:52 AM   
33Vyper

Hello,

Here I was all excited to come and buy this today and I noted that the Canadian $ price is more expensive than the US Dollar price.

Since the Canadian Dollar is worth more....why would it cost me more to buy from Canada than the US? I thought perhaps my exchange rate might be in error so I went to the Bank of Canada website and check for the last few months and it has not been below the US dollar in months and months. I realize its only a few pennies more but your price is 2$ more...and it should at the very least be the same price.

So my question is quite simple....why do I have to pay more? As someone who has purchased Matrix games over the years and been quite satisfied with both the products and the service...I know that these games are worth every penny. WITP was the best 100$ I ever spent . But my canuck buck is worth a few sheckles more..

Post #: 1
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 5:53:52 AM   
goodwoodrw

Sometimes principle is important, most of my gaming life I have been paying a steep price for computer games due to the exchange rate, the Australian dollars is now, and for the past few months at its best rate. Still Matrix is charging us Downunders parity, as 33Vyper suggests it is only a few bucks, on the other hand when the Oz buck was a few % the other side of parity we downunder people had to pay those few extra bucks then. Come on Matrix fair is fair, other distributors are using the right rate why aren't you.

A PG fan from its inception and I would like to purchase this game, but on principle I won't. The 20 other Matrix games I have bought were charged at the going rate why not this one?
Ron Watterson

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to 33Vyper)
Post #: 2
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 8:08:53 AM   
IainMcNeil

It is purely a currency conversion so there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. We do not set the price for Canada - its the $ price converted.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 3
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 8:11:27 AM   
goodwoodrw

OZ not Canada, the store clearly states 39.96 Aus dollars the same as the US store.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 9:09:22 AM   
IainMcNeil

The original poster was talking $CAN, but the logic is the same. Its a currency conversion. We do not specify the price is $AUS either. If you really think its wrong we can take it up with Plimus.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 5
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 9:39:18 AM   
goodwoodrw

This is pretty clear to me in this screen shot $AUD39.95

Attachment (1)

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 10:41:05 AM   
PirateJock

At the current exchange rate ...

39.99 USD = 37.7410 AUD
39.99 USD = 38.8738 CAD

Cheers

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 7
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 11:00:46 AM   
jomni

When I purchsed my game in SGD via Paypal.
The USD equivalent worked out by Paypal ($40.53) is also more than the quoted USD price.

< Message edited by jomni -- 7/12/2011 11:04:28 AM >

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 8
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 11:17:04 AM   
IainMcNeil

We'll have a look.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 9
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 12:42:41 PM   
mbar

It's humorous when I sometimes see the store prices in, I think, rubbles?  RUB
Hey! I'm not paying 1203.99 for Across the Dnepr. I don't care how good it is. 

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mbar -- 7/12/2011 12:46:47 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 1:33:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's a direct currency conversion, which is done based on daily conversion rates and cached on our store server. The intention is to have a direct conversion. The price on the page in the screenshot is the cached price. Once you hit the button to actually purchase, the uncached price should show up in the cart. What does that look like to those of you seeing either the wrong currency or a conversion that's off by a small amount?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 11
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 1:53:36 PM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There's a direct currency conversion, which is done based on daily conversion rates and cached on our store server. The intention is to have a direct conversion. The price on the page in the screenshot is the cached price. Once you hit the button to actually purchase, the uncached price should show up in the cart. What does that look like to those of you seeing either the wrong currency or a conversion that's off by a small amount?

Regards,

- Erik

Well Erik the organisation handling your business transaction must have different a calculator than me, because the price is actually higher than the US price. This may sound a little trivial, but I find it highly offensive, and not likely to buy this product on principle.
ron watterson

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 1:57:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi BASB,

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB
Well Erik the organisation handling your business transaction must have different a calculator than me, because the price is actually higher than the US price. This may sound a little trivial, but I find it highly offensive, and not likely to buy this product on principle.

Can you please tell me if the price remains higher once you add the game to your cart? That would be very valuable to know. I can't test the Australian price here as I can't see it without an Australian IP address.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 13
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 2:18:30 PM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi BASB,

quote:

Can you please tell me if the price remains higher once you add the game to your cart? That would be very valuable to know. I can't test the Australian price here as I can't see it without an Australian IP address.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, here is a screen shot of the confirmation screen
Ron

Attachment (1)

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 14
RE: Price? - 7/12/2011 11:37:36 PM   
jomni

There's really a problem here.  Is Plimus "padding" the price just because of currency enchange rate conversion?
When I buy (though PayPal) I am still charged USD but it is higher than $39.99 since it converted from the inflated SGD.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 15
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 12:02:08 AM   
JP Falcon the 2nd

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

When I purchsed my game in SGD via Paypal.
The USD equivalent worked out by Paypal ($40.53) is also more than the quoted USD price.

Since Paypal is owned by EBAY, I'm not surprised by this.....

A Rebirth Due to lost Password and deleted email addy!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 16
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 6:51:26 AM   
e_barkmann

I've mentioned this some time ago (in terms of the rising value of the AUD) but got howled down as a whiner from downunder (not by Matrix staff though).

Although not intended, it *is* offensive to discover you're paying a premium for an online transaction when by a direct currency comparison you shouln't be, even if it's only a couple of dollars.

Cheers chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to JP Falcon the 2nd)
Post #: 17
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 7:47:46 AM   
goodwoodrw

Chris,
I'm glad u see my point, the couple dollars don't roll the other way when its on the other side, sort of like having your cake twice, not good PR. I think I got burnt with ATG I didn't whinge then, but is twice is to much. I want this game, but not buying until the pricing is fixed, call me dumb, but you're sit on principle some where
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 18
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 8:21:50 AM   
PirateJock

Have you had a look at the price at Slitherine? They are linked to Matrix but it was £3 cheaper. That was down to the exchange rate factor as I'm in the UK, may help you in Oz ... may not ... who knows

Cheers

< Message edited by PirateJock -- 7/13/2011 8:23:31 AM >

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 19
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 9:40:57 AM   
IainMcNeil

The Slitherine pricing is slightly different - the site is not fully integrated with Plimus so cannot do the currency conversions and we have to specify prices in the 3 major currencies. We are investigating with Plimus why the prices mentioned here do not match up with what we would expect.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 20
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 9:49:43 AM   
goodwoodrw

Pirate jock, I've just checked the Slitherine site their price is around $AUD40.49 or so marginally cheaper than the Matrix price yesterday,checking several online sources for the current exchange rate the $AUD is still above parity. perhaps I need to go back to school and do a refresher on my maths skills. Incidentally I have recently purchased a game for Paradox there exchange rate was somewhat more favourable. Yes the purchase price was quoted in Euros and $US

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 21
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 4:18:01 PM   
goodwoodrw

I am seeing things or has the AUD $ crashed 14 cents in the past 2 days?

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 22
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 5:25:05 PM   
Moltke71

quote:

I am seeing things or has the AUD $ crashed 14 cents in the past 2 days?

Yeah, when Rupert gets hit, OZ cringes.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 23
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 5:42:53 PM   
Lord Zimoa

It is a tax penalty to all Down-Under residents as you once created "Neighbours"! LOL

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 7/13/2011 5:43:59 PM >

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 24
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 8:32:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Ok, after a few conversations with the store, we have it all figured out.

Basically, there are three components to converting the USD price to other currencies.

1. Direct conversion using daily exchange rate
2. Currency exchange fee added
3. Price rounded to .99

#2 is the key culprit as to why the AUD price, for example, was showing up about $2 more than expected. This is a pass-through fee which our store is charged by the banks to exchange the currency back to USD. You can also purchase from our store in USD, but then you would be charged a similar currency conversion fee by your bank, so you really can't escape this one, short of showing up at our office and paying cash.

#3 is a minor additional part of this. We've always rounded our prices to .99 as a business practice. Typically that's responsible for a very small amount of the difference from the exchange rate, but it does contribute. The vast majority of the difference is the conversion fee.

That's basically it. So we are using the real daily currency exchange rates, but the additional currency conversion fee and the rounding end up adding a couple of dollars to the total price.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 25
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 11:38:02 PM   
goodwoodrw

The rounding up or down seems fine if applied both ways, however this bank fee thingy is a double dip I think, I may be wrong, this fee is charged to the card holder. I have never been charge this fee by a merchant in all my days of purchasing over the net, this appears to be a Pilmus add on for profit. My most recent purchase of a game was PON at GG the going price was $US20 to rate 1.06 Credit card debit was 18.85 plus .47 International exchange charge. Charged by my bank not the merchant. It appears Pimlus uses calculations to other online merchants. This issue is not about money, but the principle of the issue.

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 26
RE: Price? - 7/13/2011 11:50:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

The rounding up or down seems fine if applied both ways, however this bank fee thingy is a double dip I think, I may be wrong, this fee is charged to the card holder. I have never been charge this fee by a merchant in all my days of purchasing over the net, this appears to be a Pilmus add on for profit. My most recent purchase of a game was PON at GG the going price was $US20 to rate 1.06 Credit card debit was 18.85 plus .47 International exchange charge. Charged by my bank not the merchant. It appears Pimlus uses calculations to other online merchants. This issue is not about money, but the principle of the issue.

According to Plimus, this is a pass through cost. By doing this, you are actually charged in AUD and thus there should be no extra charge by your card, your bank or anyone.

Have you seen an extra charge when purchasing through our store in AUD?

With that said, you can still change the currency to USD in our store and pay the USD price allowing your card or bank to take care of the conversion fee if you prefer.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 27
RE: Price? - 7/14/2011 1:11:06 AM   
mariandavid

This is a little disturbing - and surprising as never came across it with any of my (far too many as far as wife is concerned) Matrix purchases. Right now the Matrix CAD price is 41.99 which convertes to 43.91 US$ in conversion!. And just to ensure that this is not the usual 'made' a purchase using PayPal to check process -which converted to 42.55$C and that AFTER the Paypal charge.

Hate this kind of thing - stops me from buying what is obviously a magnificent game - I suppose out of infantile petulance!

Post #: 28
RE: Price? - 7/14/2011 2:04:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: mariandavid
This is a little disturbing - and surprising as never came across it with any of my (far too many as far as wife is concerned) Matrix purchases. Right now the Matrix CAD price is 41.99 which convertes to 43.91 US$ in conversion!. And just to ensure that this is not the usual 'made' a purchase using PayPal to check process -which converted to 42.55$C and that AFTER the Paypal charge.

Hate this kind of thing - stops me from buying what is obviously a magnificent game - I suppose out of infantile petulance!

Knowing that this is a pass through currency conversion cost and that you can order in USD and have your bank charge you that fee instead, I'm not sure why it would stop you at this point? Unfortunately, there is no way to exchange currencies and do commerce globally without paying these fees.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mariandavid)
Post #: 29
RE: Price? - 7/14/2011 2:32:18 AM   
Toby42

When I was buying prescription drugs through a Canadian company, I was charged a currency exchange fee. Nothing new here! I would expect the same thing with a game purcase....

Tony

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Price? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI