Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Shameful Library

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Shameful Library Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Shameful Library - 7/15/2011 10:02:49 PM   
papajack

Just want say , this game is meant to be simple and fun to play which currently I am playing almost non stop both single and multiplayer

and please do not make any adjustment that will take the FUN away

If you guys want a high detailed historical/complex there are many out there   

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 31
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 1:06:21 AM   
mgarnett

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the tutorial text tell you that you just need to put the pioneers on a river hex? It all seemed pretty clear to me, but im going from memory so I could be wrong.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 32
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 1:11:49 AM   
JudgeDredd

I have to say - it kind of confused me if I'm honest. The tutorial text did tell you what to do from what I recall - but (also from what I recall) it didn't quite work how I expected it to...in fact I found them pretty useless in the scenario

Perhaps it was something like (and I'm trying to remember) that you couldn't move them ON to a water hex - the same as other units - but had to move them TO the water hex - then the next turn move them ON to the water hex - and then they were useful...maybe I expected to move them ON to a water hex right away...now THAT would be the bonus to having such a unit...but I do think you had to move them TO the water hex...then the next turn move them ON the water hex.

It all seemed kind of pointles to me as I could just move my units next to the water hex on one turn and then move them across the next turn...there didn't seem an incredible need for the unit...there was no significant and immediate advantage - from what I recall

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 33
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 1:12:42 AM   
mgarnett

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hankston

Really ticked off at such a cheap library,plus in tute 3 you do not explain what to do with that bridge making unit and no talk of it in library.Sad , as you guys say you want new wargamers to play

Hi Hankston,

Generally, the tone of a response if proportional to the tone of a question or comment. From what I can tell, these Devs are only too happy to take criticism and suggestions on board. I am no Grog but if you need help, I'm happy to try to lend a hand. Remember you catch more flies with honey than you do with s%*t.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to Hankston)
Post #: 34
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 1:16:05 AM   
mgarnett

I think it might come down to movement points. If you have enough to get on the river in one turn or only enough to get beside it and then on it the turn after. Like you, my memory is hazy, but I do remember using them.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 35
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 1:24:05 AM   
Toby42

He (The Op) was just calling their kid "UGLY"!!!

Tony

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 36
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 3:15:59 AM   
Filthy Pierre

I said earlier that an expanded library would be good, but I realised that I misspoke. I wonder how many other people are too.

I don't really need a library. If I am really curious about how much crew or top speeds I can google it.

What I need is a glossary of units. Just a place where I can look up the relavent game stats all of the units in the game. I don't need pretty pictures or historical text. I remember Pacific General had a decent one.

I think a glossary of units would be much more helpful than a library and would not take near as much time or resources to create.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 37
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 4:26:27 AM   
rich12545

I think the library is cool and well done.

(in reply to Filthy Pierre)
Post #: 38
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 9:40:45 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgarnett

I think it might come down to movement points. If you have enough to get on the river in one turn or only enough to get beside it and then on it the turn after. Like you, my memory is hazy, but I do remember using them.

Actually it works like this:

First turn: The Brückenpioniere is moved to a hex adjacent to the river hex. Then its turn ends.
Second turn: The Brückenpioniere moves onto the river hex. Then its turn ends. Other units can move across the bridge
Third turn: After all the other units are moved across the bridge, the Brückenpioniere moves.

As you can it is a long process. It worked the same way in Panzer General and Panzer General II.

< Message edited by Greybriar -- 7/17/2011 6:54:19 AM >

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 39
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 9:44:27 AM   
Rudankort

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar
Actually it works like this:

First turn: The Brückenpioniere is moved to a hex adjacent to the river hex. Then its turn ends.
Second turn: The Brückenpioniere moves onto the river hex. Then its turn ends.
Third turn: After all the other units are moved across the bridge, the Brückenpioniere moves.

As you can it is a long process. It worked the same way in Panzer General and Panzer General II.

Just a small correction: other units are able to cross the river already on the second turn, as soon as the bridging unit is positioned on the river.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 40
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 6:12:12 PM   
dudalb_slith

The OP comes off more then a little whiny, but he has a point that how to use the Bridge Engineers is not explained in the either the manual or the tutorial and it is not really intuively clear.
Great game, but they could have included more in the documentation,and IMHO the Manual is a little sparse. I don't quite buy the "Big Manuals intimdate new comers" argument.

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 41
RE: Shameful Library - 7/16/2011 10:17:29 PM   
Hex

quote:

Really ticked off at such a cheap library

Weak in what sense? The library is just one of the things that drew me to this game.

(in reply to Hankston)
Post #: 42
RE: Shameful Library - 7/17/2011 6:27:50 AM   
Dragoon.

I love to browse for while in the library reading about different tanks too bad it's so basic.
There is a game out there called World of Tanks. While I find the game bad it has an rather impressive wiki filled with many  information about even the wildest tank prototypes.
Something like that would be nice for PCorps.
But having something so comprehensive I think would beyond the scope of the game. To research all the information and then to translate it to who know how many languages.
Reference

As an example the page about the Tiger tank
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/PzKpfw_VI_Tiger

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 43
RE: Shameful Library - 7/17/2011 6:41:33 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudankort

Just a small correction: other units are able to cross the river already on the second turn, as soon as the bridging unit is positioned on the river.

You are quite right. I should not have implied that other units could not cross the bridge until a later turn. Sorry about that.

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 44
RE: Shameful Library - 7/18/2011 2:13:26 AM   
Obsolete

You know, this reminds me in my generation you not only had to buy the game, but then had to buy 1 to 3 different books in addition that told you how to play (and win)the game.

The internet seems to have changed a lot of that though :P

Now I just realized the biggest reason as to why Adventure games have come to a crash. The real money was in selling the hint books so you knew that clicking on pixel 1099x29 and then hitting the space bar 2 times repeatedly when the main castle torch went out... would eventually summon the weirding wizzard to give you the needed tool to then go and unlock something...

Buy book #2 to find out what it was you had to unlock and how to do it though...

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 45
RE: Shameful Library - 7/18/2011 10:09:56 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

You know, this reminds me in my generation you not only had to buy the game, but then had to buy 1 to 3 different books in addition that told you how to play (and win)the game....

I refused to buy a Clue Book or a Strategy Guide until I bought Eye of the Beholder. Then a game feature had me so baffled that I broke down and bought an Eye of the Beholder Clue Book. Stupid teleporters!

Panzer Corps, on the other hand, is so easy to learn and play that no one should need to buy a Clue Book, Strategy Guide, or resort to any Walkthroughs or Cheats in order to play the game and have fun while doing so.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 46
RE: Shameful Library - 7/18/2011 10:39:32 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

quote:

Really ticked off at such a cheap library

Weak in what sense? The library is just one of the things that drew me to this game.

I bought the game becuase of the library. It looked like an Osprey illustraiton book but disappointed about the lack of content. For a game that claims to have 400 unit types, the library only has a handful of illustration and historical info and they are are just for tanks. I'm not looking for tips and tricks. I'm looking for more pretty drawings and narratives. :)

< Message edited by jomni -- 7/18/2011 10:40:12 AM >

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 47
RE: Shameful Library - 7/18/2011 2:04:16 PM   
Obsolete

quote:

I refused to buy a Clue Book or a Strategy Guide until I bought Eye of the Beholder.

OMG I remember that one!  Memories!!!!!

Love the old nostalgic SSI cover-art...

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 48
RE: Shameful Library - 7/18/2011 5:47:44 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete
OMG I remember that one!  Memories!!!!!

Love the old nostalgic SSI cover-art...

Yes, indeed.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Shameful Library Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI