Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ETA on expac?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: ETA on expac? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 7:24:17 AM   
J HG T

Hey! Easy guys! Some of us have real world beard and look after it carefully. *Waves hand*

Still, that was kinda funny.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 61
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 7:33:07 AM   
MaxyGamer

Personally, i found it quite disturbing ..... very.

I mean I've got a goatee so nothing against some facial hair. Just on this machine guy ... it looks.... disturb..i..ng...

I propose to change the topic in order to properly address this beard/moustache issue.

By the way, does anyone shave their armpits? (Ladies don't have to answer this one).

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 62
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 8:11:37 AM   
Data

Same here...we discover lots oh hair, and not all of it made by Igard the hair designer

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 63
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 12:26:35 PM   
J HG T

TBH, we go off-topic helluva lot nowadays. Guess it's acceptable if we keep things somewhat civil.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 64
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 12:39:46 PM   
MaxyGamer

I think to go off topic is alright as long as it isn't for too long. One or two posts to 'ease the atmosphere' and keep it friendly is okay I think as long as we get back on track about the main subject. It is funny though how some guys just prefer to use the forum as a means to vent their frustration and trying to start pointless arguements... Actually, this forum is the most friendly one I've ever seen. There is one thing that the forum lacks is an off topic sub-forum.

One must also note that 'beard' issue must get its own separate thread.... this is way too serious.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 65
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 12:57:29 PM   
Data

That thread should be as sticky as the beard itself.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to MaxyGamer)
Post #: 66
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 2:30:35 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

Hey! Easy guys! Some of us have real world beard and look after it carefully. *Waves hand*

Still, that was kinda funny.

I wonder just how many of us do have beards? I too have a goatee, and I trim it at least twice a week to keep it looking neat.

Basically the only reason I do have it is because my chin gets very irritated when I do shave, so I try to avoid it and have done so for about 20 years now.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 67
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 2:37:46 PM   
Data

So that makes three of us so far. I keep mine to tickle my wife 

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 68
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 3:03:18 PM   
Igard

Only a bit of stubble here, that I shave off every few days when it gets too itchy. Did try to grow a beard a couple of years ago, but gave up after a couple of weeks.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 69
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 5:29:45 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

TBH, we go off-topic helluva lot nowadays. Guess it's acceptable if we keep things somewhat civil.

It's trolling - civil or not. You're a self-confessed troll. Thank you for eliminating any doubt.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 70
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 8:34:10 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

Why not discuss baseball? Heck, this seems to be pretty damned exciting, and as relevant to the thread as anything you've posted.

Civil, so it's all good, right?

< Message edited by Kayoz -- 7/15/2011 8:35:12 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 71
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/15/2011 9:22:56 PM   
Data

Wrong.....can you guess why?
If not, I'll help you with a hint

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 72
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 12:41:03 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaxyGamer
By the way, does anyone shave their armpits? (Ladies don't have to answer this one).

Do we even have any gals on this particular forum...? Apart from the one's IGard keeps in the cargo bay, I mean.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to MaxyGamer)
Post #: 73
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 3:21:29 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

Wrong.....can you guess why?
If not, I'll help you with a hint

Please do - you've discussed popcorn, slave-girls and now the beard on your avatar.

Please explain to me how discussing little league baseball isn't OK, but what you've done is. By your statement, you're implying that you're not trolling - despite JHGT openly admitting that his posts are "trolling"?

I await the shower of wisdom from your keyboard with bated breath.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 74
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 8:50:55 PM   
Data

How many of us went OT on your suggestion? And you can consider only those of us which you, somehow, managed not to offend yet. You can start victimising yourself now.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 75
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 9:03:34 PM   
Data

You're right, TJ, but I'd expect MaxyGamer's girlfriend here anytime now

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 76
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 10:54:53 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

How many of us went OT on your suggestion? And you can consider only those of us which you, somehow, managed not to offend yet. You can start victimising yourself now.

Pathetic excuse for trolling, if I've ever heard one.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 77
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 11:12:12 PM   
Hanny

quote:

Pathetic excuse for trolling, if I've ever heard one.

The boards only actual Troll, by post content and style.

http://www.flayme.com/troll/
What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp
What is an Internet Troll/ Forum troll?

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/troll.htm
Today, the term troll has a broader definition. A troll can be anyone who aims to disturb communication or ruin someone else's mood or experience while online. This usually happens in online environments like forums, message boards and chat rooms.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-internet-troll.htm

An Internet troll is someone who posts offensive, controversial, or divisive material on an Internet community.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 7/16/2011 11:25:42 PM >

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 78
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 11:25:43 PM   
Kayoz

Are you TRYING to show your ignorance? I already posted a definition of a troll. If you think that's incorrect, then please head over to wikipedia and correct the entry.

As for the psychological analysis - you're hearing voices again? Is that secret voice in the back of your head once again telling you what motivates people to do one thing or another?

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 79
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/16/2011 11:32:49 PM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

Are you TRYING to show your ignorance?

I would not attempt to compete with you in your chosen field of epertise. I pointed out you fit all 4 definitions of a Troll, with your style and content, and everyone fits yours when they meerly post good natured OT banter.

quote:

I already posted a definition of a troll.

The difference is between "the" and "a" that confuses you, since your wanted to control the definition to fit what you wanted to argue on, despite that showing yourself to be a blatent Troll.

quote:

If you think that's incorrect, then please head over to wikipedia and correct the entry.

Indded, which is why Wikki is rarely used to cite, except Trolls and children who have yet to be taught how to cite.

quote:

As for the psychological analysis - you're hearing voices again? Is that secret voice in the back of your head once again telling you what motivates people to do one thing or another?

Im spot on with mine, of you sonny, and your reading and replying to something i did not post meerly reafirms it.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 7/17/2011 12:01:02 AM >

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 80
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 12:13:03 AM   
Baleur

Troll this troll that.
90% of everyone being called "omg a troll" is in fact just a regular person asking a friggin question or speaking their opinion.

Its not "trolling" to express your opinion, if say, you think the engine exhausts in Distant Worlds resemble a phallus.
Nor is it "trolling" to disagree, for example to claim that no, they do in fact look like bananas instead.
Nor (again) is it "trolling" to ask a question such as where to raise the AI difficulty.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing more 'accusations' of someone being a troll online, than actual trolls.
It's like, OH MY GOD someone somewhere wrote something about something!! Grab the pitchforks!!! TROLL!!

Give it a rest. Grow up. Sigh.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 81
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 1:57:18 AM   
Igard

If you don't like the attitude of someone, or the posts they write, then hit the green button and don't read anymore. Easy as that guys.

We're all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I hope we are anyway. OT banter and friendly jibes are an indication of a strong community. If someone doesn't want to participate in that, then they can either, take the above advice, or find another site, where such humour and camaraderie are not tolerated.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 82
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 3:54:07 AM   
Shark7

Hmmm, sounds like we're about to have an angry mob around here. Might be time to set up a pitchfork and torch vendor stand, I'll make a fortune.

Luckily I can't see a lot of the problem posts since I have judiciously used the green button. The green button does wonders against trolls. Trust me, your life will be so much less stressful when you can't even see the inane drivel of the forum troll (and you can't be tempted to feed the troll either).

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 83
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 7:54:48 AM   
J HG T

*Steps into the room, looks around, silently shakes his head in frustration and goes back to playing New Vegas, SR2: Reboot and Guilty Gear X2.* 

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 84
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 9:47:27 AM   
Data

Wise words *follows the model momentarily*

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 85
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 9:48:50 AM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Hmmm, sounds like we're about to have an angry mob around here. Might be time to set up a pitchfork and torch vendor stand, I'll make a fortune.

Ill take bag of feathers some tar, and a fence rail, keep the change im in a rush....( Also have the image from Airplane of a line of passengers waiting to slap a hysterical women in my head!)

quote:

*Steps into the room, looks around, silently shakes his head in frustration and goes back to playing New Vegas, SR2: Reboot and Guilty Gear X2.* 

I also use another game of a different genre in between my current fav, im currently playing Sacred 2 (Diablo clone) which is old, but actually rather fun, and i find i can mentally problem solve/reconsider, the other game while playing a different genre.

quote:

Wise words *follows the model momentarily*

Thats your positronic brain for you, just not satisfied with the easy answer......

< Message edited by Hanny -- 7/17/2011 9:57:10 AM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 86
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/17/2011 9:56:45 AM   
Data

quote:

and i find i can mentally problem solve/reconsider, the other game while playing a different genre.

that's so true and I think that happens to most of us. For me, I always found that older games that I know by heart are best for problem solving....and it's great to find new value in them, aside from the obvious fun factor.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 87
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/18/2011 5:54:16 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard
If you don't like the attitude of someone, or the posts they write, then hit the green button and don't read anymore. Easy as that guys.
We're all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I hope we are anyway. OT banter and friendly jibes are an indication of a strong community. If someone doesn't want to participate in that, then they can either, take the above advice, or find another site, where such humour and camaraderie are not tolerated.

Watch it guys; I think our resident Romulan is showing his Vulcan roots...

I would say we all need a group hug...

Well except the guy with the cheap beard.

You know the one time someone on this board had an issue with me, it was solved like an adult... not a lot of graphics, not a lot of finger pointing... two people had a discussion and ended it...
That is why I come back to this community....

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 7/18/2011 5:56:52 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 88
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/18/2011 6:43:04 AM   
Shuul

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 89
RE: ETA on expac? - 7/18/2011 6:53:36 AM   
Facedrop

Great we have closure, the forum is at peace yet again.

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: ETA on expac? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI