Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Economic Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Economic Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Economic Questions - 7/17/2011 7:09:54 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

I am noticing that I can change the tax rate in the colonies screen, but the revenue shown there doesn't seem to change. Is it a delayed effect? Surly it has to change when you change the tax rate.

Also, in the game I am currently playing now I have built my rep up to the point (heroic) where the AIs are offering me lots of substantial cash gifts. But when I accept them they don't seem to show up in my cash balance (shown in the upper right corner). Is this a bug? Or is the cash going somewhere and I'm just not seeing it.

And on another front . . . In the game I'm playing I reached a point where almost all of the systems were explored before I found the planet with Korrabian Spice. It was in a system where one of the AIs already had a colony on another planet, but not there! Don't the AIs care that much about the income from the super luxuries? I thought that was one of the big priorities in the game.
Post #: 1
RE: Economic Questions - 7/17/2011 7:14:48 PM   
Data

Yes, Elliot explained at some point that it is a delayed effect....it's natural to be so.
The finacial reports and cashflow especially have always been a problem in the vanilla...the expansion added a new level with the transient income, it may be counted there.
For the luxury planet, what type on environment was it? Maybe the AI did not have the colonization tech for it, if it had it would have surely grabbed it.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Harmonious Hegemony)
Post #: 2
RE: Economic Questions - 7/18/2011 8:37:51 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

Thanks Data - I waited a little bit after changing the tax rate and did indeed see a change in revenue. That answers that.

So the gifts not appearing in the cash balance is a bug and not just me. I'm running 1.0.7.1, which was touted as fixing a lot of bugs. That seems like an obvious one to have been included. I am waiting to download ROTS until I have played the vanilla version for a while. Just seems like I should play it out before upgrading. I'm sure I will appreciate the Super AI mod when I do.

The Korrabian Spice was on a desert planet, as its supposed to be I guess, and I can understand that the AI might not have had that tech yet. On the other hand, when you find one of the super luxuries on a planet that can't be colonized yet the thing to do is put up a mining station (and defenses). I'm just surprised the AI doesn't do that.

I realize that I'm late to the game and asking a lot of questions that have already been discussed here. I appreciate your going over it again for a noob -

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Economic Questions - 7/18/2011 8:53:24 PM   
Data

Don't worry about it, HH, that's why we're here....and you're right about the AI; too much A and very little I, the classic case

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 4
RE: Economic Questions - 7/18/2011 10:38:24 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harmonious Hegemony

The Korrabian Spice was on a desert planet, as its supposed to be I guess, and I can understand that the AI might not have had that tech yet. On the other hand, when you find one of the super luxuries on a planet that can't be colonized yet the thing to do is put up a mining station (and defenses). I'm just surprised the AI doesn't do that.

That's unusual - I'd suspect that:
a) the AI either hasn't found it yet
b) hasn't gotten around to building a mining station
c) someone blew up the mining station there, and you've encountered it while it's "between owners"

I usually find the Ancient Guardians to be camping most of the super luxuries. With their max-tech ships and uber economy, they -VERY- quickly scout out the galaxy and nab the best research and luxuries. If you wish to test the AI's desire to build mining stations, just camp an exploration ship there. You'll see the AI sending construction ships there fairly quickly.

Them grabbing the luxuries by the AG makes a certain amount of sense, though it's incredibly annoying. Their building stations on research spots, however, does NOT make any sense. They have max tech and benefit NOTHING from a station. This is a bug that has been in DW since DAY ONE.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Economic Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI