Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Scale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Unit Scale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Scale - 7/17/2011 8:51:13 PM   
Boggit

Having looked at a lot of screen shots and owning DC WtP by way of comparison, units in ATG seem a bit light in terms of absolute numbers. For example, in DC WtP a German regiment will typically have 4000 Infantry, 200 MG, 50 ATRs, 20 37mmPAK, 25 50mm Mortars, 25 81mm Mortars and 10 75mm Light Arty.

ATG units appear to have a fraction of this strength, so I'm wondering whether the scale in ATG is on the basis of infantry squads - roughly 1:10 men and vehicles, guns etc on the basis of troop/platoon/battery (i.e. 1:4, 1:5 and 1:6)?

It's not a criticism, since the 2 games are obviously separate entities, but I am curious as to the scale of unit strengths.
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Scale - 7/17/2011 10:03:13 PM   
Twotribes

The scale is for you to decide.
An example.

I can call my Rifle STF companies and then assign 27 of them to a Division ( 3 per Battalion, 3 Battalions per Regiment or brigade) Or I can call them something else and assign them in a different number to a unit.

A unit can be anything you want. Just because the Generic name tag is Division does not mean you can not change the title. Before the game starts you can edit the name of the generic unit. In one game I call them Regiments.

(in reply to Boggit)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Scale - 7/18/2011 6:40:14 PM   
Boggit

Thanks Twotribes. I appreciate your reply.

I'd suspected that was maybe the case, but for the avoidance of doubt, it's nice to know. It certainly makes the scale nice and flexible, but meaningful at the same time.

BTW Maybe a silly question but what is "STF"?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Scale - 7/18/2011 7:19:18 PM   
Strategiusz

SFT - Subformation Type.

(in reply to Boggit)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Unit Scale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI