Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 2:58:31 AM   
wolf14455

Sad that if Im good I got less scenarios and that I miss the prototype reward from old PG2.
Post #: 1
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 3:01:26 AM   
jomni

That's the main complaint so far.  Do very well in the campaign and it will end up to be a short one.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 2
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 3:13:33 AM   
Razz1

Then bump it up to General or Field Marshal.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 6:38:57 AM   
JP Falcon the 2nd

So therein lies the replayability factor...play the game again but delay taking the final objective to get marginal victories so you can play the scenarios you missed....

< Message edited by JP Falcon the 2nd -- 7/18/2011 6:39:13 AM >

A Rebirth Due to lost Password and deleted email addy!

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 4
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 9:41:48 AM   
IainMcNeil

Thats always the dliema - do we allow a branching mission tree which means on any one play through you only see a subset of teh content we created or do we keep it on rails and make sure you see everything we have done. Its tricky because people want both - replayability and to see everything :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to JP Falcon the 2nd)
Post #: 5
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 1:15:53 PM   
berndn

As a total newbie I would love to have your problems But maybe playing them to get better may help better :D

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 2:00:31 PM   
wolf14455

Yup ;O) Practice is everything, the more you play the better u understand the rytm and flow of the battlefield. I startedto play strategy games 1972. But I always up for more learning. You never reach the ceiling. (roof, bad speller)

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 7
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 3:30:35 PM   
lparkh

Well at the end of the 2nd scenario one time I got a brand new tank out of the blue as an award.. though it did not look like a prototype.
The prototype idea was fun. But there are bonus units it would seem.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 8
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 4:50:03 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: berndn

As a total newbie I would love to have your problems But maybe playing them to get better may help better :D

Why not let you choose where to branch?

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 9
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 5:20:26 PM   
phatkarp

I've received a couple of free "elite" units.  Unlike my normal gray units, these guys are decked out in camo.  I'm not sure exactly what I did to deserve these units, but they are pretty cool.  

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 10
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 5:31:42 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: phatkarp

I've received a couple of free "elite" units.  Unlike my normal gray units, these guys are decked out in camo.  I'm not sure exactly what I did to deserve these units, but they are pretty cool.  

A decisive victory will grant you to the maximum of three elite units in the whole campaign.

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 11
RE: Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... - 7/18/2011 7:34:40 PM   
wolf14455

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: berndn

Why not let you choose where to branch?

Im sure no unit was out of combat for a year at the time in ww2 for germany so I guess they fought some where. And as a victorious Army you push forward and fight on places that you not fight when not so successfull or on the retreat. Only if the game is a General simulation I can understand that u been posted on different fronts and even out of command (example Guderian) if you been to successfull / disatrous or insulted Hitler in any way. That was my popint of wiev in old PG2 and still now in this Gem.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Finnished my first long Campaign and loved it, but.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI