Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rise of Rome Installation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support >> Rise of Rome Installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rise of Rome Installation - 7/18/2011 6:44:18 PM   
keoman

I purchased and downloaded Rise of Rome and got an 82 megabyte file that was not an application. In "properties" it says it's an application, but it does not look like the other modules I bought and installed and it does not run. You get a message asking you to select the application to run the file. I put in a help ticket on this, but does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

Mark
Post #: 1
RE: Rise of Rome Installation - 7/22/2011 1:31:16 AM   
Big B

I just had this same problem today, but my system does not see it as a setup application....just a generic file. What gives?
quote:

ORIGINAL: keoman

I purchased and downloaded Rise of Rome and got an 82 megabyte file that was not an application. In "properties" it says it's an application, but it does not look like the other modules I bought and installed and it does not run. You get a message asking you to select the application to run the file. I put in a help ticket on this, but does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

Mark

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Big B -- 7/22/2011 1:46:35 AM >

(in reply to keoman)
Post #: 2
RE: Rise of Rome Installation - 7/22/2011 9:28:45 AM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry you are having problems. It appears your machines have renamed teh file for some reason. Try renaming it to a .exe file. If this does nto work disable your vuirus protection and try again. It is almost certainly a virus checker issue. It is trying to protect you by renaming the file so you cannot run it. How helpful :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 3
RE: Rise of Rome Installation - 7/22/2011 10:41:31 PM   
Big B

That worked perfectly!

Thank you!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Sorry you are having problems. It appears your machines have renamed teh file for some reason. Try renaming it to a .exe file. If this does nto work disable your vuirus protection and try again. It is almost certainly a virus checker issue. It is trying to protect you by renaming the file so you cannot run it. How helpful :)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Rise of Rome Installation - 6/10/2012 4:39:33 PM   
michaelm75au

Downloaded today.
The file is downloaded as FOGRise (without an extension) as is not being renamed by the virus scanner or downloader.

Michael

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support >> Rise of Rome Installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI