Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

eia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> eia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
eia - 10/15/2002 8:34:56 AM   
IrishGuardsOld

EIA has the possibility of being the best game on the net, whether its real-time as some say or sm (sim movement ).

Lets face facts, the way the wars went was to react to movement by the other nation.\

This means it does not matter who gets to move first or last in each segment as long as the reaction is an available option for not only static units, but for units moving during the turn.

To recreate the balance, it is a very plausable idea especially for the nation who sits and reacts to the movement and attacks of other nations.

How will u deal with the turks and austrian insurrection corps that appear when they are brought into play.

Only way to deal with this is .... and it will solve quite a few probs at the same time is....

This game is an action segment game w orders issued to all applicable units should they be forced or opportuined to change orders in mid segment.

The ability of the brits and the french to pick when they move in the turn keeps a balance in the game that cannot be reestablished. Deciding who gets to move first as in an initiative game, and does not bode well for playability. As far as sim movement i think if this can be implemented then u will see that alot of situations will come about and lends itself to following the historical action as it happened.

I have seen alot of comments like the brits take out portugal and denmark on the first turn.

This would never happen if a political sys was in place to modify minors when they are in your influence.

I cant see the spanish or french or prussians allowing the brits to attack freely, without even a leadr and the ability to withstand more than 1 combat.

What needs to be examined is the viability of the units present in the area to participate in the ongoing action, and what factors either inhibit or prohibit the action.

Michael:rolleyes:
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> eia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI