Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time Flys!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Time Flys!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time Flys!!! - 6/24/2011 10:13:49 PM   
Warhorse

Hey Alby, and all!! Man, haven't played the Old Girl in a looong time, so wrapped up in JTCS projects, need to get back into it!!! Just wanted to stop in and say hey, miss y'all!!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/24/2011 11:34:21 PM   
planner 3

Warhorse you old reprobate from wherever you,ve been hiding......Welcome back

planner 3 (aka Chief)

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 2:42:25 PM   
Josh

JTCS projects? You mean the Modern War addon?

(as a matter of fact I was reading... Steel Panthers projects  so you got me thinking; hmm, maybe that mega update for SP...) 

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 3
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 3:49:40 PM   
Warhorse

@ Chief, hey guy, yeah been quite busy with various projects, and a new addiction, Xbox360!!

@ Josh, how's it going, yep, helping out making icons and such with the Middle East/Vietnam games, good stuff!! Not sure if I even remember how to do editing of the SP things like I used to, I guess it would come back. Always wanted to do my Korean War add-on, but never got too far due to exe problems!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 4:14:51 PM   
Alby

Hey whats up Mike!!! good to hear from ya!

For those of you who dont know, Mike was a big part of getting SP:WAW off the ground in the very beginning.

< Message edited by Alby -- 6/25/2011 4:15:15 PM >

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 5
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 5:01:01 PM   
Warhorse

Hi Alby, been a long time! Listen, I popped in here the other day, and did I glean correctly that Matrix isn't allowed to do any more with the exe's???!!! I had wanted to do my korean War thing using the WAW engine, but alas it seems that the SP: Modern engine was much more suitable for editing, much to my chagrin. I really like the WAW engine alot more, haven't done anything with it though. I have a working version, complete with the Human Wave routine, ala the Japanese Banzai function using the Campaign Series Rsing Sun engine, but haven't released that due to a lack of any scenario's. Matrix is supposedly going to work on the KW (which there exists a very nice new version of it we are slowly developing) after the Modern Wars games, but that is many years in the future yet. I may just release the Rising Sun version as a teaser, for folks to tinker with scenarios and such till the official version is available, not sure on that yet...

Anyhow, what have you guys been up to? What is the Enhanced FR?? I have been out of this loop for way too long!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 5:32:43 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Hi Alby, been a long time! Listen, I popped in here the other day, and did I glean correctly that Matrix isn't allowed to do any more with the exe's???!!! I had wanted to do my korean War thing using the WAW engine, but alas it seems that the SP: Modern engine was much more suitable for editing, much to my chagrin. I really like the WAW engine alot more, haven't done anything with it though. I have a working version, complete with the Human Wave routine, ala the Japanese Banzai function using the Campaign Series Rsing Sun engine, but haven't released that due to a lack of any scenario's. Matrix is supposedly going to work on the KW (which there exists a very nice new version of it we are slowly developing) after the Modern Wars games, but that is many years in the future yet. I may just release the Rising Sun version as a teaser, for folks to tinker with scenarios and such till the official version is available, not sure on that yet...

Anyhow, what have you guys been up to? What is the Enhanced FR?? I have been out of this loop for way too long!!

Mike

Mike, you should release your Korean war mod, I always wanted to do one of those but, never did....
Enhanced FR is just the latest 'update' of the Enhanced mod we created for SP:WAW some years ago......
click on my banner and check out the site for all the info, I thought you knew about the Enhanced mods we did?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 5:42:09 PM   
Warhorse

Just went to the site and registered, gotta wait till activated, no email yet from it?! I do remember the enhanced, forget which version I have of it, but wasn't sure what FR was, just read about that now!! I see also a civil War and some other mods, awesome!! I think the main prob with the KW was the leader names and such are shared throughout with certain countries, since each country doesn't have a names/ranks folder ala SPWW2, that was the show-stopper.

EDIT: Just looked around on my HDD, found my SP Korean War, am experimentally in a campaign between Belgium and Commies, still works!! Can't remember how far I had gotten, will look into it some more, maybe I will make a few scennies for it and look into some way to upload it to ya?

Mike

< Message edited by Warhorse -- 6/25/2011 8:16:17 PM >

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/25/2011 7:35:51 PM   
Warhorse

DL'd the CW one, plays nicely, well done to all involved!! Am in the beginning of a campaign with it.

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 9
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/27/2011 2:22:06 AM   
JEB Davis

The Civil War mod OOBs really weren't designed for AI play, the AI purchase formations will not likely work well. The mod was intended mainly for PBEM play, or if against the AI then using pre-made scenarios. A random campaign may not work out well. Just a heads-up for you

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 10
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/27/2011 5:55:45 PM   
Alby

quote:

Just went to the site and registered, gotta wait till activated, no email yet from it?! I do remember the enhanced, forget which version I have of it, but wasn't sure what FR was, just read about that now!! I see also a civil War and some other mods, awesome!! I think the main prob with the KW was the leader names and such are shared throughout with certain countries, since each country doesn't have a names/ranks folder ala SPWW2, that was the show-stopper.

EDIT: Just looked around on my HDD, found my SP Korean War, am experimentally in a campaign between Belgium and Commies, still works!! Can't remember how far I had gotten, will look into it some more, maybe I will make a few scennies for it and look into some way to upload it to ya?

Mike

did you evr get confirmation email?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/27/2011 11:22:16 PM   
Warhorse

Hey Alby!! Yes I did, thank you very much, and am now haunting the site!! Years ago, when I was working on WAW, Mike Wood had sent me some docs on AI pick lists for the different countries, I guess that info is gone now, I can't find it on any of my 5 hard drives. That must have been some of what mysteriously disappeared that dreadful day in '03 when my harddrive crashed!! I don't guess anyone else has this info????

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 12
RE: Time Flys!!! - 6/28/2011 4:35:52 PM   
Alby

quote:

Hey Alby!! Yes I did, thank you very much, and am now haunting the site!! Years ago, when I was working on WAW, Mike Wood had sent me some docs on AI pick lists for the different countries, I guess that info is gone now, I can't find it on any of my 5 hard drives. That must have been some of what mysteriously disappeared that dreadful day in '03 when my harddrive crashed!! I don't guess anyone else has this info????

Mike

we tried to get that from him at one time, but he had lost it too.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 13
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/2/2011 5:03:28 PM   
Warhorse

OK, just started going through my oob's for Korea, am mapping out the AI pick lists per each country my mod uses, so only the other countries won't be mapped. Just takes some time is all!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 14
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/2/2011 5:47:58 PM   
Alby

quote:

OK, just started going through my oob's for Korea, am mapping out the AI pick lists per each country my mod uses, so only the other countries won't be mapped. Just takes some time is all!!

Mike

You wanna set up an area at the Enhanced forum for your mod? You can get some team members etc etc.....there's some knowledgeable peeps there..

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 15
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/2/2011 9:10:07 PM   
Warhorse

Might not be a bad idea, let me see what I'll need help with, and let ya know!!! This process isn't too bad, use Stuhack to make each oob a test, make a battle, open in WAWEDIT and make a list, then adjust oob!! Due to lack of many different units etc, there are quite a few empty AI picks in some countrys like Colombia.

Mie

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 16
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/3/2011 8:30:47 PM   
Alby

Get with us over at the other forum, Myself, Flashfyre, JEB Davis and Not A Toy

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 17
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/4/2011 3:28:11 PM   
Warhorse

Where would the best section be?

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 18
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/4/2011 4:17:17 PM   
Alby

quote:

Where would the best section be?

Mike

We will have to create one....after the holiday, we will get going on this

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 19
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/6/2011 3:26:44 PM   
Alby

see if you can see your 'area' over at Enhanced Forum..

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 20
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/11/2011 9:21:47 AM   
caaraa

I think so

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 21
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/19/2011 5:11:43 AM   
caaraa

Agree with the issue, but not neccesarily with the proposed solution.

(in reply to caaraa)
Post #: 22
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/19/2011 5:20:47 PM   
Alby

huh??

(in reply to caaraa)
Post #: 23
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/20/2011 4:01:21 AM   
JEB Davis

Spammer?

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 24
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/25/2011 9:16:35 PM   
Warhorse

Figures, what is up with folks with nothing better to do than respond to something not even directed at them???!!! Anyhow, Just updated my KW oob's down to UK with FR values, etc., see lots of changes, for the better!! Still have to assemble UK, USA, USMC, and Ethiopia, and their corresponding pick lists, but moving along nicely!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 25
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/27/2011 4:35:02 PM   
tracer

Hey! ...how's it going Mike?

Jim NSB

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 26
RE: Time Flys!!! - 7/27/2011 11:06:50 PM   
Warhorse

Hey Jim!!! Another blast from the past, missed you guys, it's been too long! I'm working furiously on the korea War mod, got 4 oob's to complete, then want to try and get a few scennies together for an introductory release, sans LBM's/TXT files. Forgot all about the project for quite a few years!!!

How've you been doing? What do you get your self into these days gaming-wise?

Good to hear from you man!!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 27
RE: Time Flys!!! - 8/11/2011 4:37:07 AM   
KG Erwin

Hello, Mike. Haven't heard anything from you in a long time. After my experience with working with SPWaW, I pretty much dropped out of the loop, also. I still play it, once in awhile, but I've gravitated towards a baseball sim. However, after watching "The Pacific" HBO miniseries, I'm still thinking about launching another USMC long campaign.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 28
RE: Time Flys!!! - 8/13/2011 9:53:46 PM   
Warhorse

Hey, good to hear from you again too!! Funny how folks drift apart, only to bump into each other again some time down the line!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Time Flys!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI