Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Words.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Two Words..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Words..... - 7/19/2011 1:32:12 AM   
michael1776

Instant Classic!

I can't think of a better way to heap the praise on this one. You took one of the most beloved war games of all time, added a few tweaks here and there, and made it brand new again. This takes me right back to the original, which I purchased the day it hit the shelves. I can still remember that huge box (remember when games came in giant boxes?) - I played that continuously. It almost destroyed my freshman year at school. PC is just as much fun if not more so.

Tip of the cap gentlemen. Another fine example of why I only buy games from Matrix!

Regards,
MJ

Post #: 1
RE: Two Words..... - 7/19/2011 2:10:46 AM   
MarsRobert

Although I don't think Matrix is the only show in town (contrary to popular opinion, the big gaming studios and other indies do occasionally get things right , I agree with you 100% about Panzer Corps being an instant classic.    And yes, I still have my 'big boxed' Blade Runner game.  lol

BTW, I'm trying to decide now if I want to go out to the Castle for 80's night or stay home and continue my Panzer Corps campaign. 

"Only the dead know the end of war." - Plato

(in reply to michael1776)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Words..... - 7/19/2011 3:05:00 AM   
michael1776

You absolutely need to go out to 80's night. Being a child of the 80's myself, I say you march in there, grab a cold beer and request something by Duran Duran....lol or maybe The Cars.

Here in Atlanta we have a club called "8 Tracks" which I go to regularly. They play all 80's music mostly. It reminds me of cruising in my very first car - a 1969 Chevy Caprice 2 Door Sport Coupe. You Brits will laugh at this...a coupe that was almost 20 feet long and weighed just under 3600 pounds. But it had a factory 8 track player in it and I bought a few just to play when I was driving. I still remember Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven fondly. Midway through the song I had to take out the cartridge and flip it over to play the second half. Good stuff.

MJ

(in reply to MarsRobert)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Words..... - 7/19/2011 11:15:52 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: michael1776

Instant Classic!

Word

(in reply to michael1776)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Words..... - 7/20/2011 1:27:22 AM   
phatkarp

Word UP

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: Two Words.....Great Job! - 7/21/2011 2:19:34 PM   
gsol69

I have been waiting for someone to pick up the PG flag and run with it, and Panzer Corps
NAILED IT! Same game play with a boat load of GUI improvements and updated graphics.

Love it guys, keep up the GREAT work!

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Two Words..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI