Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 5:44:35 PM   
Longasc

It seems there is an 18 unit limit for deployment in the Kiev scenario of the 1939 campaign.
Even more so it seems that air units are limited to 5 or 6 units.

Seems to be working as intended, but I wanted to ask if you experienced the same.
I have 25 core units and this is the first time I have more units than I can deploy.
Post #: 1
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 5:47:34 PM   
Rudankort

This is one of the two limited deployment scenarios (the other one is Greece), and this was specifically stressed in the briefing. You have 18 slots, but you are free to choose any units that will go with you - there are no specific limitations on ground or air units. You can deploy all of your planes, but fewer ground units or vice versa. The choice is yours.

(in reply to Longasc)
Post #: 2
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 6:54:32 PM   
Longasc

Thanks for clarification!

What happens when auxiliary units get destroyed, would I be able to deploy my core units or is the limit specifically for core units?

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 3
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 7:01:47 PM   
Rudankort

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longasc

Thanks for clarification!

What happens when auxiliary units get destroyed, would I be able to deploy my core units or is the limit specifically for core units?

No, auxiliary units have their own limit, and in most scens it is set to 0, so losses of aux units are non-replacable.

(in reply to Longasc)
Post #: 4
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 8:16:41 PM   
Josh

If I recall correctly that wasn't the case in PG, I sometimes bought extra auxiliary units when needed. There's no way you can get that implemented again (as an option), or modded?

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 5
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/20/2011 9:58:42 PM   
Longasc

You can do this yourself if you want:

\Panzer Corps\Data\Kiev.pzscn

Open with the Panzer Corps Editor - Edit - Scenario Parameters.

Aux slots are set to 0 and Core slots to 18. I would be careful with such modifications, as the limits are supposedly part of the scenario challenge.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units - 7/21/2011 1:58:01 AM   
jomni

Yeah I lost the Greece scenario because of this limit!
Anyway I should have sent the troops by sea early on.
There also little room in the map anyway.
I'll still continue the game and see what happens next in Russia.

(in reply to Longasc)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Kiev scenario (39 Campaign): Can't deploy all units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI