Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Easy to play?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Easy to play? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Easy to play? - 7/25/2011 9:02:52 AM   
Visery

Can I learn how to play this game without reading lengthy manual and how are units obtained? Do I buy them from a victory points pool or something.
Post #: 1
RE: Easy to play? - 7/25/2011 9:18:25 AM   
pinwolf

If YOU can 'learn how to play the game without reading the lengthy manual' nobody can tell you. You will have to find it out for yourself. I would think it will take much, much more lengthy time then the RTFM-process. Don't really understand the second part of your question. Your units are on the map if you start a scenario. The scenario designer decides what you get and when.

< Message edited by Smaragdadler -- 7/25/2011 9:24:54 AM >

(in reply to Visery)
Post #: 2
RE: Easy to play? - 7/25/2011 9:47:19 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Visery

Can I learn how to play this game without reading lengthy manual and how are units obtained? Do I buy them from a victory points pool or something.

there is a Demo available and it has a much shorter tutorial guide. So I think the answer is yes, you can. but there are a number of things that you may not understand if you don't read a good part of the manual. Also, the manual does contain a number of sections dealing with Historical notes and Scenario editing that you won't need until you decide to create your own scenarios.

But check out the demo and then you can judge.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Visery)
Post #: 3
RE: Easy to play? - 7/25/2011 12:45:55 PM   
Visery

Downloading the demo now...what is the difference (aside from the graphics quality) between this game and Combat Mission: Battles in Normandy?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: Easy to play? - 7/26/2011 2:15:33 AM   
Mad Russian

Scope, scale, location and implementation. That's about the only differences between the two games.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Visery)
Post #: 5
RE: Easy to play? - 7/26/2011 3:31:37 AM   
7thcav

I am not going to get into comparing the two games .I do own both and if I had to chose between one or the other PCO would get my vote.I do recommend you at least check out the game play chapter in the manual there are a couple of things that aren't real typical of games in this genre or use a naming convention thats a little different "Pathing" and "SOP" both can have significant impact especially in the infantry side of the game.....have fun

Regards
7thcav

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Easy to play? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI