Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Elite Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Elite Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Elite Units - 7/25/2011 5:20:42 PM   
GSlapshot

Is 3 the most elite units you can get? Also what Elite units are there available?
Post #: 1
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 6:50:48 PM   
Apollo1967

I'd like to know what is required to get an elite unit. I'm up to the Moscow 41 scenario and still haven't gotten a single elite unit.

(in reply to GSlapshot)
Post #: 2
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 7:06:19 PM   
JP Falcon the 2nd

hmmmm..I received an elite unit (Tiger) at the start of my Operation Barbarossa campaign and I have had a few marginal victories, so I certainly did not deserve it for my gameplay....perhaps it is simply random?

(in reply to Apollo1967)
Post #: 3
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 7:12:14 PM   
Rudankort

Yes, it is simply random. You have a 30% chance to get an elite unit at the beginning of each scenario.

(in reply to JP Falcon the 2nd)
Post #: 4
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 8:09:21 PM   
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Few questions about those Uberunits

1) I was given an SS MarkIII tank at the beginning of the Low Countries scenario and when I've tried to upgrade it (well, rather check if it's possible) I found out that it cannot be upgraded or downgraded. Can this tank be upgraded later when more versions of MarkIII and then MIV, Panter and Tiger pop out (there is no problem like this with the SS infantry)?

2) What happens when I loose/disband one or more of those units? Will I be given some new ones?

3) Is there some possibility to have a 'future' tank like Tiger in the 41' France or can the player be given only the best units available at that time (so IIIs and IVs)?

Regards

Remember, having fun and keeping to the spirit of the game is more important than winning at any cost.

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 5
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 8:44:43 PM   
Rudankort

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Few questions about those Uberunits

1) I was given an SS MarkIII tank at the beginning of the Low Countries scenario and when I've tried to upgrade it (well, rather check if it's possible) I found out that it cannot be upgraded or downgraded. Can this tank be upgraded later when more versions of MarkIII and then MIV, Panter and Tiger pop out (there is no problem like this with the SS infantry)?

2) What happens when I loose/disband one or more of those units? Will I be given some new ones?

3) Is there some possibility to have a 'future' tank like Tiger in the 41' France or can the player be given only the best units available at that time (so IIIs and IVs)?

Regards

1) In LC PzIIIF is the only option of elite panzer, but you will be able to upgrade them in next scenarios, just like infantry.

2) If you lose an elite unit, you have a chance to get new one in next scenarios, but of course all of its experience, awards, heroes etc. will be lost.

3) Elite units use their own availability dates which can be a bit different from "normal" versions, but the difference is not huge - you can't get a late tank in early war. In France you can only have elite PzIII and PzIV.

(in reply to Grand Admiral Thrawn)
Post #: 6
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 8:49:59 PM   
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Great. Thanks!

Remember, having fun and keeping to the spirit of the game is more important than winning at any cost.

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 7
RE: Elite Units - 7/25/2011 9:44:59 PM   
James Ward

I love Elite units. Since you don't want to lose them, as they don't count against your deployable limits, you tend to keep them safe and they do actually become Elite over time. Great idea designers!

(in reply to Grand Admiral Thrawn)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Elite Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI