Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/25/2011 11:34:46 PM   
krait

Let me start off with saying how I absolutely love this game, finally the worthy PG-Clone that I have been waiting for since like forever.
That said, how would I go about acquiring some non-german units for my core force in the SP campaign? Is it even possible? In Greece and Kiev I had the option to click the Italian flag on the purchase screen, but the italian units were all under some red mesh and it said 'not enough unit slots' on the right. I could purchase german units fine though. Disbanding my entire force didnt change this either. So how could I get me a Sparviero or some Alpini?

I am also wondering about strategic bombers, are they supposed to cause supression for the entire turn or not? Some people say so, but in my game the supression goes away after the next ground attack like with arty. And seeing how they don't cause much supression to begin with, they are kinda not very useful if you don't have an enemy navy to sink...
Post #: 1
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/26/2011 1:37:50 AM   
jomni

I don't think you can in SP. Or I just never tried.
I've seen that interface work in MP.

< Message edited by jomni -- 7/26/2011 1:39:20 AM >

(in reply to krait)
Post #: 2
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/26/2011 9:05:25 AM   
Josh

No you can't buy core non-German units. A bit unfortunate IMO, because in some scenarios where you have plenty of prestige left, it gives your non core units some extra punch. Maybe that'll change in a future patch.

Strategic Bombers do rule the skies, very resistent to FlaK, lots of ammo and a huge amount of fuel which keeps them in the air forever. They suppres the enemy only one battle yes (the number is in brackets in blue). They lower the enemies fuel, ammo and entrenchement. So first you shoot with Arty at a heavilly entrenched enemy, to get them suppressed, then attack. Suppression gets lifted. Then attack again with Strategic Bomber to suppress the unit again, then attack again. This will almost certainly dislodge/destroy the unit.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/26/2011 10:29:25 AM   
IainMcNeil

You must have a city controlled by the minor nation to recruit its troops. That's the only requirement.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/26/2011 8:24:18 PM   
krait

Well, in the Greece scenario, Italy owns Tirana, yet I cannot recruit italian troops for the abovementioned reason still. So there must be something else...

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/27/2011 1:37:11 PM   
Rudankort

In single scenario mode you can buy foreign units to core, but in campaign mode it is not possible. You can buy only german units in campaign.

(in reply to krait)
Post #: 6
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/27/2011 3:39:50 PM   
Hanal

Is there a design philosophy behind this decision?

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 7/27/2011 3:40:46 PM >

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 7
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/27/2011 4:16:26 PM   
IainMcNeil

Oops my mistake :)

On the design side I assume its because it doesnt make much sense to take minor nation units with your core force. They would either end up in battles long after their nation had surrendered or with obsolete equipment as there are no upgrades available for their nationality in late war scenarios.

In the campaign you are a German officer in command of German forces.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 8
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/28/2011 12:58:03 AM   
duhsveti666

Well if i remember correctly you couldn't do that in pg2 either. But that was a long time ago so i might be mistaken.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 7/28/2011 2:54:26 AM   
jomni

Anyway, it's a waste of prestige.  German troops are always better. Lol!

(in reply to duhsveti666)
Post #: 10
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 8/15/2011 7:48:45 AM   
nonomlg

I do not agree: Italian Bersaglieri or paratroopers are rather good units (I am not Italian). In any case, we should be able to buy non German core units as it was possible in PG2: it was nice to have Finnish elite infantry (they were as fast as cavalry troops and much better). It should be the gamer's choice to include or not non German core units, not the developpers' one. Let us also remind that the German army included foreign volunteers on the East front: the Spanish Azul Legion or the French Volunteer Legion.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 11
RE: How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? - 9/17/2011 11:30:23 PM   
mentatt76

Also they could prove to be useful when you need economical solutions. Bersaglieri was a fine unit with a decent price.

(in reply to nonomlg)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> How to purchase foreign (e.g. italian) units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI