Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rulevar meaning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Rulevar meaning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rulevar meaning - 7/30/2011 12:17:06 AM   
magresh

I have been trying to make an amphibious landing and just found the rule in the manual. It says that I need rulevar 307 points. This word rulevar is throughout the manual and I don't find a definition or explanation on the forums or in the manual. I am really enjoying this game. Can someone help me out?
Post #: 1
RE: Rulevar meaning - 7/30/2011 7:01:47 PM   
Grymme

Rulewar 307 specifies the minimum number of powerpoints needed to capture any hex. In some scenarios i have seen this set to 10 meaning that you cannot capture even an empty hex without 10 powerpoints in the unit.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to magresh)
Post #: 2
RE: Rulevar meaning - 7/30/2011 7:12:19 PM   
magresh

Thanks for the answer. What is rulevar stand for? Are power points the number on the counter? All this may be in the manual, but I'm having a heck of time finding them. Still, great game!

(in reply to magresh)
Post #: 3
RE: Rulevar meaning - 7/30/2011 8:37:30 PM   
Grymme

Rulevars are short for rule variations. The rules of the game. All rulewars are changable.

Powerpoints are an approximative strength of a SFT. For example a basic rifleman is 1PP, a light tank 20PP. It is listed somewhere in the basic statistics of SFTs. They are not the same as the number on the counter because this number is influenced by other factors such as readiness, morale, experience etc. Or at least i think so, have not consulted the manual.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to magresh)
Post #: 4
RE: Rulevar meaning - 7/31/2011 12:12:35 AM   
Falkon1313

Because rules can vary drastically from scenario to scenario, all the numbers aren't in the manual. In the game, after clicking the statistics button, then the Rules tab, you'll find the values of the rulevars for your current scenario. 307 is in group 2.

Power points can also vary (the game has a pretty powerful/flexible editor), so the best way to find them is in the game, click the unit, then for each subunit, click it and check the Combat Stats (PP is 4th from the bottom on the left). The number is per qty, so 30 Rifles @ 1 PP each = 30 PP; 2 Medium Tanks at 30 PP each = 60 PP. At least, that's how I understand it, but I'm pretty new to the game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 5
RE: Rulevar meaning - 7/31/2011 1:31:06 AM   
magresh

Thank you everyone. I feel I have a grasp on these issues now.

(in reply to magresh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Rulevar meaning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI