Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shameless Exploits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Shameless Exploits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 1:37:26 AM   
SeaMonkey

I'm trying to rationalize this, ala "Von Ryan's Express" but I'm having a hard time. So forum help me. I load up some of troops on a train, tell me that they're armored combat trains .... please! Now....who needs recon, I can tell which cities that are connected that are occupied and which that aren't.

Not only that....I drive my VR Express right into the enemy city/town and occupy it so that my FJs can jump in and take it next turn, how easy as the owning side can't deploy into the area. This is better than neutralizing with strategic bombers....I can build combat trains for free!
Post #: 1
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 3:24:15 AM   
Razz1

The AI never garrisons cities. It's been like that since PG.

So what else is new?

Play Multi-player if you want a competition.

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 2
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 3:57:10 AM   
Hanal

I think I mentioned this in another post, but I thought that all AI objective hexes should have a "garrison" infantry unit...no mp value so it cannot leave, and it will be well entrenched. It would make the game a bit tougher and prevent such exploits...I should point out that I have liked the fact that the AI does not just set a ring of units around the objectives which you then have to plow through, so by having garrison units, the AI can continue to be aggressive when need be without sacrificing the objectives...

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 8/1/2011 3:59:34 AM >

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 3
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 2:28:45 PM   
Jestre

How about a little self discipline, just don't do it....

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 4
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 3:34:00 PM   
SeaMonkey

How about a simple fix that trains are not allowed into a city until it has been captured, coupled with a strategic bombing feature which disallows movement through a friendly city when it has been neutralized.

You guys are going to be tough I see!  Seems I'm going to have to be less subtle when trying to coerce some ideas out of this crowd.  Guess that's what I get from hanging around the SC forum for so long, great expectations!

(in reply to Jestre)
Post #: 5
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 4:23:13 PM   
willgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

How about a simple fix that trains are not allowed into a city until it has been captured, coupled with a strategic bombing feature which disallows movement through a friendly city when it has been neutralized.

Seems like a good change to me with no apparent downside.

quote:

SC forum

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 6
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 8:51:25 PM   
Zerstorer

quote:

You guys are going to be tough I see!  Seems I'm going to have to be less subtle when trying to coerce some ideas out of this crowd.  Guess that's what I get from hanging around the SC forum for so long, great expectations!

This is a reasonable request. And don't let a couple of "less than friendly replies" dissuade you from voicing ideas that can help improve the game. I too have noted some less than receptive responses to new ideas on this forum- HOWEVER. it appears that is generally the same few individuals repeatedly. Overall, most of the replies have been well thought out and considerate. And most players apprieciate the new ideas and discussions.

The Original Panzer General Zerstorer

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 7
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 9:26:48 PM   
BriteLite

Sea Monkey I had noticed the same thing regarding entrained units. No movement into/thru non friendly city coupled with neutralizing makes perfect sense. Should be relatively easy for developers to implement. Ideas for improvement are a good thing. Don't be discouraged by nay sayers.

(in reply to Zerstorer)
Post #: 8
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/1/2011 10:16:54 PM   
SeaMonkey

Thanks guys for the support, and Z, don't worry about me ever being dissuaded, I don't have an ego, and this is all about fun and games, impossible to take it seriously.

Remember everyone all my posts will be with "tongue in cheek"!  Verbal jousting is right up my alley and (for wg) SC = Strategic Command, IMO ...simply the best strategic wargame out there, emphasis on "simple".

(in reply to BriteLite)
Post #: 9
RE: Shameless Exploits - 8/2/2011 6:23:32 AM   
Amadeus

Yes, Sea Monkey is completely right. The game is so handy to play but a simple fix of a train or hopefully a good AI couldn't be find at the moment. Thereby the game has the potential to be as good as SC.

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Shameless Exploits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI