Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Waterloo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Waterloo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Waterloo - 7/29/2011 4:36:47 PM   
Ande

Ok, so I've been reading a book, not only about the famous battle itself, but about the whole campaign around it. What really facinates me is the dynamics between concentrating units for battle, and spreading units for movement and thought it would make for a great AT scenario.

What I need is make the stackpenalty apply for all kinds of movements. As it is now, there is a penalty to move into hexes that had a battle with large stacks, and this penalty increases for every new battle in the hex on that turn. I'd like this penalty to increase for every unit that enter the hex, regardless whether there's been a battle or not. Preferably, this penalty should be increased before it is applied to the unit itself, that way you can't put all your forces in one unit and move it about as you please. I also like the size of this penalty to depend on what kind of terrain it is on, that way it could be possible to transport large forces on good roads that would completly clogg up the lesser roads.
Post #: 1
RE: Waterloo - 7/29/2011 8:31:21 PM   
Grymme

Ande: i am not sure, but i do not think this is possible in the current game version. However i read somewhere that the whole of earths population could fit into Gotland.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to Ande)
Post #: 2
RE: Waterloo - 7/30/2011 10:52:21 AM   
RufusTFirefly

Including the Chinese? Guess they alone would fil Gotland completely.

Anyway, a stack penalty would make sense as you cannt move an army when men stand as close together as a population of pinguines at south pole. And it makes sense to have a penalty for a unit that enters a hex that had been a battlefield before. Imagine a corps moving into a hex where remains of a battle (broken wagons and guns, groups of wounded soldiers and horses running around in fear) will make it difficult to march and to form a close line of attack. The different quality of raods is already represented by higher AP for movement - or do you think of something different, Ande?

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 3
RE: Waterloo - 8/2/2011 9:28:03 PM   
Ande

The AP cost for roadmovement represents the speed at which units can move, what I'm after is a representation of road capacity. If there is a road that 4 soldiers can walk in breadth, each row needs a space of 1 meter and the soldiers walks 5 kmh, then the maximum capacity of that road is about 20000 soldiers, or about a corps per hour and the corp is spread over 5 km and this is under very good circumstances.

In a game where the hexes represents tens of kilometers and the turns week, this might not have the greatest impact, but as soon as the scale drops only a little bit, these effects would become more apparent.

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Waterloo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI