Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Official OOB Scrub Status?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Official OOB Scrub Status? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Official OOB Scrub Status? - 12/31/2000 10:41:00 AM   
Polrbear

Could we possibly get an comment on the status and scope of the official OOB scrub that has been referenced in this forum since the release of version 4.0? In particular, how organized and comprehensive, relative to the exisitng game database, is the scrub. Also, are equipment/unit rating changes (not error corrction) made based on qualified sources or someones guess? Thanks

Post #: 1
- 12/31/2000 11:28:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

THere are two ways to do this - neither perfect. 1 - is to have some poor schmuck go off with about 40 books (or as I did, sit in a library with a laptop for a good long time) and try to do it themselves. THis has the advantage of consistancy, but the problem of "one guys take on things". And a plethora of typos... 2. Get a group together to tackle the job "by committee". THis has the advantage of a broader range of influences, but the problem of consistency and discipline (you get several people making conflicting changes). You really have to go through the OOBs in spreadsheet form and sort them different ways to get that to work, and assign folks to work different categories of characteristics. What we have tried no is a combo of the two, with a single OOB Kahuna (Warhorse) and a forum for anybody to put their two cent in. THe task of trying to research the detailed characterisitics of every sort of vehicle, gun and artillery piece used in WW2 is a daunting task, that likely will never be completed to the satisfaction of everyone. We keep plugging, hopefully things keep generally improving...

(in reply to Polrbear)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Official OOB Scrub Status? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI