Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uncommon Valor 2.0 patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Uncommon Valor 2.0 patch Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uncommon Valor 2.0 patch - 10/17/2002 5:26:28 AM   
Spooky

Hi

According to a Mike Wood's post in the WITP forum, he is now working on a 2.0 UV patch : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26883

Is it the new name of the forthcoming 1.5 patch (with the same improvements) or is it something different ?

Spooky

Post #: 1
- 10/17/2002 10:38:28 AM   
Matt Erickson

whens the patch coming out?

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 2
- 10/17/2002 10:54:40 AM   
pasternakski

You know, considering that this patch was promised for the beginning of October (and allegedly delayed because of problems bringing the new "high speed" servers on line), I suspect that a decision was made to turn this into a major revision (and probably the first and last such), so that attention could be turned once and for all to completion of WITP (and maybe other pending games).

The dearth of commentary from Matrix staff, considering how forthcoming they have been in the past, indicates to me that something's up (or, as in the case of Jennifer Lopez, some thong's up).

I am hoping that what's up is not a case of "cash flow blues." Note that Matrix/2by3 has not released a revenue-generating product since UV. They need some dough.

All I got to say is, "Let 'er rip, boys. I got my Visa card ready, and I'll buy 'er whatever she is." I NEED to keep these guys afloat, just like the USN needs to keep a heavily damaged carrier afloat in early '42.

You're my Yorktown, see?

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 3
- 10/17/2002 1:55:44 PM   
SwampYankee68

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]
I am hoping that what's up is not a case of "cash flow blues." Note that Matrix/2by3 has not released a revenue-generating product since UV. They need some dough.

All I got to say is, "Let 'er rip, boys. I got my Visa card ready, and I'll buy 'er whatever she is." I NEED to keep these guys afloat, just like the USN needs to keep a heavily damaged carrier afloat in early '42.

You're my Yorktown, see? [/B][/QUOTE]

It appears that Korsun Pocket will be the next one out the door ? - I could be wrong -. I'm hoping that even people "on the fence will pick it up just to keep Matrix viable and work on the new games going. I still think they could make some extra $ selling T-shirts, mugs, and such as someone had suggested in another forum area. One does wonder what the company's fiscal condition is....

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 4
- 10/17/2002 3:23:01 PM   
Matt Erickson

Gilp!:( i hope not uv is simply the best computer wargame or any other wargame that I have played I want more more more! they should just solicit uv players for cash I'll cough up!:cool:

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 5
- 10/17/2002 3:39:34 PM   
Matt Erickson

Last nights pbem turn was UNREAL! my landing at buna and subsequent resuppy was met by and inital carrier strike of ----->

17x wildcats
36x duauntless'
14x devastators'
vs.

89x zeros
4x rufes
11x zeros

results--------->15x wildcats shotdown
27xdauntless' shotdown
10x devastators shotdown

japanese losses--------->7x zeros damaged
2x rufes damaged
3x zeros damaged

BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that was just the beginning that airbattle raged all day in the end over 156alliedaircraft were shot down in bunas harbor...PHEW! my pilots are exhausted! thats why toward the end of the day they started taking pretty good losses but all in all I kicked some serious butt!...my losses over buna were about 32 If I remember correctly but that first ar battle was kick-*** noot one loss over fiftyTWO nailed:eek: BANZAI!....BANZAI!....BANZAI!

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 6
- 10/17/2002 3:50:31 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

The patch will be released soon. Its still be assembled. As to whats in it and what it's called, you will all have to wait for the offical announcement. :D

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 7
- 10/17/2002 4:15:51 PM   
Matt Erickson

god I hope I can port it to my exisiting pbem game:confused:

Please Please Please!

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 8
- 10/17/2002 9:52:57 PM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]The patch will be released soon. Its still be assembled. As to whats in it and what it's called, you will all have to wait for the offical announcement. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Ross, we're an impatient bunch, see? That's what you get for giving us such great products and support ... we just can't get enough soon enough.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 9
- 10/17/2002 10:04:33 PM   
Von Rom

[B]The patch will be released soon. Its still be assembled. As to whats in it and what it's called, you will all have to wait for the offical announcement. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Matrix is one of the few companies that has provided such a great level of support for their games.

UV just keeps getting better.

Thanks for all the work, and for listening to our unending gripes. . . :)

Cheers!

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 10
Great News! - 10/17/2002 11:16:10 PM   
WW2'er

Ross,

Can't wait for that update/patch!

Knowing Matrix, they have used these "extra" weeks in October to provide us with some extra goodies. I'm very much looking forward to the announcement. I hope it's released for the weekend!

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 11
Comments on the patch... - 10/18/2002 12:46:08 AM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

First, we're doing fine, we're still around and will be. We are all extremely busy, I'd guess that's the main reason we haven't been around the forums as much. Personally, I've moved 90% of my time back over to Battlefields! with the rest spent between UV and helping to manage the company. As you know, it's been five months since UV was released and we are continuing to support it and sales are still excellent. However, new projects do and must take up more of our time and UV has already received far more support than the vast majority of similar titles. It could easily be considered finished today - by many accounts, it could have been considered finished with 1.00 or 1.10-1.20. However, it holds as special a place for us at Matrix and 2 by 3 as it does for you and UV time continues to be allocated for the programmers when available. Nevertheless, keeping up the pace of 1.1 - 1.4 is simply not possible for a company of our size if we want to finish some new games as well.

Korsun Pocket, Battlefields!, War in the Pacific, Titans of Steel, etc. all are making excellent progress. We'll release them when they are ready, which will hopefully be in the next few months.

Similarly, the patch is making excellent progress and will be released when it is ready. I wouldn't start camping out just yet, but it's close. :)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 12
Re: Comments on the patch... - 10/18/2002 2:03:52 AM   
Admiral DadMan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Gentlemen,

...I wouldn't start camping out just yet, but it's close. :)

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]
Ok, so who's bringing the hot dogs?

(We are badly underestimated ;)

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 13
Re: Re: Comments on the patch... - 10/18/2002 4:22:42 AM   
Von Rom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral DadMan
[B]
Ok, so who's bringing the hot dogs?

(We are badly underestimated ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Not me. But at least I brought the camping chairs. . .

Someone needs to bring a laptop, so we can play UV while we wait. . .

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 14
Don't forget the.. - 10/18/2002 10:11:30 AM   
RevRick

Fosters, Beans and Bourbon, errr, oops... Special ingredient.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 15
- 10/18/2002 11:38:59 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

There is a really great new feature in the patch to. It will .................................................... :D

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 16
- 10/18/2002 11:53:27 AM   
rlc27

....allow you to apply electrical shocks of varying intensity (Painful to XXX) to teasing Matrix forum moderators, simply via your internet connection. :p

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 17
- 10/18/2002 12:20:17 PM   
XPav

[B]There is a really great new feature in the patch to. It will .................................................... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

...make piles of money for Matrix so they can buy Ferraris for all forum members as a gesture of gratitude?

I love it when a plan comes together.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 18
- 10/18/2002 12:23:57 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XPav
[B]

...make piles of money for Matrix so they can buy Ferraris for all forum members as a gesture of gratitude? [/B][/QUOTE]

Please nothing we 4 wheels. I have a bent for 3 wheelers and 2 wheelers.. So maybe a nice 1800cc Gold Wing with double adult sidecar please. And a Vincent Blackshadow. :)

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 19
- 10/18/2002 12:25:48 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlc27
[B]....allow you to apply electrical shocks of varying intensity (Painful to XXX) to teasing Matrix forum moderators, simply via your internet connection. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO.. I like that one... Now I know why my hair stands on ends at times. To think I thought it was the Art of War forum that did that. :p

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 20
- 10/18/2002 12:30:06 PM   
rlc27

Nope, that was me :rolleyes:

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 21
- 10/18/2002 3:56:58 PM   
pcpilot2

You guys have made my day! LOL! Glad to hear that UV is still a part of your operations though we all I think understand you have other kettles on the fire. This upcoming patch has really got me intrigued. :)

I am also looking forward to WITP. If it is half as good as UV you guys will be sittin pretty. You might even be able to get that vincent Ross...:D

PS. Hey Matt, I had a very similar battle but it was the US LRCAP defending a fleet next to finchaven (sic) blockading the port. The Jap air attack was met by a very strong CAP and were whupped bad! It was a glorious day for Allied air. ;)

I Love this country...

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 22
- 10/18/2002 4:55:44 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XPav :
...make piles of money for Matrix so they can buy Ferraris for all forum members as a gesture of gratitude?[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish [URL=http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/tuomas.seijavuori/]here[/URL] :D but I need help from them. I can tell they are very busy, as Erik said, because Mr Heath haven't had time to put up the above link to the [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/estore/category.cgi?category=locator&showall=1]Store Locator[/URL] page. And I'm not sure know who else should I send the information to. Can any of you forum moderators do that for me? I'd really appreciate. I've got logo graphics and everything ready for you.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 23
Seriously... - 10/18/2002 6:30:42 PM   
RevRick

It will allow me to prioritize the ships getting repair/refit in the ports in the theater of action. I need the N. Carolina along side the Vestal at this moment if you please, and I really don't care if that AV has a problem with their ice cream maker right now.

I presume the repair facilities in ports represents the repair ships and tenders which were afloat in the theater more than the intrinsic capability of some ports. If that is not the case, I would think that Sydney would be a whole lot better at this sort of thing than Noumea.

And while we are at it - it occurs to me that most of the PT's used Allison engines. Ergo, if the P40's and the, uuhmnmph - P39's - can fly from a base with no fueling capacity for ships, why can't the PT's operate?

And finally - it will by random generation of square root of integral numbers allow one, and only one PC, at the turn of the leap year, to actually successfully attack an IJN submarine. This will happen because the USS Enterprise NCC-1701E stumbled into a brown dwarf and was time warped back into 1942 or so, and the IPS taps were so scrambled by the warp field effect that the onboard computer system actually used the holodeck imaging to divinely (as it were) show the presence of a submarine to a young aspiring science fiction writer stationed aboard the PC on the primitive detection devices of the time. The young man, acting upon impulse salvoed all of his available ASW weps because of the utter shock of the vision, and scored a verifiable hit. This was later corrected by disconnecting the computer holo image from the PC's sonar screen to avoid a further violation of the Prime Directive.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 24
- 10/18/2002 7:05:50 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

[B]There is a really great new feature in the patch to. It will .................................................... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

He who solves this mystery
should receive a free copy
of WITP...

It will allow mid-ocean interception?

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 25
- 10/18/2002 7:24:30 PM   
chrisp

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlc27
[B]"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it was Spotsylvania :)

Chris P
Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 26
- 10/18/2002 9:01:18 PM   
Sonny

Allow you to prioritize your naval attack targets so your bombers don't get chewed to pieces attacking an AP unloading in a well protected port while a bombardment TF steams its way unmolested into your port and blows up the runway and radio shack and mess tent and latrine and....:mad:

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 27
- 10/18/2002 10:47:36 PM   
Basement Command

[QUOTE]And a Vincent Blackshadow[/QUOTE]

"Red hair and Black Leather, that's my favorite colour scheme...." Richard Thompson from 1952 Vincent Black Lightning

The only skills I have the patience to learn are those that have no practical application in real life.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 28
Re: Seriously... - 10/19/2002 1:46:27 AM   
Toro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RevRick
[B]And finally - it will by random generation of square root of integral numbers allow one, and only one PC, at the turn of the leap year, to actually successfully attack an IJN submarine. This will happen because the USS Enterprise NCC-1701E stumbled ...[/B][/QUOTE]

Rev, have a seat, relax... You're beginning to scare me. :D

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 29
- 10/19/2002 1:54:46 AM   
dpstafford

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LargeSlowTarget
[B]It will allow mid-ocean interception? [/B][/QUOTE]
Oh, I hope not......

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Uncommon Valor 2.0 patch Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI