Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet early game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet early game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet earl... - 8/15/2011 3:37:11 AM   
evilknight

If i build a colony ship at a planet with race X on it and its different from the dominat race will race X be on the colony ship or will the dominate race? and what if there are multiple races present?

Also I'd like to see more events
Also would like to see some more options in diplomacy screen

Peace love and dissarray to all and to all an evilknight!!

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 31
RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet earl... - 8/15/2011 8:33:05 AM   
Data

it depends, not all races can colonize all environments until you research the proper tech so the colony ship will contain the pop than can colonize the destination. In case both can than the colony ship will have pop from race X. If you have multiple populations on the same planet than pop from the majority will be on board afaik.
This can be tested by building colony ships in these scenarios, the setup can be done via the editor.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to evilknight)
Post #: 32
RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet earl... - 8/19/2011 12:23:20 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: evilknight

If i build a colony ship at a planet with race X on it and its different from the dominat race will race X be on the colony ship or will the dominate race? and what if there are multiple races present?

Also I'd like to see more events
Also would like to see some more options in diplomacy screen

As Data said - understand that later in the game, the colony ships can end up being built pretty much anywhere. I haven't had consistent results with my experiments. It SEEMS to choose the closest planet with a race that can colonize that type of planet (if you've studied the colonization type, then that means -ANY- planet over the 500m threshold).

And no, there's no way to control this on an empire level. The only way is tried and true "micromanagement". Build colony ships and send them there manually.

(in reply to evilknight)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> RE: Is there a downside to colonizing every planet early game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI