Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Near Future....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: The Near Future.... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/9/2011 8:42:11 PM   
Mad Russian

About PCO rumors...when we can we discuss what the team is doing. Before the announcement of PCO with the development situation there wasn't always a time when we could be open with the community. There is also, "Too Many Cooks Spoil the Brew" and "The Buck Stops Here".

We look at all the recommendations but in the end somebody has to make the decisions about what goes and what stays.

We're trying to keep the game moving forward as well as keeping you guys informed.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 61
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 7:31:26 PM   
Jacko

Perhaps it is time to do the informing bit now, Mad Russian, and tell us when the patch can be expected. And perhaps you can give us an impression of what it will include. Please?

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 62
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 7:47:37 PM   
Mad Russian

I don't know when the patch will be released. Only Erik knows that.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 63
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 8:02:13 PM   
Jacko

Well then, torture him if necessary. Kidnap his dog or his computer. Make him speak.  

< Message edited by Jacko -- 8/11/2011 8:08:51 PM >

Post #: 64
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 8:19:16 PM   
Jafele

I find interesting the possible option of a "construction kit" for the future. You could even play pre WWII battles.

My favourite war period is ancient or medieval age, however a good engine using WEGO system is the first priority to me. Basically, there are no pre WWII wargames using WEGO. It could attract to many frutrated gamers to PCO. So, everybody would be happy: gamers, designers and Matrix . Once the "construction kit" is finished, designers could make expansions instead of a not neccesary new game. The possibilities are endless...

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 65
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 8:52:38 PM   
Jacko

Yes, but unfortunately so are the number of things to spend your time on. Who has time for such expansions? First the foundation of this game has to be solid, then perhaps other and bigger things will follow. 

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 66
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 9:07:45 PM   
sztartur2

First would be reasonable to make an excellent WWII game with all the features missing now implemented.This game by being fully moddable then can evolve itself to what the gamers want. Easy to do pre WWII or post WWII , WWI.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 67
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 9:56:43 PM   
Jacko

Hmmm, easy to do... And we have to find the people who want to spend their time and energy on it first...

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 68
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/11/2011 10:22:05 PM   
sztartur2

All things are relative...

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 69
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/12/2011 1:33:32 AM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

Hmmm, easy to do... And we have to find the people who want to spend their time and energy on it first...

That is one thing I learned with BBC Battlefield Academy. There are a lot of wanters, but not very many doers. That game is wide open and only a few 3d models have been made by fans. The models are very low poly so you don't need to be very good at it. Then you need the graphic talent to paint the skin. And the time and desire.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 70
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/12/2011 3:35:11 AM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

That is one thing I learned with BBC Battlefield Academy. There are a lot of wanters, but not very many doers. That game is wide open and only a few 3d models have been made by fans. The models are very low poly so you don't need to be very good at it. Then you need the graphic talent to paint the skin. And the time and desire.

Precisely. And I'm a wanter. I like to make scenarios, but that's just about it. I even don't want to make the map myself. We are all too lazy and too busy, which is perfectly understandable. But that mentality doesn't get things done unfortunately. It is why I admire the doers so much.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 71
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/17/2011 10:29:45 AM   
Joe McQuay

It is wonderful to decide more mature buddies (comrades) reconnecting.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 72
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/5/2011 2:21:41 PM   
Kurt Knispel

G'day everyone. After reading several comments about how this forum is "dead", I thought, I'd register just to show my support.

I've been war-gaming since prehistoric times; starting out on Airfix figurines, while still a snot-nosed brat. Later, I progressed to boardgames (anyone else old enough to remember Panzer Leader?). Finally, I discovered the wonderful world of computers. I think, my very first PC wargames were "Wargame Construction Set: Tanks" and "Carriers at War."

I love sinking my teeth into a good tactical or strategic game. One day, I might even finish Gary Grigsby's War in the Pacific - or at least War in the East. Whenever I get stuck into one of those two, sooner or later life interferes and - I don't find time for months on end. ah well.

One series of games, which kept me amused for years, were the various incarnations of Steel Panthers. And then I upgraded to Vista (blecch) and later Windows 7. No more Panthers..........

Plenty of other military simulations out there to keep one amused, but now and then I always felt a yearning for SP.

Most of the newer games were RTS. Pretty, for sure, but I'm just not a fan of frantically clicking all over the screen. I like to sit back, sip my coffee, come up with a brilliant battle-plan, press play - and watch it all fall apart at the first cross-roads..........

And then - a few days ago - I stumbled across PCO. Hm - sounded good. Tried the Demo. Played like I would have played a Steel Panthers game - and got my a**e handed to me on a platter. Whoohoo! Bought the game and I've been playing it every spare moment for a couple of days now.

(finally he gets to the point)

Ok - the graphics aren't the spiffiest. But I recently played a demo with great graphics - and lousy gameplay.
Some things could certainly be improved. Most have been mentioned on the forum.

But the game has great potential, and for now - it seems to work great. I've encountered no bugs yet. I did have a performance issue, which disappeared as mysteriously as it showed up. Other than that, I'm loving it.

Finally, I'm thinking that a "quiet" forum is better than one where most people have many complaints to air.

So, having done my tiny bit to wave the flag, thanks for reading this far - and Happy Hunting!

"Ich hatt' einen Kameraden...."

Post #: 73
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/5/2011 3:24:30 PM   
junk2drive

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the forum.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Kurt Knispel)
Post #: 74
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/5/2011 9:04:53 PM   
Jafele

Welcome to this forum! Yes, the game is GREAT and the community/designers too as you can see. We like to be quiet, just thinking and playing .

< Message edited by Jafele -- 9/5/2011 9:06:21 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 75
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 12:08:43 AM   
sztartur2

Any hint about the progress and topic of the "other" things?

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 76
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 3:25:52 AM   
Mad Russian

Ah, Kurt Knispel, the greatest German tank gunner of WWII. That's quite a handle to choose and try to back up!

Panzer Leader? That was way late in the series of games bought and played. D-Day, Stalingrad, Panzer Blitz all came before PL.

Glad to see that you're enjoying the game.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 77
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 4:04:46 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Sztartur,

We were hoping to have a possible final build for the update today, but we're now hoping for Monday. This would be the final internal build. After that there would still be one last public beta and then the official release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 78
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 10:18:48 AM   
ComradeP

For the record, I'm also still reading this forum and will probably start a "7th Panzer rides again" AAR (or possibly a 1st Panzer AAR) when the update is released.

I could update the current AAR with 18 more battles (played a few months ago), as I seem to have forgotten to do so earlier.

I don't mind quiet forums, as I know that behind the scenes people are working on improvements.

What did bug me was that members of the team/Matrix implied or promised around release that there would be a patch fairly soon. There was one, but that didn't cover all of the issues spotted around release and it's now September and it's still not there. Nothing scares people away more than broken promises, so if you don't know when a patch is coming, just don't promise it's coming "soon".

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 79
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 10:25:51 AM   
sztartur2

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

For the record, I'm also still reading this forum and will probably start a "7th Panzer rides again" AAR (or possibly a 1st Panzer AAR) when the update is released.

I could update the current AAR with 18 more battles (played a few months ago), as I seem to have forgotten to do so earlier.

Sounds like we shall have some good reading . Additionally you will also have reasonably realistic artillery, no uber katyushas any more.

It's a pity you did not update the last 18 battles.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 80
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 10:33:07 AM   
ComradeP

I do have the screenshots, so provided I can find the notepad where I kept track of the kills/casualties/medals, I'll update the AAR this weekend with those 18 battles.

What was really becoming annoying wasn't the Katyusha's, as I could just restart the mission when hit by those, but having to mop up about a Rifle battalion in almost every mission, with tank MG's not automatically engaging enemy units, which in turn meant that battles took much longer than they normally would, as I had to assign targets for every tank in every phase.

More Soviet tanks, a more reasonable amount of Soviet infantry and MG's that automatically target enemy units would seriously improve the game, and it was my understanding that a more proper unit balance for random campaigns and more functional MG's were coming in the patch.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 9/10/2011 10:38:40 AM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 81
RE: The Near Future.... - 9/10/2011 5:35:59 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

More Soviet tanks, a more reasonable amount of Soviet infantry and MG's that automatically target enemy units would seriously improve the game, and it was my understanding that a more proper unit balance for random campaigns and more functional MG's were coming in the patch.

The auto-targetting of MGs has been at least partially fixed in the patch. Though right now it is only auto-targetting if it runs out of all main gun ammo. One of the items we're tyring to incorporate into the final patch is auto-targetting the MG even if unit is not out of all main gun ammo.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: The Near Future.... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI