Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Das darf nicht var sein!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/17/2011 8:41:21 PM   
Ulua

I must apologize for the seemingly overzealousness of my analysis. I understand you are playing this campaign for yourself, first and foremost, and if you are enjoying it then it really shouldn't matter what the peanut gallery thinks.
It's just that it's hard to find a skilled player that 1) is inclined to write up an AAR and 2) writes in ways that is engaging to the audience, that so far doesn't seem to be tested to his utmost.

At this time, it appears then, that the payoff of this waiting game would be an all-out (and perhaps successful) Jpn attack at Palembang within 6 months to put the game back into this game. With that hope in mind, I will proceed to read on.

If I have no Avatar, do I exist?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1441
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/17/2011 8:46:06 PM   
Canoerebel

Right.  Sometime in the next two or three months, this game is going to be decided in a big way - it's got to be a massive and successful IJ attack on Fortress Sumatra.  Anything else - a failed attack or a failure to attack - will mean utter defeat for Japan.  So the table has been set.  All that we're waiting for now is Steve to come to dinner.

(in reply to Ulua)
Post #: 1442
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/17/2011 9:06:50 PM   
paullus99

Make sure he brings the Chianti & Fava Beans......

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1443
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/18/2011 2:23:28 AM   
vettim89

Dan,

Don't forget the IJN has woefully few true amphibious ships. They have only a handful of true AP's and a couple of LSD's. Retaking the bases in the CentPac will be a very tough row for him to hoe. While not all the neat mid/late war toys you will get, the USN AP's and AK's are invaluable at this point of the war.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 1444
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/18/2011 2:59:32 PM   
wpurdom

It seems the two big differences between your approach and Nemo's were that you split the defense between Singapore and Sumatra and, of course, you didn't undertake his audacious invasion of the Marshalls.

Any comment in hindsight on retaining a sizable garrison in Singapore? Do you think it helped hide the Palemabng gambit or was it a waste of troops?

If you have time to comment, I'd also like to hear about the mechanics of your move-management. What is the range of time spent on moves and has that varied over the three games - Miller, Q-ball and this one? Do you have a pattern of long and short duration moves? Now that you're doing pilot management is it proving as burdensome as you feared?

Finally, have you tried out michealm's Beta? It seems to me that michealm's innovations have changed pilot micromanagement into millimanagement or maybe even centimanagement (eliminating pressing need for a click fest, though you can still gain tiny advantages moving pilots one by one).

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 1445
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/18/2011 3:13:41 PM   
Canoerebel

Ordinarily, I would say an Allied player planning to pull a Fortress Palembang should get as many troops from Singers to Palembang as early as possible (the Nemo Method). 

I didn't follow the Nemo Method here, though.  I played a hunch that defending Singapore might buy the Allies more time in both Sumatra and to prepare defenses in India, should that prove necessary.  I guessed right, and holding Singapore proved incredibly helpful, both as a buffer to Sumatra and giving me time to do all kinds of things in the Bay of Bengal - holding Port Blair, re-invading Sabang, and invading Moulmein/Tavoy.  All of that resulted in great delay to and losses for Japan.  But I was really the beneficiary of Steve's rather laid-back approach to Singers.

We're playing just one turn a day in this game, which means I'm devoting a heck of alot more time to individual turns than I did in the game with Miller (we were playing two-day turns and sometimes cranking out five or six turns a day) or Q-Ball (early on, we were cranking out two to four turns a day).  Consequently, in this game I've given far more attention to detail and planning.  I've played a much tighter game and in nearly all ways enjoyed it more (though it's hard not to love the adrenaline rush of "chess on a 30-minute clock" like I did in the other two games).

I still don't like pilot management, though I've forced myself to do it.  It's not quite as burdensome at this pace, but I don't enjoy it.

I don't think we're playing with the Beta patch.  I've heard only good things about it, but we haven't even discussed it.  (If we are using it, then I"m obviously a bit of an ignoramus about what I'm doing.)

You didn't ask, but one other comment.  We are playing with PDU off, which has seriously impeded the ability of both sides to upgrade aircraft.  I suspect this has affected Steve much more than it has me.  To this point, there's been none of the "Japanese Star Wars" aura that really detracted (in my opinion) from the first two games I played.  On the one hand, Scenario Two gives Japan alot more to play with.  But PDU-off seems to have reigned in the excesses of unlimited top-notch IJ fighters two generations ahead of the Allied fighters that are present in very finite quantities anyhow.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/18/2011 3:15:49 PM >

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 1446
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/18/2011 3:23:08 PM   
Canoerebel

6/20/42

Japanese Amphibious Capability (in reply to Vettim):  Tim, I'm really interested in seeing how a massive IJ invasion of Palembang, Oosthaven, or Benkolen goes (assuming Steve tries it).  With the invasion bonus expired; attrition to Japanese transports; plentiful shore guns, forts and garrisons; and the likelihood of the Allies committing massed air forces and combat ships; the entire affair should be pretty messy.

CenPac:  Another failed IJ shock attack at Nauru.  A Jap CL/DD force is roaming the seas east of Tarawa.  This is bad news as the Allies have multiple small transport TFs making their final runs in to various bases.  On the other hand, I wouldn't mind catching that TF with Wasp (which is still six days away from theater).  If that were to happen, it would force/entice Steve to commit his Mini-KB to the Gilberts while Wasp would sprint off to NoPac to assist with the pending Kuriles reinforcement operation.  So I may dangle some bait around Tarawa.

SoPac:  No sign of IJ intentions to reinforce Pago Pago.

DEI:  The Japanese army still hasn't made it to Batavia.  At least one large element of the KB is sighted by patrols east of Kuantan in the South China Sea.  I don't know what it's doing there.

Burma:  The Japanese managed to finally claim Tavoy, wiping out the Allied "garrison" of three squads detached from 6th Indian Brigade.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1447
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 2:00:43 AM   
princep01

CR, you might love to see it, but, I will be shocked if the Japanese try an amphibious assault in southern Sumatra. Maybe he feels that desparate, but I don't think so. Your opponent has done some things in the game that defy solid play, but any sort of landing in southern Sumtra is going to be a collossal and one sided bloody affair. Honestly, I think the Japanese know that and will come from the northern part of the island if he comes at all. He may first try to "surround" it fully by taking Christmas and Cocos however. He may have grander views in mind like taking those islands and Ceylon, but a direct assault by sea on s. Sumatra will be a sure loser.

However, the time for trying is at hand. The fortress just keeps getting stronger. We shall see.

Sadly my AE, scenario 1 game ended at the end of June 5, 1942 when my esteemed opponents just got too busy to continue. Should anyone be interested in playing the Japanese in a scenario 1 game after the Beta is turned into an official patch, contact me at princep01@yahoo.com.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1448
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 2:28:11 AM   
zuluhour

CR, It was this AAR that got me really into WITP. From my perspective, you are playing the game, the game is not playing you. Its a step I hope to take. I like your style southern man. I hope the emperor throws back a couple of Saki s and comes hard. I'm betting on it. Whoa, I'm not sure that sounded right.
ps maybe your relatives got a peek at mine at Fair Oaks or Antietam. We don't say Sharpsburg. If it was Fair Oaks they probably only saw their packpacks. sorry for the digression.

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 1449
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:48:37 AM   
Canoerebel

zuluhour, thank you for the kind words, which are much appreciated. Now, about Sharpsburg/Antietam, let me tell you a true story....

The gentleman to the left (my avatar photo) is Lt. Col. Emory F. Best, 23rd Georgia Infantry Regiment. At the start of the Battle of Sharpsburg, he was second in command of his regiment, which was in General Alfred H. Colquitt's Georgia Brigade, D.H. Hill's Division.

While sharply engaged in the Sunken Road and in the Cornfield at Antietam, the 23rd's commanding officer, William Barclay, was killed. Lt. Col. Best assumed command of the regiment, only to take a serious injury. He was taken captive and later permitted to go into Baltimore, where this photo was taken just before he was paroled.

He returned to command the 23rd Georgia at the Battle of Chancellorsville, where most of the regiment was captured; all but Best and some 25 troops. Best was court-martialled and dismissed from the Confederate Army for his "shameful conduct" at Chancellorsville.

One of these days, when I go to meet my maker, I hope to have a chance to meet a few folks to ask them some questions. One is the Apostle Paul (so, what was that "thorn" in his side?). Another is Col. Best. I'd really like to know if he acted cowardly, as some of his men claimed, or if he was instead a brave officer whose actions were misrepresented by other men who wanted to take his position.

After the war, Best was appointed a city judge in Macon, Georgia, by Governor Alfred H. Colquitt, the same man who had approved the charges so that the court martial could proceed. But for most of the last 20 years of his life, Best worked in the Interior Department in Washington, D.C. He died without any children.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/19/2011 4:49:49 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1450
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:57:37 AM   
Canoerebel

Princep, I'm anxious to see what strategy Steve ultimately chooses.  I guess my money might be on a land campaign from Sibolga or Padang, though supply would be a huge problem over that network of roads.

The only other option to truly take Sumatra is to invade Palembang, Oosthaven, or Benkolen.  Any of those is going to be very, very difficult.

You're probably right that he'll first try to truly isolate eastern Sumatra.  He can certainly take Sibolga and Padang by land.  He'll soon have Batavia and Merak to the east.  He can take lightly defended Christmas Island. 

But Cocos Island will be a different proposition.  The Allies currently have 100 AV behind three forts with another 75 AV and engineers on the way.  An aggressive move on Cocos will require Steve to commit the KB, and that will give the Allies a crack at it (or at least at the amphibious ships).

Cocos is currently a level two airfield on the way to level three.  When the combat engineers and EAB arrive in the coming weeks, building will accelerate.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1451
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 2:24:34 PM   
Canoerebel

Steve couldn't do a turn for today and I'll be gone the next two days, so no further reports until Monday.

On a personal note, we are taking our oldest child (daughter) to college 3.5 hours from home this weekend.  This is coming as a huge shock to the system.  It's exciting and fun, but daunting and unsettling and (I have to admit) very, very sad.  In fact, I think it may be one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with, and I just didn't see it coming in this way. Somebody should have prepared me - perhaps it should be a class in college or lessons you get before you go about conceiving children.  For when I left for college many years ago, all I felt was excitement and adventure.  I had no idea I was leaving behind parents who were excited and glad and very, very sad.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1452
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:23:47 PM   
House Stark

Will supply definitely be an issue for him on those roads? I'm just remembering Rader's overland trek to Port Moresby in Greyjoy's AAR. I don't know if your opponent would try any shenanigans like that, but it seems theoretically possible.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1453
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:32:47 PM   
Cribtop

Dan, you have me projecting about 14 years into the future with that comment. Gulp.

Especially since I remember my first day at college. I had two thoughts in my mind: 1) when will my parents leave me to my new found freedom? 2) GIRLS!!!!

Scary and sobering stuff, but also all part of the seasons of a life. Hard to do it from the other side.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1454
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:36:47 PM   
John 3rd

Dan: Thanks for sharing the story of your avatar. I don't think you've ever done that before. Appreciate it!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1455
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 4:57:03 PM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Steve couldn't do a turn for today and I'll be gone the next two days, so no further reports until Monday.

On a personal note, we are taking our oldest child (daughter) to college 3.5 hours from home this weekend.  This is coming as a huge shock to the system.  It's exciting and fun, but daunting and unsettling and (I have to admit) very, very sad.  In fact, I think it may be one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with, and I just didn't see it coming in this way. Somebody should have prepared me - perhaps it should be a class in college or lessons you get before you go about conceiving children.  For when I left for college many years ago, all I felt was excitement and adventure.  I had no idea I was leaving behind parents who were excited and glad and very, very sad.

Dan,

Experienced the exact thing last year. Never told my oldest that her old man get pretty choked up after I sent her off. This year is easier but still tough. She was not the same person when she returned in May. Nothing bad or extraordinary but just a hell of a lot more independent. Good luck old man

Tim

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1456
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 5:00:11 PM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: House Stark
Will supply definitely be an issue for him on those roads? I'm just remembering Rader's overland trek to Port Moresby in Greyjoy's AAR. I don't know if your opponent would try any shenanigans like that, but it seems theoretically possible.

That's the million dollar question. I confess I don't know. I watched rader's march across the Owen Stanleys with alarm, but I've also seen situation where it was very difficult to draw supply over bad terrain (Assam and NW Oz being two examples).

I would say there's a grave threat that massive IJ supply stacks at Medan, Sabang, etc. might spread through non-base hexes while leaving base hexes short (this often seems to the be the case in China and NW OZ in games that I've played).

If Steve brings 15 divisions across Sumatra's yellow-road system, it will be a different kind of battle. The advance will take awhile, especially since the Allies will use B-17s for harrassment purposes. Too, the Allies will see it coming and can configure their defenses to make stands at the optimal points. Third, the campaign would of necessity drag out a long time, possibly putting the Allies in the position of strongly reinforcing Sumatra.

If Japan keeps the KB posted around Sumatra, the Allies can take advantage elsewhere. If Japan diverts the KB elsewhere, there's not way Japan can impose a blockade.

So, no matter what happens, Japan faces some very difficult choices now.

What do I take from this? If I'm the Japanese payer, I'm going to attend to Palembang in December 1941 or January 1942.

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 1457
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 5:01:19 PM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89
Experienced the exact thing last year. Never told my oldest that her old man get pretty choked up after I sent her off. This year is easier but still tough. She was not the same person when she returned in May. Nothing bad or extraordinary but just a hell of a lot more independent. Good luck old man
Tim

Thanks, Tim. It helps to know others went through this and felt similarly.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 1458
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 9:10:56 PM   
whippleofd

quote:

Thanks, Tim. It helps to know others went through this and felt similarly.

Been there, done that brother Southerner! My youngest (I have girl, boy, girl) went off to college last year and there were plenty of tears to go around between her mom and I. She was basically, "move me and leave me", and I took that as us having raised her right in true southern fashion: Be independent in your thoughts and actions; and, never have to depend on someone else to take care of you.

With all of them we were there to help them through the mistakes they made. Kids need the freedom to make their own decisions, all the while knowing mom and dad are there to pick them up when the kids prove they really don't know everything. It's an exciting time for all concerned as our little rebels venture out into the world.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1459
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 9:21:17 PM   
Canoerebel

Thanks, Whipple.  I'm amazed at how good it is to hear other dads say they went through the same feelings.

My daughter is a very smart, very conservative, strong-willed young lady.  We used to say:  "She'd argue with a cat if she thought it ought to bark like a dog."  She's definately a genuine southerner ready to be unleashed upon the world.

(in reply to whippleofd)
Post #: 1460
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/19/2011 9:51:24 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

On a personal note, we are taking our oldest child (daughter) to college 3.5 hours from home this weekend. This is coming as a huge shock to the system. It's exciting and fun, but daunting and unsettling and (I have to admit) very, very sad. In fact, I think it may be one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with, and I just didn't see it coming in this way. Somebody should have prepared me - perhaps it should be a class in college or lessons you get before you go about conceiving children. For when I left for college many years ago, all I felt was excitement and adventure. I had no idea I was leaving behind parents who were excited and glad and very, very sad.

Doing the same next week with daughter #2. Daughter #1 is coming home to attend graduate school but she when she away it was a lot closer. It's 8 hours away with air travel not an option. That's a long way to be from my little girl. Her and her mom need a little separation at this point to appreciate each other. Tough on me though, but it's time. In this economy away at school is a good place to be. You have done your best with her, it is time, and she will be fine. You have email and Skype and instant messenger and she will be back for Thanksgiving I'm sure. Congratulations to you and the Mrs. for getting her ready for this.

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1461
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/20/2011 1:15:12 AM   
kfsgo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: House Stark

That's the million dollar question. I confess I don't know. I watched rader's march across the Owen Stanleys with alarm, but I've also seen situation where it was very difficult to draw supply over bad terrain (Assam and NW Oz being two examples).

I would say there's a grave threat that massive IJ supply stacks at Medan, Sabang, etc. might spread through non-base hexes while leaving base hexes short (this often seems to the be the case in China and NW OZ in games that I've played).

If Steve brings 15 divisions across Sumatra's yellow-road system, it will be a different kind of battle. The advance will take awhile, especially since the Allies will use B-17s for harrassment purposes. Too, the Allies will see it coming and can configure their defenses to make stands at the optimal points. Third, the campaign would of necessity drag out a long time, possibly putting the Allies in the position of strongly reinforcing Sumatra.

If Japan keeps the KB posted around Sumatra, the Allies can take advantage elsewhere. If Japan diverts the KB elsewhere, there's not way Japan can impose a blockade.

So, no matter what happens, Japan faces some very difficult choices now.

What do I take from this? If I'm the Japanese payer, I'm going to attend to Palembang in December 1941 or January 1942.

Supplies...well, this is the supply cost map for Medan, for example:

I forget what the 2 flow/4 flow limits are, but iirc any hex above 30 will draw supply at least once per week. Since there are no supply limits and bases closer than Medan to Southern Sumatra exist, I'd say it'd be perfectly possible, supply-wise. Of course, it'd also take at least two months for an infantry LCU to make the trip from Medan to Palembang, and that's in move mode, which you can bomb'em out of...do you have any small LCUs you can push north of Padang/Pakanbaru? Seems like a situation where it'd be useful to have a small force on the spot, if only to tell you what's coming.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1462
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 8:40:32 PM   
Canoerebel

6/21/42

Mission Accomplished:  We "delivered' our daughter to college yesterday.  Today, she's with a group hiking in Great Smokey Mountains Naitonal Park and reports making "many new friends already."  That's music to my ears, but I wanna tell you, yesterday was one of the hardest days I've ever gone through.  But I think the patient is now well on his way to making a complete recovery.

The Game: One of the quietest turns of the war.  The only things worth reporting:

KB:  Part or all of the KB remains stationed east of the middle-Malaya peninsula.  I have no idea what it's doing up there, but I'm glad to be able to keep tabs on it.

CenPac:  I-175 put a TT into an xAK carrying part of an EAB to Tarawa.  The Japanese CL/DD force is still cruising in waters where alot of Allied transports TFs want to transit in the short term.  Warspite TF has refueld at Christmas Island and will be back in the area in two days.  Wasp TF will reach Christmas tomorrow or the day after to refuel.  I feel certain a Mini-KB force is on the way to this theater.  All of this suggests that a major clash could happen.  There's risk in moving into an escalating meeting engagement, but I'm willing to take some risk on. In part, that's because the Allies have a very strong grip on Tarawa, meaning we're fighting in waters that are no better than neutral for Japan, and which could actually be hostile.  The Baker Island invasion force is well south of Pearl.  D-Day in about six to eight days.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 8/21/2011 8:41:34 PM >

(in reply to kfsgo)
Post #: 1463
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 8:53:43 PM   
Cribtop

If he split his CVs, you could be headed for a big win in the Gilberts.

Glad to hear you got through Operation Dropoff. Not to panic you again, but do remember that statistically speaking about half of those "many many new friends" are college boys.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1464
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 9:27:31 PM   
Fishbed

Well, even split down to a couple CVs, a Japanese CarDiv could very well overwhelm tiny Wasp, even backed up with some Marine planes on an airstrip, and chew up a BB force. I wouldn't intervene without better knowledge of where it is. Canoerebel, I kinda fear you may be feeling the first signs of addiction to victory disease too, even if these are only fumes so far

Best wishes of success for Mademoiselle Canoerebel at College! Hope everything will be fine for her!

< Message edited by Fishbed -- 8/21/2011 9:28:24 PM >

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1465
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 10:53:35 PM   
Cribtop

Wow, Fishbed. Me too. You know, I forgot CR only had Wasp there. Keeping CVs together is such an article of faith sometimes that I forgot he only had one. [Smacks own head].

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 1466
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 10:59:50 PM   
Canoerebel

Don't forget, I also have Long Island there.  The pair should be nigh unto unstoppable.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1467
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/21/2011 11:14:06 PM   
Fishbed

Yeah USS Long "16 knot Redshirt" Island. I just hope that SigInt will not sell too early to Chez the dreadful fact that the "unstoppable" lady is sailing into Tokyo Bay just as we speak

< Message edited by Fishbed -- 8/22/2011 1:55:39 AM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1468
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/22/2011 8:12:07 AM   
String

quote:

[Reply to Message] All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: << < prev 45 46 47 48 [49]

IIRC Long Island doesn't fly combat mission as it doesn't have any ordnance load?

Surface combat TF fanboy

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 1469
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 8/22/2011 8:57:30 AM   
Erkki

quote:

ORIGINAL: String

quote:

[Reply to Message] All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: << < prev 45 46 47 48 [49]

IIRC Long Island doesn't fly combat mission as it doesn't have any ordnance load?

My Tracker says it has 90 sorties. Not much but capacity is only 16 too... In comparison, the smallest IJN CVE has Capacity of 20 (later 18), 6 torpedoes and 220 sorties.

How many non-CV carriers does he have left after the Java Sea incident? If hes coming he might send the slow Junyo and Hiyo too. They only carry 39 planes a ship now... What the KB could possibly do at Georgetown: waiting for its 7/42 air group expansions. He will be able to use the full CV capacities then, and some of the originally land-based D3A units(ie. Saeki Ku T-1) also resize in June to 27 planes, Taiyo class' capacity. His CV air arm will expand by over a hundred planes if he uses all of the allowed 109% of capacity, especially with 4 reserve planes in each group that only take 0.25 planes of capacity each...

(in reply to String)
Post #: 1470
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI