Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing againt AI or Pbem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Playing againt AI or Pbem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/27/2011 7:06:00 AM   
Zap

Having played against the AI in all PC games I played in my past. That is until I played CS. I was introduced to play by mail. And now I've been converted to playing PBEm almost exclusively.

My question is How well suited to Pbem play is this one? If anyone has played it both ways which type of play suites this game the best?

< Message edited by Zap -- 8/27/2011 7:07:41 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/27/2011 6:56:34 PM   
Razz1

Multiplayer PBEM

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/28/2011 1:46:35 AM   
jjoshua

Unfortunately, like alot of us, I'm guessing....I don't have enough time to sit down and properly play someone else.

With the AI, I can come and go as time allows. Not fair to keep someone waiting on the hook if I can't be there consistantley to play.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/28/2011 1:48:31 AM   
jjoshua

Oh forgot...

So I have to go with AI...

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 4
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/28/2011 2:08:49 AM   
soldier1

quote:

Unfortunately, like alot of us, I'm guessing....I don't have enough time to sit down and properly play someone else.

With the AI, I can come and go as time allows. Not fair to keep someone waiting on the hook if I can't be there consistantley to play.

I've played a few games in MP and it doesn't take too much time out of your day. Some opponents send back lots of turns quickly, others send maybe one every couple of days, its no trouble. Just let your opponent know that there may be delays in playing your turns unless you mean weeks at a time.

The game plays very well against either the AI or a human opponent. Slitherines pbem server has breathed new life into the way turn based games are played online these days. You don't even need your opponents email address.

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 5
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 8/28/2011 5:39:52 AM   
Razz1

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjarredd

It's not a first person shooter game. Set up a day and time where each player can make two or three moves. Also set up a rule that a player has to move once a day.

Choose the Bocage Hell map in the Mod section for a short 15 turn game on a short map.

That can be played in one day.

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 6
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 9/1/2011 12:38:05 PM   
ccsdc83

I think it does fine either way. Sometimes I am playing opponents where it's almost real time going back and forth so quickly while others we can go days between a turn which is also just fine with me.

I love the online system for this I barely played the single player until the servers went haywire over the last few days leaving me unable to play online for the time being.

I can't wait for expansions and mods this game could hold me over for years.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 7
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 9/1/2011 3:32:48 PM   
tomar

Once you play against live opponents, play against the AI seems quite boring... So PBEM all the way for me... Cheers

(in reply to ccsdc83)
Post #: 8
RE: Playing againt AI or Pbem? - 9/1/2011 5:15:45 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

I'd echo the fact that you can play as you like, most people accept that games will go at different paces, and that one turn per evening is as likely as one turn per 10 minutes. People will tend to gravitate towards playing opponents who match their preference, but sometimes it's nice to have a game going that you know will be there to tide you over when you're between lightning matches!

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to tomar)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Playing againt AI or Pbem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI