Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Planetary Blockades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Planetary Blockades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planetary Blockades - 8/29/2011 7:09:30 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

In the game that I am currently playing I received a notice that one of my planets was being blockaded by the worthless slimebags I was currently at war with. When I checked, the planet that was being blockaded was on the opposite side of the galaxy from the two systems that the enemy held, and none of his ships was anywhere near the planet (the planet with Korrabian Spice I might add). I guess this happened because a ship was assigned to blockade the planet. My question is did the blockade become effective as soon as the ship was assigned, even though it was maybe a game year away from the planet, thus shutting off my trade in Korrabian Spice for all that time? I had ships in orbit defending the planet from just such an occurrence, but the blockade seemed to be in effect anyway. What's up with that?
Post #: 1
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/29/2011 7:24:54 PM   
Data

It shouldn't be, a blockade is effective only if there are actual ships enforcing it. You can do the reverse and station some ships on an enemy world that you blockade; you'll see them quite busy making sure everybody gets the point.
If the reverse was true we can win every game by just declaring blockades on every AI world.

Maybe the blockade seemed effective in this case because the planet was so remote and nobody visited it in the first place anyway. If you edit in some civilian ships in that system (yours or others) do they go there?

< Message edited by Data -- 8/29/2011 7:26:16 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Harmonious Hegemony)
Post #: 2
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/29/2011 7:43:18 PM   
ASHBERY76

This has been an issue since DW vanilla.When you click on a fleet to blockade a planet it becomes blockaded before the fleets even reaches the planet.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/29/2011 8:25:53 PM   
Data

Yes, it gets that yellow blockading circle but ships will actually fail to go there only because of that? I don't seem to recall working that way. But I admit I haven't been playing in a while.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 4
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/30/2011 2:29:10 AM   
tjhkkr

For me, what I have learned is that you can only blockade if you have a troop transport (or at least a troop carrying ship). I have had a fleet of 30 ships, not one a troop transport, and it would not let me blockade the planet. I had one mediocrely armed troop transport, and that did blockade the planet...
Blockades have issues...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/30/2011 3:01:16 PM   
Spacecadet

I'm thinking that once a Blockade is announced, most Freighters will avoid the planet to keep from getting destroyed.

As for implementing a Blockade, I'm doing it in my current game with a single ship - not a Transport, and no Troop pods, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 6
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/30/2011 3:38:10 PM   
adecoy95

the blockading ships are treated as hostile, civilian ships act accordingly. which means they wont approach the planet if the hostile ships are in that system

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 7
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/30/2011 3:56:43 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet
I'm thinking that once a Blockade is announced, most Freighters will avoid the planet to keep from getting destroyed.
As for implementing a Blockade, I'm doing it in my current game with a single ship - not a Transport, and no Troop pods, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I will try it again; but every time I tried with a huge task force , it would not let me... and then my tiny troop transport did blockade it. I will have to try it again...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 8
RE: Planetary Blockades - 8/30/2011 4:01:58 PM   
Data

quote:

ORIGINAL: adecoy95

the blockading ships are treated as hostile, civilian ships act accordingly. which means they wont approach the planet if the hostile ships are in that system

correct, you still need to have ships there for it to actually take effect afaik

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Planetary Blockades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI