Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amazing!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Amazing! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amazing! - 1/3/2001 3:14:00 PM   
appunk

I'm posting this in hopes that one of the administrators of the sight reads it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Having just played the intro scenario, and taken a tour of the editor, I am amazed at the improvements that have been made. Thank you to all who were involved in creating this for all your labor. Having a windows 98 machine, I haven't touched SP series for 2 years, but this is definitely going to change that. I'm afraid I may end up sleeping through all my classes as a result of playing this into the night. . . . One small question though, I can't seem to get the pop-up info on terrain and units when I place the mouse pointer over a hex, nor can I get scenario info when I move the pointer over the top right portion of the screen . . . . any suggestions? Thank you again!!

Post #: 1
- 1/3/2001 7:09:00 PM   
bbbf

Another fool who probably still thinks he will be able to live a normal life! Congratulations, you have become a part of the best experience I have had with a game and game developer. The guys at Matrix listen to what we say - we don't necessarily get what we want but there is usually some pretty sound reasoning behind it. And all this for the cost of a download! Enjoy!

Robert Lee

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 2
- 1/3/2001 7:44:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by appunk: One small question though, I can't seem to get the pop-up info on terrain and units when I place the mouse pointer over a hex, nor can I get scenario info when I move the pointer over the top right portion of the screen . . . . any suggestions?
In the preferences, set live delay to zero. It is, for whatever reason, set at 200 at default. Also, if you like seeing what's going on, try setting message delay to 50 or so.

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 3
- 1/3/2001 7:55:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Welcome appunk. Glad you are enjoying it. That was our intention. So are we Yes, as Kharan has suggested, play with the preferences, the settings for message delay, time delay, etc, until you can get it right. You might want to just first delete the steel.prf file you'll find in your SPWAW\Save directory. This will reset all preferences to their default values which should solve the problem immediately. And don't worry, the game makes a new one when you restart. You're right, bbbf. SP players, especially SPWAW ones, are far from normal The Abnormal Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 4
- 1/3/2001 9:10:00 PM   
Warhorse

Appunk, welcome aboard!! Please try to read the manual, it has many, many explainations of all the new enhancements, etc., even if you are a veteran SP player, this will be a new experience,...I know, I hate reading those d_ _ _ manuals too Have fun!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Amazing! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI