Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defense or attack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defense or attack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defense ... - 9/6/2011 1:10:58 AM   
admiralT

Whats the best way to use Soviet Tank brigades in the offense and in defense?
Post #: 1
RE: What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defe... - 9/6/2011 1:39:08 AM   
Flaviusx

On defense: use them as speed bumps or put them in reserve mode.

On the offense, their movement is somewhat handy during the first blizzard. Not as good as cavalry, though. Once again, if placed in reserve mode they stand a good chance of joining battle.

Mostly tank brigades are just throat clearing for tank corps. Eventually I get rid of all of them, either via conversions to corps or merges into weakened corps. They are not tremendously useful and become much less so as the war progresses and you move into corps and artillery divisions and such. Ants have little place in this kind of battlefield.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to admiralT)
Post #: 2
RE: What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defe... - 9/6/2011 3:29:15 AM   
Farfarer61

They are also useful for oozing through holes in mud or blizzard turns as they have MPs. They will close pockets, but get routed in the next Axis turn, but then they did create a pocket for half a turn. If they do get a free field of movement, they can wreak a streak of one hex wide havoc - for a unit that is wholly expendable, unlike an SS Mot Div ( abeit far less mobile). Your real deep strikers in the early war are those MP 22 Cav Divs - the best pocket breakers you have.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 3
RE: What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defe... - 9/6/2011 10:32:21 AM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

On defense: use them as speed bumps or put them in reserve mode.

On the offense, their movement is somewhat handy during the first blizzard. Not as good as cavalry, though. Once again, if placed in reserve mode they stand a good chance of joining battle.

Mostly tank brigades are just throat clearing for tank corps. Eventually I get rid of all of them, either via conversions to corps or merges into weakened corps. They are not tremendously useful and become much less so as the war progresses and you move into corps and artillery divisions and such. Ants have little place in this kind of battlefield.

I get rid of them too as as soon as I can I think they are waste of space becouse of stacking limitation compared to their power.

Alone they are just speed bumps for Germans.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 4
RE: What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defe... - 9/6/2011 10:34:22 PM   
Pawlock

As Flaviusx says, but I also find them very handy for extra recon of front lines and converting enemy hexes.

(in reply to Jakerson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> What's the best use of Soviet Tank Brigades in defense or attack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI