Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Map Symbols

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Missing Map Symbols Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 1:06:31 AM   
randal7

I recently realized I had not upgraded to 1.5.0.8. After doing so, the main map no longer displays symbols for systems with ruins or fuel. Is there somewhere to turn these on/off, or has the latest version removed them? Also, on the potential colonies screen, independent colonies are not showing yellow/red for low colonization chance.

This could be just another example of the occasional odd behavior I get from this game, but if I'm missing how to change a setting, someone please help. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 1:17:05 AM   
HsojVvad

Have you checked the options menu? I can't remember exactly where, since I just reinstalled DW again and going to start soon, but I am sure one of the boxes are unchecked. Check the options. You might have to click on something to get to another box to check off.

I am wrong, I was thinking of going to Advanced Options, but I don't see that there. Did you install any mods by any chance? Maybe uninstall the game and reinstall it see if that helps.

First isntall it, play it for a bit to make sure everything is there then add the patches, tos ee if it works and then the expansion, check to see if it works then patch it up as well. It's all I can think of. Sorry.

< Message edited by Davor -- 9/9/2011 1:35:45 AM >

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 7:53:23 AM   
Data

This sounds indeed like an improper patch installation, randal. No option or workaround for something like this, the only one is to reinstall afaik.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 5:33:06 PM   
randal7

Reinstalling worked, thanks. I've never had that happen before with a bad install, the whole game works but for one little thing being wonky.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 8:11:15 PM   
Kayoz

The more I see this sort of error, the more I'm wondering what the hell CodeForce did with the install package.

Checking the files and repair, should be part of a standard install. Most credible installers use some form of Orca/MSI, but for some incomprehensible reason, CodeForce chose not to.

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/9/2011 11:04:43 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

The more I see this sort of error, the more I'm wondering what the hell CodeForce did with the install package.

Checking the files and repair, should be part of a standard install. Most credible installers use some form of Orca/MSI, but for some incomprehensible reason, CodeForce chose not to.

What is Orca/MSI? From what I have read from other game companies alot of this stuff costs money. Lots of money to liscence so they can use it. For example alot of companies do not use MPS but use OOO I think it's called because it is cheaper for them to do so. You have to rememeber not everyone has big budgets to make games, espcially small indy companies, so they can't liscence all the stuff other companies can do.

Also be happy this is not a STEAM game so we are not forced to use that stuff.

It's no big deal, and uninstall and an reinstall fixed it.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 6
RE: Missing Map Symbols - 9/10/2011 6:59:11 AM   
Data

Good points, I second them...especially the steam part

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Missing Map Symbols Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI