Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with Boot Camp 1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Help with Boot Camp 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Boot Camp 1 - 8/21/2011 7:04:09 AM   
Gerry4321

Hello:

Some questions:
1. First go around I got a decisive loss. Even though I had 2/3 of a squad in the Steeple. I realized I lost quite a few men so I assume that caused the loss?
2. Second time I won early but no units were in the Church - 2 squads were close. Why did it not let me play till I got into the objective?
3. I usually see a Red ? in the Steeple but I can never seem to target it with the HMG. Even says things like blocked by building or some such wording. Shouldn't I be able to area fire at the Red ?

Interesting after all the comments about the infantry model. In the first take the Smoke had cleared before I got to the church and my men were killed/pinned/suppressed in the open. Pretty brutal, as it should be.

Thanks,

Gerry

< Message edited by Gerry -- 8/21/2011 6:48:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Helo with Boot Camp 1 - 8/21/2011 8:15:28 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Hello:

Some questions:
1. First go around I got a decisive loss. Even though I had 2/3 of a squad in the Steeple. I realized I lost quite a few men so I assume that caused the loss?

Yes that's likely the cause.

quote:

2. Second time I won early but no units were in the Church - 2 squads were close. Why did it not let me play till I got into the objective?

There is a section in the manual on Victory conditions. You don't actually have to be at the objective. Control of the objective is based on being 'near' (100-150m) with a clear superiority of your forces vs enemy forces.

quote:

3. I usually see a Red ? in the Steeple but I can never seem to target it with the HMG. Even says things like blocked by building or some such wording. Shouldn't I be able to area fire at the Red ?

Are you playing with the stock installation or have you applied the Beta patch? I thought this was addressed in the beta patch. In the meantime, you should be able to find a point where the area fire box gets inside the building, but it may be hard to find.

quote:

Interesting after all the comments about the infantry model. In the first take the Smoke had cleared before I got to the church and my men were killed/pinned/suppressed in the open. Pretty brutal, as it should be.

Thanks,

Gerry

I think there are some areas in the infantry modelling that we can improve, but I also think it's not bad as far as it goes right now. I personally enjoy mixed Infantry with Armor support scenarios myself. Infantry oin the open can get decimated righ tnow, but as you said, that's as it should be.

I hope you continue to enjoy the scenarios.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 2
RE: Helo with Boot Camp 1 - 8/21/2011 6:08:16 PM   
Mad Russian

Control of an objective doesn't have to be physical if the objective isn't contested. The game checks for control by what units are within about a 100 meter diameter around it. The objective can be controlled by observation and fire, if you're close enough, and there are no enemy units around.

Just as in real life.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 3
RE: Helo with Boot Camp 1 - 9/9/2011 9:13:17 AM   
kankn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Control of an objective doesn't have to be physical if the objective isn't contested. The game checks for control by what units are within about a 100 meter diameter around it. The objective can be controlled by observation and fire, if you're close enough, and there are no enemy units around.

Just as in real life.

Good Hunting.

MR
Coach Outlet
Coach Handbags

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Help with Boot Camp 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI