Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can I find a summary of trade routes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> How can I find a summary of trade routes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 8/15/2011 2:03:29 AM   
paplan

Is there any way I can find a summary of my active trade routes?
which systems are involved?
how much money is generated?
what is being traded?
Post #: 1
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 8/16/2011 9:00:02 PM   
Iceman

Looking at the starmap you can see your trade routes. If you hover the mouse over them, they'll tell you what's being traded and the money they're generating.
You can also check each colony, under Income. Using the expander arrow you get a detailed description of all trading involving that colony.

(in reply to paplan)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 8/17/2011 2:55:47 AM   
paplan

If the developers are reading this, a trade screen would be a GREAT addition.
Many 4X games have this as an option.

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 8/20/2011 4:45:10 AM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: paplan

If the developers are reading this, a trade screen would be a GREAT addition.
Many 4X games have this as an option.

I agree 110%. This is not the only item that would benefit from a summary screen.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to paplan)
Post #: 4
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/13/2011 3:41:30 AM   
gijas17

I have a question. How do you create a trade route as I seem to have none in my territory and Im on turn 224? But I see my neighbors trade lane?

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 5
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/13/2011 6:24:58 AM   
Cykur

To create an internal trade route you first need a trade good special at your planetary system or a tourism special.  You then build a level 2 Space Port at the exporting system and level 1 landing zones at the importing system.  Tourism needs a level 3 passenger space port at the tourist site.

With aliens you can set up a trade mission through diplomacy.  If they let you build a trade mission on one of their planets, you pay 1000 and an upkeep cost of 100 / turn.  This mission lets your level 2 space ports export cultural items for sale at the alien world. 

A trade route can reach worlds about 20-22 squares away, I think.  Still figuring this out.  Hope it made sense and it helps.  You can also read the help sections on trade & trade missions by clicking on the M button on the Advisor panel.

(in reply to gijas17)
Post #: 6
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/13/2011 1:05:18 PM   
Iceman

Yeah, last time I checked it was 22-23 squares.

Make sure the trade route will be profitable. No use in setting it up and then lose money.
For Gems, Artifacts and Tourism the importing colony's pop is what counts, so make sure you have very populated colonies in the vicinity. For Rare Minerals, it's industry level, so the more industry and the higher the level, the more income. Same thing for Anti-matter and Neutronium, but with defenses instead of industry.

(in reply to Cykur)
Post #: 7
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/14/2011 1:09:40 AM   
gijas17

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cykur

To create an internal trade route you first need a trade good special at your planetary system or a tourism special.  You then build a level 2 Space Port at the exporting system and level 1 landing zones at the importing system.  Tourism needs a level 3 passenger space port at the tourist site.

Trade Good or Tourism special? I understand about the trade missions with other races and have done this with the original Armada but the original didn't have this feature. Anyway, I would like to know more about the specials you mentioned as I might have ticked everyone off that I have meet so any trade missions would liked fail unless I offer them a planet or ton of money which Im not going to just hand over to my enemies to see pretty little lines across our territories.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Cykur)
Post #: 8
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/14/2011 1:29:10 AM   
Cykur

You have the Supernova expansion right?  For example, Gems, Rare Minerals, Artifacts are trade items.  Majestic Heavens, Natural Wonders, Amazing Wildlife are tourism items.  There are others, some of which Iceman mentioned above.

(in reply to gijas17)
Post #: 9
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 9/15/2011 2:58:33 AM   
gijas17

Yeah, Im playing Supernova. Thanks!

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Cykur)
Post #: 10
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 10/17/2011 10:18:38 AM   
sanderz

quote:

so if you build these buildings the trade routes are set up automatically? or do you have to do something to start them up?

thanks

(in reply to Cykur)
Post #: 11
RE: How can I find a summary of trade routes? - 10/17/2011 10:46:11 AM   
Anguille

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quote:

so if you build these buildings the trade routes are set up automatically? or do you have to do something to start them up?

thanks

They start up automatically. Note that internal trade routes are shorter than external trade routes.

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> How can I find a summary of trade routes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI