Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Heavy Artillery Area Affects

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Heavy Artillery Area Affects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heavy Artillery Area Affects - 1/4/2001 8:16:00 AM   
appunk

I observed while playing the Corrigedor Scenario that the Japanese naval guns were causing casulaties to units in hexes adjacent to those where the shells landed. Later, while reading the manual, I came across a section that stated that "heavy bombs and artillery" cause the observed affect. I'm wondering what size shells constitute "heavy" artillery for the game. 75mm+? 120mm+? Also, I wonder whether in a future version of the game, an option might be included to change from converged to dispersed sheaf for artillery bombardments. . . . Currently it seems that batteries use the same 4 hex north to south pattern as the original SP games. Perhaps an option could be included to change this burst pattern??

Post #: 1
- 1/4/2001 9:14:00 AM   
troopie

I believe it's 105mm. But I've gotten the same results from 25lbers and 81mm mortars. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 2
- 1/4/2001 10:32:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Its possible for anything with a warhead size of 6 or more, the larger the bigger effect on adjacent hexes.

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 3
- 1/4/2001 3:31:00 PM   
Sami

quote:

Originally posted by appunk: ...I came across a section that stated that "heavy bombs and artillery" cause the observed affect. I'm wondering what size shells constitute "heavy" artillery for the game. 75mm+? 120mm+?
Well, the answer has been already given by troopie and Paul, but in case you're interested, this page has some general information of fragmentation http://www.winterwar.com/Weapons/artyinfo.htm
quote:

Originally posted by appunk: Also, I wonder whether in a future version of the game, an option might be included to change from converged to dispersed sheaf for artillery bombardments. . . . Currently it seems that batteries use the same 4 hex north to south pattern as the original SP games. Perhaps an option could be included to change this burst pattern??
- Doesn't "converged sheaf" mean, that all guns of the battery fire in the "same point", while "battery sheaf" is the one that is used in the game??? But an option of choosing the sheaf is a very good idea, IMHO. Cheers, Sami

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 4
- 1/4/2001 10:45:00 PM   
BA Evans

quote:

Originally posted by appunk: Also, I wonder whether in a future version of the game, an option might be included to change from converged to dispersed sheaf for artillery bombardments. . . . Currently it seems that batteries use the same 4 hex north to south pattern as the original SP games. Perhaps an option could be included to change this burst pattern??
Try using some off board rockets. They land much more dispersed than normal artillery. BA Evans

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Heavy Artillery Area Affects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI