Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I wanna be able to do this in the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I wanna be able to do this in the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wanna be able to do this in the game - 1/4/2001 5:04:00 PM   
zombie

Check out this link and click on ramming http://rkka.domainvalet.com/h-tacts.htm

Post #: 1
- 1/4/2001 6:04:00 PM   
k1w1

Great. At least you would be able to take out enemy tank/troops if yours has no working guns. ------------------ Is attack the best form of defence?

They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old Age shall not weary them nor the years condem At the going down of the sun & in the morning we will remember them.

(in reply to zombie)
Post #: 2
- 1/5/2001 12:37:00 AM   
Larry Holt

From the URL above, the link on fighting tanks shows: 1. The experience of the recent battles proved the changes in the German tactics. Instead of sending the heavy tanks (Pz.-V, Pz.-VI) forward, the enemy detaches the small group of light and medium tanks with the objective to reveal the positions of our guns and other AT means. This is the same as the tactic of moving light units to draw opportunity fire in all versions of SP. While this tactics is often stated to be a game abnormality, it seems that it has a basis in real life. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to zombie)
Post #: 3
- 1/5/2001 12:46:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

Right Larry, Also note the Soviet cammander gripes that his AT guns are engaging too soon, beyond effective range. It sounds like someone set the Opp Fire range too high. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to zombie)
Post #: 4
- 1/5/2001 4:18:00 AM   
Pave

Actually that was done by others too, not just Soviets. It didn't always even require that you are out of ammo. Usually the targets were softer than tanks like cars, guns, horses, men,... I remember at least one example. Finnish Sturms crushed a whole line of horses and AT-guns in Kuuterselka, when they faced them on a road. It could be that ramming was more common for Soviets, but certainly done by others too. Even with a perfectly healty tank with full ammo.

(in reply to zombie)
Post #: 5
- 1/5/2001 4:22:00 AM   
Larry Holt

The book "Tank Seargeant" is about an M-48 crew member in Vietnam in the '60's. Their prefered technique for clearing bunkers was to drive on top of them then slowly pivot steer so that the tread ground up the bunker's top. Another example of a tank using non-firepower to attack a target that is in SPWAW. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to zombie)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I wanna be able to do this in the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI