Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship - 8/25/2011 9:56:00 AM   
TommyBoy84

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and WITP 1.806 (or whatever the most recent download available is).
I'm playing a CHS 159 scenario.

Sometimes when I'm in the main screen for a task force, or the list of ships anchored at port, and I click on an individual ship, the program crashes to desktop. It doesn't do it all the time. I haven't run any actual tests, but it seems that it happens most with ships unique to CHS, that aren't included in stock. Most ships from stock seem to work fine.

I've tried running WITP in compatibility mode and as an administrator with no luck. The only other things I can think of are that I need to download and install an add-on art pack -- I'm still using stock art, so some ships and planes don't have art. Or, that there's just a problem between WITP and Windows 7, or between CHS and Windows 7.

Anybody have any insight? Do you think just using an add-on art pack would help, or something else?
Post #: 1
RE: Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship - 8/25/2011 12:39:03 PM   
tocaff

There are some problems with mods such as CHS.  Are you positive that you followed the install procedure to the letter?

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to TommyBoy84)
Post #: 2
RE: Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship - 8/25/2011 8:11:56 PM   
kmitahj

Hi,

first question I would ask is if you sure you did install CHS base package? It is big file (some 20+ MB) separate from the CHS scenarios. Maybe I misread you but this
quote:

I'm still using stock art, so some ships and planes don't have art [...]

make me wonder - as far as I know base package contains all neccessary art for all CHS scenario variants. I didn't notice any problems with it so far though I played CHS couple of times (well japanese side mostly) and what is more importatnt CHS is likely single most playtested mod of classic WitP.
Note that after installing you should also run ModSelect batch file (it comes as part of Andrew Brown Map) and select proper config (AB ext. map + CHS art) to make the CHS art (and map) active.

PS.
Just in case: CHS Page

(in reply to TommyBoy84)
Post #: 3
RE: Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship - 8/27/2011 7:15:15 AM   
Alfred

You will get a CTD if you play a mod and fail to install any specific art files created for that particular mod. This very much appears to be the case here. The program is failing to find the associated art for CHS unique elements.

Alfred

< Message edited by Alfred -- 8/27/2011 7:16:12 AM >

(in reply to kmitahj)
Post #: 4
RE: Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship - 9/21/2011 11:59:48 AM   
TommyBoy84

Installing the modified art pack seems to have remedied the problem. I haven't had a CTD once since.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Crash to Desktop when clicking on individual ship Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI