Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Turn 23 - Plei Me CIDG Camp attacked

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 23 - Plei Me CIDG Camp attacked Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Turn 23 - Plei Me CIDG Camp attacked - 2/24/2011 10:27:39 PM   
larryfulkerson

Excellent AAR.  What's the time period of this scenario so far?

(in reply to Boonierat)
Post #: 121
RE: Turn 23 - Plei Me CIDG Camp attacked - 2/26/2011 6:33:16 AM   
comte

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Excellent AAR.  What's the time period of this scenario so far?

Thank Larry This one starts in August 65 and goes until the end of December 65.

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 122
Quick Update - 3/25/2011 10:44:58 AM   
comte

Hey guys just wanted to let you know about the delay I've had a bunch of real world stuff going on the last month so I haven't had a chance to update. I'm currently on vacation in Israel for a few weeks but when I return I plan on updating again. Sorry about the delay

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 123
RE: Quick Update - 3/25/2011 12:48:15 PM   
berto

No problem. Slow and steady wins the race. Have a nice vacation.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 124
Turn 24 - News Summary - 4/22/2011 6:47:24 AM   
comte

Turn 24 - October 20th to October 24 1965

Operations Golden Fleece, SAYONARA/GOOD FRIEND II/SPREAD OUT, and Happy Valley I & II continue this turn with negative enemy contact. The Marine unit conducting Operation Trail Blazer had fleeting contact with the Viet Cong but they quickly faded into the mountains southwest of 3rd Recons position. There are 4 missions this turn. On the 22nd of October of this turn US Admiral Ulysses S. Grant Sharp declared that the allies had ceased to lose the war in South Vietnam. Here's the news summary for Turn 24.

*As a side note I'd like to say I've upgraded my game to the new patch. I have detected no problems so far after doing a few test turns ahead. The only problem I saw is when you use the upgraded graphics the NVA unit insignia's don't quite match up right for some reason. Also the light woods graphic looks like grasslands in my opinion so South Vietnam doesn't appear to have as much foliage as it should. Also I would like to note my wife is pregnant and I am also raising a very young puppy so I haven't had as much time as I like to devote to my hobby. I am committed to finishing this AAR and continuing on to further chapters of this series. If there are long breaks don't worry I will return it just means things are hectic around here Thanks for your patience guys

Attachment (1)

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 125
Turn 24 - B-52 Delta reinforces Plei Me - 4/22/2011 6:54:55 AM   
comte

Project Delta Reinforces Plei Me CIDG Camp

Project Delta (B-52 Delta) is airlifted into the besieged Plei Me CIDG camp from Nha Trang and joins detachment A-255 there. Delta force will aid in guiding in airstrikes on NVA troops around the camp as well as bolstering the defenses there until relief arrives.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 126
Turn 24 - US 1/4th Cavalry arrive - 4/22/2011 7:00:19 AM   
comte

US 1/4th Cavalry arrive

On October 20th the 1st Squadron of the 4th Cavalry have arrived at Vung Tau. They are taken by ship up to Saigon and from there set up there basecamp at Phu Loi north of Saigon. The 1/4th is made up of A,B,C,D Troop. A,B, and C troop are made up of armored units, D troop is an airmobile infantry detachment.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 4/22/2011 7:01:38 AM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 127
Turn 24 - Operation New Hope - 4/22/2011 7:09:01 AM   
comte

Operation New Hope - Search and Destroy

Beginning on October 21st the 173rd Airborne Brigade orders 2/503 Airborne Battalion to clear the Di An area of any enemy troops it encounters there for the establishment of more elements of the US army 1st Infantry Division there. The 2/503 encounters a local force VC company in Di an after being helilifted into the area. Artillery and Airstrikes are called on the enemy unit. 2/503 takes Di An as the Viet Cong dissipate into smaller units and quickly disappear.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 128
Turn 24 - Enemy casualties at Di An - 4/22/2011 7:11:26 AM   
comte

Viet Cong Casualties at Di An

Here's a summary of enemy losses at Di An.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 129
Turn 24 - Operation Red Snapper - 4/22/2011 7:18:29 AM   
comte

Operation Red Snapper - Search and Destroy

Beginning on the 22nd of October the 2/3 Marine Battalion alone with the ARVN's 1/3 Infantry battalion and 11th Ranger Battalion conduct Operation Red Snapper on the Phu Gia peninsula. A company of 2/3 Marines conducted an amphibious landing over ORANGE beach on the peninsula well the rest of 2/3 was moved there by truck. There is negative contact with the enemy during the operation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 130
Turn 24 - Operation 13/65 - 4/22/2011 7:21:40 AM   
comte

Operation 13/65

On October 23rd the 1st Battalion of the 1st Royal Australian Regiment is ordered to conduct 13/65 a search and destroy mission 18 kilometers northeast of Bien Hoa air base. In the initial part of the operation there is negative contact with the enemy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 4/22/2011 7:22:26 AM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 131
Turn 24 - Operation All the Way/Dan Thang 21 - 4/22/2011 7:39:31 AM   
comte

Operation All the Way/Dan Thang 21 - Search and Destroy/Road Clearing

Operations All the Way and Dan Thang 21 are both launched on October 23rd. They are both attempting to relieve the besieged Plei Me CIDG Camp. The ARVN II Corps at Pleiku will form a task force made up of 3rd ARVN Cav squadron, ARVN 1/42 Infantry Battalion and ARVN 21st and 22nd Rangers. The ARVN Task force will conduct operation Dan Thang 21 the cavalry shall clear the road while the infantry and Rangers air assaulted along the road to the probable NVA ambush sight. The ARVN Task force encounters heavy resistance along the road to Plei Me they call in airstrikes before attacking the NVA position. Operation All the Way will be conducted by the 1st Brigade of the US 1st Cavalry Division made up of 1/8,2/8,1/12,2/12 Battalions. In the initial phase of the Operation 1st Brigade 1st Cav Div sets up a forward base at the Catecka tea plantation. US navy and airforce jets pound the NVA positions near Plei Me. This looks like its going to be a long tough fight as the relief operation is just beginning. This concludes Turn 24.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 132
RE: Turn 24 - News Summary - 4/22/2011 2:03:53 PM   
berto

He's baaaaaack!

Thanks, Aces8, for keeping this AAR series alive.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 133
RE: Turn 24 - News Summary - 4/27/2011 6:03:07 AM   
comte

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

He's baaaaaack!

Thanks, Aces8, for keeping this AAR series alive.

Thanks for the support

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 134
R.I.P. - 4/27/2011 6:03:59 AM   
comte

Rest in Peace Madame Nhu

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42771029/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/?gt1=43001

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 135
Turn 25 - News Summary - 5/24/2011 7:31:10 AM   
comte

Turn 25 - October 24th to October 27th 1965

Operations SAYONARA/GOOD FRIEND II/SPREAD OUT, and Happy Valley I & II continue this turn with negative enemy contact. Operation Golden Fleece is terminated this turn. The US Carrier Enterprise has joined the US carriers off South Vietnam on Dixie Station. The US Marine 1st Recon force has landed at Da Nang and joined up with III MAF Forces there. Here's the news summary for Turn 25.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 136
Turn 25 - Operation All the Way/Dan Thang 21 - 5/24/2011 7:37:27 AM   
comte

Operation All the Way/Dan Thang 21 continues

The ARVN Relief column pushing to relieve the beleaguered Plei Me CIDG Camp has made some progress with the help of US Airstrikes. They have pushed aside the NVA Ambush that halted the relief column and are pushing further south. The 1st Brigade of the 1st Cavalry Division is now ready to move out in the coming days as preparations at the Catecka Tea plantation are complete. Heavy airstrikes will continue to pound the NVA around Plei Me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 137
Turn 25 - Battle north of Plei Me - 5/24/2011 7:39:31 AM   
comte

ARVN Battle Results from Road clearing Battle

Here are the combat results for the battle the ARVN Relief Force fought north of Plei Me. This Concludes Turn 25.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 138
Turn 26 - News Summary - 6/9/2011 6:33:29 AM   
comte

Turn 26 - October 27th to October 31st 1965

Operations SAYONARA/GOOD FRIEND II/SPREAD OUT, and Happy Valley I & II continue this turn with negative enemy contact. There was alot of enemy activity this turn as Viet Cong Sappers attempted to penetrate Marine facilities in their area of operations. Da Nang and Chu Lai were targeted US Marines foiled the VC sapper attacks. Three US Army artillery battalions and one company (6/14,3/18,2/13, and Battery E 2nd Artillery) landed at Qui Nhon and will be used to defend the city and also will help defend the US 1st Cavalry at An Khe. There have been many reports of VC movements all around South Vietnam. Here's the news summary for Turn 26.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 6/9/2011 6:35:02 AM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 139
Turn 26 - Operation All the Way - 6/9/2011 6:43:24 AM   
comte

US 1st Brigade 1st Cavalry Division goes in

The 1st Brigade of 1st Cav has joined the fight for the besieged Plei Me CIDG Camp. The Brigade made up of the 1st Battalion 8th Cavalry, 2nd Battalion 8th Cavalry, 1st Battalion 12th Cavalry, and the 2nd Battalion 12th Cavalry Combat Assault into the area West of the Camp. They quickly push the NVA Regulars off the road to Plei Me helped by heavy airstrikes from US Navy Jets operating from Dixie Station in the South China Sea. The NVA Unit besieging the camp is believed to be the 32nd Regiment. The ARVN Relief column also continues the fight north of Plei Me. The 1st Brigade success in clearing the road is short lived though as the NVA push the 1st Brigade back with a strong counter attack.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 6/9/2011 6:44:28 AM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 140
Turn 26 - Operation All the Way - 6/9/2011 6:49:54 AM   
comte

Plei Me Aftermath

As you can see the 1st Brigade 1st Cav pushed the NVA and the NVA pushed back. 2nd Battalion 12 Cavalry's attack in the south was successful in pushing the NVA away from the southern entrance to the camp. This continues to be a tough fight and will continue in the coming turns.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 141
Turn 26 - Marine 3rd Recon near Happy Valley - 6/9/2011 6:54:54 AM   
comte

Marine 3rd Recon encounters VC Sappers and Infantry

The US Marine 3rd Recon Battalion while operating south west of Da Nang has found a VC Infantry battalion along with a Sapper Company. 3rd Recon radio's for airstrikes on the VC positions. After the airstrikes do their damage the 3rd Recon attempts to destroy the VC units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 6/26/2011 7:22:32 AM >

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 142
Turn 26 - 3rd Recon battle - 6/9/2011 6:59:35 AM   
comte

Results of the US 3rd Recon Bn fight

Here are the combat results of the 3rd Recon fight. As you can see the airstrikes and Marine Infantry caused devastating casualties on the VC Infantry. After the fight with the VC Infantry 3rd Recon managed to pounce on the VC sappers who rather then fight disappeared into the countryside. 3rd Recon managed to thwart this VC Sapper company but several others got closer to Da Nang where they were stopped by US Marine units there. This concludes Turn 26.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 143
Turn 27 - News Summary - 6/26/2011 7:13:24 AM   
comte

Turn 27 - October 31st 1965 to November 3rd 1965

Operations SAYONARA/GOOD FRIEND II/SPREAD OUT, and Happy Valley I & II continue this turn with negative enemy contact. Heavy fighting continues around Plei Me as the 1st Brigade of the US 1st Cavalry Division continues its operation there. The US 1st Infantry Division conducts several small scale search and destroy operation in their TAOR but turn up nothing. The Republic of Korea has contributed more troops to the cause as the Capital 1st ROK Infantry Regiment arrives at Qui Nhon they reinforce the growing Allied garrison there. Here's the news summary for Turn 27.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 144
Turn 27 - Operation All the Way - 6/26/2011 7:20:18 AM   
comte

Battle for Plei Me Continues

The Battle continues around Plei me as the 1st Brigade of the US 1st Cavalry Division continues to meet heavy North Vietnamese resistance north of the camp. 2nd Battalion 12 Cavalry with the help of the B-52 Delta Special Forces unit Pushes West from the camp pushing the NVA further away. Air force and Navy jets continue to pound the NVA position. The ARVN relief column troops from Pleiku also pitch in.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 145
Turn 27 - Battle results north of Plei Me - 6/26/2011 7:22:34 AM   
comte

Battle results north of Plei Me camp

Here are the Battle results for the battle fought this turn by 1/8,2/8,1/12 Battalions of the 1st Brigade 1st Cav north of Plei Me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 146
Turn 27 - Battle for Plei Me - 6/26/2011 7:26:32 AM   
comte

Plei Me fight continued

Here is a look at the map after the initial fight. As you can see 1st Brigade 1st Cav plus ARVN managed to push the NVA back but is beginning to take heavier losses. 1st Brigade will continue to slug it out with the NVA in the coming days. This concludes Turn 27.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 147
Turn 28 - News Summary - 10/1/2011 5:44:49 AM   
comte

Turn 28 - November 3rd 1965 to November 7th 1965

Operations SAYONARA/GOOD FRIEND II/SPREAD OUT, and Happy Valley I & II continue this turn with negative enemy contact. Operation ALL THE WAY is continuing with heavy enemy contact. Operation INDIAN SCOUT is terminated. The 1st Brigade of the US 1st Cavalry Division are continuing the fight around Plei Me CIDG camp but the NVA are retreating towards the Cambodian Border. The US 1st Infantry Division conducts a search and destroy operation in Bien Hoa/Long Khanh Provinces but turn up nothing. Here's the news summary for turn 28.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 148
Turn 28 - Operation Black Ferret - 10/1/2011 6:03:08 AM   
comte

Operation Black Ferret - Search and Destroy

Beginning on November 3rd the US 7th Marine Regiment orders 1/7,3/7, and the marine 1st Recon Battalion to begin a search and destroy operation with the 1/4 and 2/4 ARVN Battalions. Operation Black Ferret will be conducted 10 miles south of Chu Lai on the northern bank of the Tra Bong River. There is no contact with the enemy during the operation but there are several Marine casualties as many booby traps are found. Female newsman Dickey Chapelle was killed by a booby trap on 4 November while reporting the operation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 149
Turn 28 - Operation Hump/14-65 - 10/1/2011 6:13:58 AM   
comte

Operation Hump - 14/65 - Search and Destroy

Beginning on the 5 of November the 173rd Airborne Brigade conducts Operation Hump (14/65 Australian name for the operation) 22 kilometers northeast of Bien Hoa airbase. 1-503 Inf, 3-319 Art, 1 RAR, D/16 Arm, E/17 Cav, 1st APC Trp (RAR), 105 Fld Bty (RAR), 161 Bty RNZA take part in the operation. The unit air assaults into the area and quickly find heavy resistance from Hill 65 which is heavily fortified by what is believed to be the Viet Cong 3rd Bn, 271st PLAF Regiment. Airstrikes are called in on the hill and a fire support base is set up at Xom Cat.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 23 - Plei Me CIDG Camp attacked Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI