Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request for feature

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Request for feature Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request for feature - 10/4/2011 12:48:22 AM   
rader

Making pilot trianing easiier... is there any way to have a function that would allow you to move more than one pilot at a time? For example, move the top 5 pilots at a time from the group to reserve (as currently sorted), or move the pilot you click on plus the 4 other pilots below him to a group etc. So with a single click, you could move 5 pilots at a time to/from an air group? This would make training miuch less of a constant time suck.
Post #: 1
RE: Request for feature - 10/4/2011 11:21:22 PM   
rader

Actually, almost as useful would be to be able to turn off pilot transfer confirmation. One click to move a pilot into a group from the general reserve. As it stands, I need to click twice for each pilot I want to transfer in (or click and press "y"). Filling kamikaze units becomes really annoying.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 2
RE: Request for feature - 10/5/2011 6:08:41 PM   
rader

The ability to move 5 or 10 pilots with max experience is great, but what it really should be is skill, not experience. It would be nice to be able to sort the list by a particular skill (say air, LowN, NavB) as we can now, and then move the top 5 or ten of whatever skill we have it sorted to. Additionally, it would be amazing if we could do this while not only transfering pilots from groups into general reserve, but also when transfering pilots from general reserve into groups (both emptying and filling air groups by the currently sorted skill).

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 3
RE: Request for feature - 10/6/2011 1:48:16 PM   
PaxMondo

Agreed.  It would be a great UI addition.  Save 1000's of keystrokes.  As rader says, when you have to convert kami groups, or re-populate them after an attack ... you easily can lose 500 pilots in one day.  That's a lot of clicks to re-fill.

PS: Or maybe to say, not an addiiton, but a modification of the current beta method. What was just added was a great help, no doubt at all. This would take it one more step.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 10/6/2011 1:50:28 PM >

Pax

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 4
RE: Request for feature - 10/6/2011 1:54:20 PM   
michaelm75au

Quick look shows it could be done. But with some difficulty as the 'ordered by expericence' pilot lists are used in several places apart from the "release xx pilots".
Either need to duplicate the 'ordered by' lists in several places or get smarter on how the current 'ordered by' lists are handled. Prefer not to duplicate as that just makes program bigger and more complicated to maintain, so the 'smarter' option is more likely.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 5
RE: Request for feature - 10/6/2011 3:16:19 PM   
CV 2

Save clicks by using the keyboard.

*click* pilot. *press 'Y' key*

Repeat as often as necessary. I can transfer 5 or so pilots a second doing this, if you set it up correctly. For example, if I am setting pilots in a squadron to group reserve so I can move them to another I first sort them by 'delay' by clicking on the yellow 'delay' at the top of the column. This way every time I click 'Y', they go to the bottom and the next pilot in line takes his place.

If I am doing the receiving unit, then I click on the 'get veteran', then sort the list by group, again, by clicking the yellow 'group' at the top of the column and repeating the same procedure. I can move 36 pilots from 1 squadron to another in a minute or less counting the time to put the pilots in group reserve in their home squadron.

< Message edited by CV 2 -- 10/6/2011 3:17:17 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
RE: Request for feature - 10/6/2011 5:11:12 PM   
Pascal_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Quick look shows it could be done. But with some difficulty as the 'ordered by expericence' pilot lists are used in several places apart from the "release xx pilots".
Either need to duplicate the 'ordered by' lists in several places or get smarter on how the current 'ordered by' lists are handled. Prefer not to duplicate as that just makes program bigger and more complicated to maintain, so the 'smarter' option is more likely.

michaelm, you're getting our hopes up .

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Request for feature Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI