Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ROTS events story not turning off

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> ROTS events story not turning off Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 12:04:08 AM   
Tirane

On my mod I have set the Return of Shakturi events to off but they still occur. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 12:25:24 AM   
ehsumrell1

Hello Tirane.
So from my understanding, you have NOT checked the ROTS storyline box at game start-up, but
you still have the mysterious Refugees and later the Shakturi race showing up in your game.

Also, you have mentioned a 'mod'. Can you give more detail on this? Thanks!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 2
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 4:08:47 AM   
Tirane

Mod=theme change with new race file.
My point is that I get the first parts of the story entering the ruins (of reports of new race entering system). I did not play it long enough to see if Shakturi show up.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 3
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 4:40:38 AM   
ehsumrell1

If it is a race file that you have in the customization folder, you should only
have the Mechanoids and Shakturi acting as regular races if the storyline is unchecked.
Although I can check it out if you upload a save game to look at.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 4
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 7:20:21 AM   
Data

Ya, afaik, you should not receive any of the storyline messages in this case.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 5
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/7/2011 4:19:36 PM   
Tirane

what is even more disturbing is I replaced the Shakturi with my own race. I am having this problem with every game I play.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 6
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/10/2011 3:21:46 AM   
Tirane

Just played vanilla and checked off the ROTS story toggle. The toggle is not working. I kept on the basic game toggle. Do the hidden messages of the Shaktura show up in the hidden game. The clues about the race and the virus used and the outcome??
Here is a message from a temple:

GOLTAK REPUBLIC CLASSIFIED ANALYSIS - SHAKTUR AXIS

The Shaktur Axis arrived in our galaxy approximately ten years ago. They have quickly established a reputation for cruelty and aggression. We should proceed with extreme caution in any dealings with them - they are totally untrustworthy.

The Shakturi clearly intend to dominate all around them. They demonstrate utter contempt for their neighbours. Their treatment of the Atuukian Kingdom is a prime example of their brutality.

We strongly suspect that the Shakturi are secretly working to overthrow all of the empires in their region. What their subsequent objective is remains unclear at this stage.

Is this not ROTS and should not be showing up if ROTS storyline unchecked (but original one is checked)

< Message edited by Tirane -- 10/10/2011 4:07:42 AM >

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 7
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/10/2011 8:50:53 AM   
Data

Can you also test with no mod setup?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 8
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/10/2011 4:25:10 PM   
Tirane

HI Data,
The message above came from a vanilla game. I am asking others to test it themselves. Play a standard vanilla game with ROTS storyline turned off but original storyline turned on.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/10/2011 6:21:08 PM   
Data

Aaaa, I think I get it now. Normally, nothing from ROTS should ever appear in the vanilla game but 1.0.7 is actually a backward compatibility patch that comes from ROTS so maybe something was not cleared from it and leads to this. I think Elliot can easily reproduce it.

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 10
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/10/2011 7:13:50 PM   
Tirane

My handicap in diagnosing the problem is that I came into Distant Worlds at ROTS and don't know what is included in the basic storyline. I agree it might have not started until after the patch as I think I played a Star Trek mod before the patch with the ROTS storyline checked off and didn't have the problem.

Many Thanks DATA and hope the busy Elliot can find time to fix it as it truly kills any Mods.

Thanks

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 11
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/11/2011 7:46:07 AM   
Data

Well, you're in the right section and Elliot does use to do bug squashing sessions when expansion or patches are about to be relesease...so we may get lucky if this one is easy to fix. If not, he usally takes them down in the next patch.

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 12
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/11/2011 10:40:56 AM   
WoodMan

quote:

GOLTAK REPUBLIC CLASSIFIED ANALYSIS - SHAKTUR AXIS

The Shaktur Axis arrived in our galaxy approximately ten years ago. They have quickly established a reputation for cruelty and aggression. We should proceed with extreme caution in any dealings with them - they are totally untrustworthy.

The Shakturi clearly intend to dominate all around them. They demonstrate utter contempt for their neighbours. Their treatment of the Atuukian Kingdom is a prime example of their brutality.

We strongly suspect that the Shakturi are secretly working to overthrow all of the empires in their region. What their subsequent objective is remains unclear at this stage.

This is original DW storyline event, not ROTS.  You learn the history of the Shakturi and the ancient war and eventually are given clues to the whereabouts of the World Destroyer and the story of its origin.  To turn off these you need to deactivate the original DW story aswell as ROTS.  This will also remove the wreckage sites from across the galaxy I believe.

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 13
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/11/2011 1:15:47 PM   
Data

quote:

This will also remove the wreckage sites from across the galaxy I believe.

Correct, it will. So as far as we know this is all the original storyline? I've seached the game home to see if both of them are stored in a txt or something as I've never paid much attention to which is which. I've not found anything, I think they're hardcoded.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 14
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/11/2011 1:20:58 PM   
Tirane

I'm with you both and am playing the Star Trek mod with both storylines turned off and so far no problems. Again as I am not an old timer and came in at ROTS I was unaware what was in the original storyline. Still I would love to keep the wrecks as they fit into an Uplift (David Brin) mod perfectly.

Many thanks Woodman and Data!

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 15
RE: ROTS events story not turning off - 10/11/2011 3:18:01 PM   
Data

I'm not sure as I didn't try this but I think you can let both storylines turned off and use the editor to place the wrecks on the map.

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> ROTS events story not turning off Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI