Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For the Love of the Private Sector

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> For the Love of the Private Sector Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 12:34:35 AM   
nammafia

Hi,

Now that we have 2 expansions without any love toward the private sector. This thread is to list what we the players want to see in the upcoming updates and expansions with regard to the private sector. There are already many good suggestions in the Wish List but consolidation of the wishes in one thread would make them more clear to the developer of this game.

For me, I would like to see
+ Multi-empire corporations with great influence on trade pacts and wars (end this war or we terminates our trades within your empire)
+ Demand and Reward from corporations
+ Corporations as individual entities who can sell goods to empire (of course, they can build and mine their own resources)
+ Mining are left to the private sectors at mid games (ex. 10 colonies & 20 mines), empires will have to buy resources.
Post #: 1
RE: For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 12:41:48 AM   
nammafia

I also would like to suggest Corporation Headquarter as something similar to ruins giving commerce benefits (increase income and happiness) to planets.  Of course, the corporations can move their headquarters else where when tax is too high, for instance, or players fail their demands.

(in reply to nammafia)
Post #: 2
RE: For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 4:11:49 AM   
tjhkkr

nammafia,

I like your ideas, but I personally would like to see it controllable in the sense that there are certain countries that are far less impacted by the coprorate sphere...
In a modern sense, I do not see Israel overly impacted by corporations, they do what they have to do...
And do not let my sign fool you, I am not from Israel... I am fascinated by their situation but...
Anyway, I would like to see that somewhat controllable if you understand what I mean...

But it really would add a dimension to the game... a fun dimension...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to nammafia)
Post #: 3
RE: For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 4:49:16 AM   
MartialDoctor

To be honest, I would not like these changes or anything of this sort.  I like the idea of the private sector being a part of your empire that you just don't have to control or micromanage.

Your suggestions would make the private sector a separate entity, changing the entire dynamics of the game.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 4
RE: For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 7:57:06 AM   
2guncohen

What i would like to see is that the private sector begins a prestige project when business is good.

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 5
RE: For the Love of the Private Sector - 10/7/2011 11:42:57 AM   
kafka

yeah...  and don't forget modelling the bailout of the to big to fail private sector in case it goes bankrupt, of course after privatizing what it has profited  from the infrastructure built from tax payer money, just as in real life :-) privatization of gains, socialization of losses

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> For the Love of the Private Sector Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI