Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some unit questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Some unit questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some unit questions - 7/19/2011 6:06:41 AM   
mavraamides

This game looks awesome.

I'm curious about some of the units.
Are these army sized or corp sized units? It seems with the scale of the map they would almost have to be army sized.

Also, do the armored and armored car units represent huge massed formations or just regular armies with some armor support?

Do the artillery have greater than 1 hex range?

Does arty have defensive fire?

Also, what is an armored train? I'm not much of a student of WWI so I'm curios how armored trains figured into the combat. I see there is a separate rail gun unit so I assume this is something different.
Post #: 1
RE: Some unit questions - 7/22/2011 11:33:11 PM   
Terminus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_train

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to mavraamides)
Post #: 2
RE: Some unit questions - 7/23/2011 9:46:11 PM   
Lukas

quote:

Are these army sized or corp sized units? It seems with the scale of the map they would almost have to be army sized.

Probably closer to army size, but it's not an exact science.

quote:

Also, do the armored and armored car units represent huge massed formations or just regular armies with some armor support?

The "Armour" unit represents infantry with tank support. "Infantry" units are also considered to contain their own field artillery support etc.

quote:

Do the artillery have greater than 1 hex range?

Artillery units represent massed heavy artillery, mostly used at the start of an offensive. They require ammunition resources to attack, so this must be built up before the unit can be used. They have a range of 2 hexes, so the can be protected by 1 line of infantry units. Railroad guns have range of 2-3 because they represent huge long range calibre guns (ex: paris gun). Their damage is much lower than standard infantry though but bombarding enemy capitals lowers their national morale.

quote:

Does arty have defensive fire?

Artillery only fires during they player's turn. When attacked, the Artillery's own garrison will try to defend the guns, but they are very vulnerable to stronger units.

quote:

Also, what is an armored train? I'm not much of a student of WWI so I'm curios how armored trains figured into the combat. I see there is a separate rail gun unit so I assume this is something different.

Armoured trains are mobile artillery weapons, but could also be used closer to the actual. They relied on speed to avoid being overrun or caught by enemy artillery fire. In the game the are fast but restricted to railroad hexes.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Some unit questions - 10/7/2011 11:35:02 AM   
lamarwisneski

Well even I am also curios how armored trains figured into the combat after seeing there,a separate rail gun unit,I thought it can be different one...Nice poster..

(in reply to mavraamides)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Some unit questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI